[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Product Key required to play Maplestory

FuchebolFuchebol
Reactions: 110
in Tech Support
Hello,

I was playing the game last night and early morning and got off around 3:00 am-4:00 am EST.

However, I attempted to play today but I was prompted with inputting a 16 digit product key to play Maplestory now...this game has always been free and never required a product code. I have been playing since the Beta and my account has never run into issues(even though half my characters are banned for "hack" reason and they haven't leveled or been played since I stopped playing years ago, but thats another issue) So I am wondering what is happening as I don't have any answers and I can't find any answers on the website.

Please let me know if you are able to help.

Thank you.
MorningAfterSeven

Comments

• NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited June 2019
    I have not encountered anything of the sort recently, however I vaguely recall seeing it happen before.

Closing your launcher (by right-clicking the icon on your system tray and pressing exit) or restarting your computer should likely resolve the issue.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited June 2019
    @OP: were you, by any chance, trying to start the game from a desktop shortcut?

I had this very thing happen to me with ms2 once. About a week ago, I tried starting it from a desktop shortcut that'd been there since official launch(October-ish 2018), it worked fine one night and the next day it pops open the launcher and the play button is replaced with a redeem button. Closed and reopened the launcher and all was fine.
  • EscolhidaEscolhida
    Reactions: 610
    I'm having the same issue here. I had it last week and don't know what did I do to solve it, but I remember pressing all and every button the stupid launcher has.
    Now, I tried launching through the MapleStory.exe shortcut icon on my desktop. No changes;
    Tried as well logging off and in again, no changes;
    Tried also restarting the PC, nope;
    Even tried uninstalling and reinstalling nexon launcher, nothing new...
    Please, come with an answer.
  • OtherBearOtherBear
    I just fixed it by entering in a random 16 digits and spamming next till it said verifying and downloaded the update
  • blacklivesmatterblacklivesmatter
    Reactions: 110
    OtherBear wrote: »
    I just fixed it by entering in a random 16 digits and spamming next till it said verifying and downloaded the update

wow that actually worked lmao... thanks
    MorningAfterSeven
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited July 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    I have not encountered anything of the sort recently, however I vaguely recall seeing it happen before.

Closing your launcher (by right-clicking the icon on your system tray and pressing exit) or restarting your computer should likely resolve the issue.

Just happened to me.
    Closed the launcher, re-launched it, all fixed :)

• BukkiChanBukkiChan
    Reactions: 500
    OtherBear wrote: »

This worked!! I was just starting to play after a long hiatus and was worried I wouldn't be able to get all my saved data back- Thank you!! (T⌓T)
  • Calvin2010Calvin2010
    Reactions: 100
    how to play maple story for free, is it need to paid, and how to get product key to play maple story
  • TannieTannie
    I HAVE BEEN PUTTING RANDOM 16 DIGIT PRODUCT NO. N STILL COULDN'T GET IT AAAAA TT EVERYTIME IT SAYS " YOUR PRODUCT CODE EXPIRED " TTTT BISH LEMME PLAYYY