[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Random kill count?

ChupChupChupChup
Reactions: 200
in General Chat
Hiya!
I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask this here, so please correct me if I'm wrong. This is my first time posting to this forum.
I have a question which I've been trying to find an answer for, for quite some time. But I can't find it anywhere.

Sometimes a kill count appears in screen (yknow, the yellow kill counts) for a certain monster (x/250 kills), but I'm not sure to 'what' this belongs...
It's not a quest, not a maple guide stamp, not an achievement, not monster collection, not a medal challenge...

So what could it be? What am I missing?
Thank you in advance!

Comments

• ChupChupChupChup
    edited July 2019
    Hiya!
    I'm not sure if I'm supposed to ask this here, so please correct me if I'm wrong. This is my first time posting to this forum.
    I have a question which I've been trying to find an answer for, for quite some time. But I can't find it anywhere.

Sometimes a kill count appears in screen (yknow, the yellow kill counts) for a certain monster (x/250 kills), but I'm not sure to 'what' this belongs...
    It's not a quest, not a maple guide stamp, not an achievement, not monster collection, not a medal challenge...

Thank you in advance!

EDIT: So apperently it WAS a maple guide stamp... But it didn't show before. I think that maple guide part appeared about an hour of 2 after I actually killed 250 of the Jr. Yeti's (This time it happened with the Jr. Yeti's, but it has happened before with other monsters too, like Nependeath). So why do those parts only appear after I did them?
  • TheGodOfFireTheGodOfFire
    Reactions: 890
    edited July 2019
    ChupChup wrote: »
    Hiya!

Thank you in advance!

hello. I think what you mean might be your combo count. When you have enough combo count, those different color combo orbs appear randomly(?) and gives you some exp. Bigger combos will give you better exp orbs.

never mind the above... i didnt see that (x/250)

might be instead surprise mission to defeat monsters?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    For maple guide stamps, you have to be within so many levels of the monster itself. Like the one for sand rats won't appear until you're like mid-80s or even 90.
    ChupChup
  • ChupChupChupChup
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    For maple guide stamps, you have to be within so many levels of the monster itself. Like the one for sand rats won't appear until you're like mid-80s or even 90.

Thank you for your reply!!! Hmmmm... But then it should have appeared beforehand I think? The Jr. Yeti's are lvl 78, whereas I was about lvl 95 when I started on the El Nath quests.
  • ChupChupChupChup
    edited July 2019
    Alright!!! I think I might know why this happens!

So in the maple guide contents map the 'mission' wasn't visible yet, but I DO see the yellow x/250 count now and then randomly for specific kind of monsters. Later on they do appear in the maple contents map, but only when I already completed those 250 kills AND only when I completed the main stamp mission for that particular region.

So for instance if I take El Nath: Beforehand you already get a mission in the maple guide which is the main mission: Obtain Snowfield Explorer Medal. When the main mission is completed and you get the stamp, other missions might appear for that region (in this case El Nath). For instance: Eliminate 250 Jr. Yetis. But you can actually already complete those missions BEFORE they appear in the maple guide contents map. So if you completed that one, it will appear with a stamp in the maple guide AFTER you completed the main quest.

This could be it?