[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

How to fix maple in one update from a 12 year vet

JordanTheTrollJordanTheTroll
Reactions: 435
edited June 2019 in General Chat
Merge all worlds together; just do it. its gonna happen anyway. (Except reboot)
The reason why Old players are quitting is because of the rapid nerfing of favorite MS spots such as Himes, Jesters and scarecrows and gallos. These Spots are were we spent the peak of MS but were nerfed due too good experiance? This was futile as now we have repeating tera burning projects. going from 1-150 takes less then 2 hours now.
Monster Carnival, LUDI PQ, ORBIS PQ and my favorite... Kerning PQ!!!! were all vital parts of playing maplestory. Remember the first map of Kerning PQ? it was very hard when you first made it to high enough level to enter. You would kill snakes for passes. Then you would venture on to the rest of the PQ as trying boxes for a combination. This required teamwork. All of the things we loved are missing in current maplestory. so how do we fix this? Buff all of the PQs for higher level content. Bring back Himes as a good level 220 Training map. Bring back Jesters as a good level 190 Training map. Fit what we love to adapt to the current end game meta.

You can seamlessly do this by creating a portal hub to Areas such as these for easy access to players over 150+

We can't/shouldn't keep them for the lower levels because people reach higher levels too fast. Meaning its useless to bring back old content for us to enjoy if we are just gonna be there for a few levels. I suggest starting at level 150. This is when the (portal_hub) is available for nostalgic training purposes. for Ex. Ludi PQ can be for level 150-155 Kerning PQ can be 156-165. A hime map would be for 150-160 Jesters could be 190-200
also bring back roar
  1. YES?3 votes
    1. Yes
       67% (2 votes)
    2. yes, bring back roar
       33% (1 vote)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    "Cater to my nostalgia"
    FuhreakDetrivanceLaudierPirateIzzy
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited June 2019
    jordanTheTroll : "........fix maple in one update....... " for sure...
    DaxterbeerKuronekonovachaoscauser
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Unironically start the game over and never add pay2win, and never add cubes.
    WONDERGUYKuronekonova
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited July 2019
    What's funny is CWKPQ wasn't even broken and they tried "fixing" it by removing it. Also updating PQ's seem to be harder than changing a few numbers around. Not like when they balance classes every few months, I'm sure.

Anyways, I'm sure they'll fix remove the pqs when the time is right never.
    WONDERGUYluna02
  • JordanTheTrollJordanTheTroll
    edited July 2019
    i forgot about CWKPQ that is stuff of legends. Remember headless horesman and bigfoot. I watched my friend solo it for an hour before he finally killed it
    edited July 2019
    Im also tired of going through these long prequest just to gain exp outside of them. Being forced to do something is not fun.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Im also tired of going through these long prequest just to gain exp outside of them. Being forced to do something is not fun.

I don't know of any class, outside of zero, that forces you to do quests in order to gain exp outside of the quests.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »

I don't know of any class, outside of zero, that forces you to do quests in order to gain exp outside of the quests.

The Flora (and Cadena) would like a word with you.
    JordanTheTrolldarik
  • UpsilonGreenUpsilonGreen
    Reactions: 630
    edited July 2019
    Nexon will never listen to us, so there may not be much point.

I would say nerf the whole game back to big bang standards, like making the damage cap 999k, reducing damage formulas, skill damage (anything to do with damage basically) back to those times, reduce the stat gains from scrolling, potential etc, nerf % potential (so 12% becomes 6% or something like that), make parties relevant and needed. Increase cooldowns of runes, add cooldowns to the bounty hunter portals, increase exp from party quests, increase exp needed to level by 2/3x, decrease exp from all monsters, revamp the trait system to add more traits and have them affect more stats, maybe ambition can give boss % damage, charm can give %atk.

So many things to be done. Not that it will ever be done.

Can Nexon even make their own decisions, like doing some of the above? Reinvent maple? Or do they need to follow the parent company?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Can Nexon even make their own decisions, like doing some of the above? Reinvent maple? Or do they need to follow the parent company?

Considering they're more or less a satellite of the parent company, I'd say drastic ground-up "dumpster the last ten years or so" types of changes would be fairly out of the ballpark. Consider, as well, that dumpstering a decade's worth of changes made to the game on a fundamental level would do nothing for the ailing player counts. Reverting the game back to v92 or something won't magically bring back every single person who's quit for any number of reasons.
  • fidgetspinnerACEfidgetspinnerACE
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited July 2019
    I don't think Maple needs to be reverted. It just needs to be balanced more closely. It doesn't even have to be egregious, it could be simple implementations and some number adjustments. For example, in KMS, they've added more Arcane dailies in ChuChu and Lach I believe, which means more variety, so that's good. In all honesty, I feel they should cut back on new content and just revitalize what they have now.
    WONDERGUYSlicedTimePirateIzzy
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    I don't think Maple needs to be reverted. It just needs to be balanced more closely. It doesn't even have to be egregious, it could be simple implementations and some number adjustments. For example, in KMS, they've added more Arcane dailies in ChuChu and Lach I believe, which means more variety, so that's good. In all honesty, I feel they should cut back on new content and just revitalize what they have now.

New content is fine but holy hell chill with the monotonous dailies
  • KorunikKorunik
    Reactions: 510
    edited July 2019
    ...idk what the hell youre doing where you can get to 150 in two hours. you spamming monster park or something?
    edited July 2019
    Korunik wrote: »
    ...idk what the hell youre doing where you can get to 150 in two hours. you spamming monster park or something?

Look it up on youtube and there will be faster videos then that
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019

Yes, look up the mega-whale who puts days, if not weeks, of preparation into every sub-two-hour 1-200 video he puts up. Ignore how much money he sinks into moving gear from character to character with psoks, ignore that he has a frenzy totem because he's a massive whale and friends following him around helping him with things like holy symbol and other party buffs.

Look to him as the norm, rather than the extreme outlier. What could possibly go wrong? :|

It's possible, but it requires fairly substantial prep work, it also requires you to be a giant whale who can throw $80 at the game to transfer gear between characters without flinching. You can't just casually make a character and kill a few mobs here and there and suddenly be level 150 inside of an hour-plus-change.
    edited July 2019

Yes, look up the mega-whale who puts days, if not weeks, of preparation into every sub-two-hour 1-200 video he puts up. Ignore how much money he sinks into moving gear from character to character with psoks, ignore that he has a frenzy totem because he's a massive whale and friends following him around helping him with things like holy symbol and other party buffs.

Look to him as the norm, rather than the extreme outlier. What could possibly go wrong? :|

It's possible, but it requires fairly substantial prep work, it also requires you to be a giant whale who can throw $80 at the game to transfer gear between characters without flinching. You can't just casually make a character and kill a few mobs here and there and suddenly be level 150 inside of an hour-plus-change.

You're massively overrating how much work is put into that. With the Tera burning i can achieve 150 in 2 hours easily. The last stretch of levels to 200 im not familiar on. I can achieve this because i have all characters so any character i make automatically has Zero exp buffs + character cards + legion + all link skills (mercedes link skill for exp). This takes me literally 10mins to get a few basic transferable items that arent OP at all (Witch hat) and then accepting all link skills. I can achieve level 200 within a day for sure.
    edited July 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

The Flora (and Cadena) would like a word with you.

Ark prequests are long..
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019

You're massively overrating how much work is put into that. With the Tera burning i can achieve 150 in 2 hours easily. The last stretch of levels to 200 im not familiar on. I can achieve this because i have all characters so any character i make automatically has Zero exp buffs + character cards + legion + all link skills (mercedes link skill for exp). This takes me literally 10mins to get a few basic transferable items that arent OP at all (Witch hat) and then accepting all link skills. I can achieve level 200 within a day for sure.

Burning events aren't a constant thing either. You get maybe five or six in a year. And tera burn? This is the second one ever.

You're massively underestimating how much work goes into his videos. He doesn't just decide "yeah I'm gonna get <class> to 200 in an hour" and then hit record.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited July 2019
    Nexon will never listen to us, so there may not be much point.

I would say nerf the whole game back to big bang standards, like making the damage cap 999k, reducing damage formulas, skill damage (anything to do with damage basically) back to those times, reduce the stat gains from scrolling, potential etc, nerf % potential (so 12% becomes 6% or something like that), make parties relevant and needed. Increase cooldowns of runes, add cooldowns to the bounty hunter portals, increase exp from party quests, increase exp needed to level by 2/3x, decrease exp from all monsters, revamp the trait system to add more traits and have them affect more stats, maybe ambition can give boss % damage, charm can give %atk.

So many things to be done. Not that it will ever be done.

So basically everyone would wake up and notice their characters are weak and it's next to impossible to level.
    I wouldn't listen to that either.
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2019
    wait have they still not brought back cwkpq? thats like one of the few things that get people consistently together. lol