[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Maplestory needs Server SUPREME

iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
Reactions: 1,435
edited July 2019 in General Chat
I've been thinking for a long time, that Maplestory needs a good event that motivates the Maplers to make an effort and enjoy the game, one that reminds you of the old Maplestory and attracts new players; It is then that the EMS Supreme Server remembers, where without help and a lot of effort every day had to do the daily Pqs to gain some experience and not like the failure that was the server lab, where everything was given to you on a platter. I ask this post to generate discussion with the maplers and help us to have this server again!

FXP2gaC.jpg

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    Not being from EMS, I can only base my experiences on what I did in LAB. As an event server, they have to boost your progression somehow since LAB lasted like...a month? If you are supposed to get to 200 within an event period on a server like Supreme, which if I remember from hearing about it, has the LAB death mechanics and higher EXP curve.
    The question I have is: Do you want a permanent version or just another event?
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited July 2019
    would be nice but GMS wont give us those medals eazy,not without $lootbox$
    SUPREME its for fun-hard challenge for a great rewards and we did not get anything in last few years that gives great rewards
    even anniversary that was a big thing in the past for great rewards got changed last few years to decent-bad-time expire items
    and all the great one got put in to marvel,philo.....
    am suprised how luna got to keep the medals
    also not like they got a team/power to code/patch back without KMS

• iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    edited July 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    Not being from EMS, I can only base my experiences on what I did in LAB. As an event server, they have to boost your progression somehow since LAB lasted like...a month? If you are supposed to get to 200 within an event period on a server like Supreme, which if I remember from hearing about it, has the LAB death mechanics and higher EXP curve.

permanent version ¡
  • iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    edited July 2019
    I want an extreme server where all the worlds can join and play like in the old school, it does not matter that I do not find a reward like the medals, I just want a place where they can have many people who miss the old MapleStory. his place, I am very sure that many people would play f4 again, I also ask for an update of the current Pqs that we have, that have greater difficulty of search and better obstacles when jumping xD.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    iLiMiTaDo wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

permanent version ¡

To permanent I unfortunately say no for my opinion, but again, my experience is only from LAB so I didn't experience the heightened exp curve and longevity that Supreme supposedly had. I don't expect player interest to stay high...(except maybe the ever lurking Pre-BB people) especially when, in my experience, there were players that specifically sabotaged others and insta killing them back to 10. This happened to my 17x bishop in LAB and it was extremely frustrating.
  • iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    edited July 2019
    In the supreme server when you died you were only left at 0% with the same Lv.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited July 2019
    Having supreme as an event world would be pretty cool. I want that Conqueror of the Hell medal.
    WONDERGUYiLiMiTaDoKuronekonova
  • HubbertoHubberto
    Reactions: 1,455
    edited July 2019
    The medals that Supreme offers would keep people's interest up for sure, not to mention that people nowadays tend to quit their job so they would have to repeat it all over again. When we had it, most people just went for level 100 because 200 was a hell of a challenge and if we hadn't had a defensive-wise broken class (paladin) I would have never made it. However it would require some serious changes now (unless they adopt the old exp curve, which would be funny in my opinion, but wouldn't happen), because 200 is too easy now but 250 I feel would be really too much of a requirement, but at the same time they should make AF scale so that you actually receive significant damage even with AF. This said and considered that this will probably (sadly) never see the light, I would however suggest removing the chance to get items that would ruin its purpose (for example making people unable to redeem philo books / marvel rewards).
    It's a completely different experience from Lab, mostly in that Lab quickly becomes easy to progress in at the small risk of losing all levels and it feeds you all you need to level up right at the beginning (with a little farming), whereas Supreme was miles harder to progress at first, and it provided much more of a challenge in both gearing up and proceeding with the game (4th job bosses would 1hko you, all potions and multi-target skills have their own cooldown making grinding A LOT slower, I remember 100-140 taking at least 4x as long as normal server).
  • YoccuYoccu
    Reactions: 1,165
    edited July 2019
    The actual point back in Ems of the Supreme server was being able to get higher then 200. Every 10lvl's in the Supreme world made you able to grind one lvl higher on the normal server. (And ofc the medals and other rewards)
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited July 2019
    You also needed a character of atleast lvl 150 on normal server before you could even make a character in supreme world.
  • iLiMiTaDoiLiMiTaDo
    edited July 2019
    I would put Lv.200 as a requirement, to access this world. It would also set the goal of reaching 230, which is an accessible level and, as a last detail, the PartyQuest modify them so that they are longer, more complicated and offer more experience, so that people can rely heavily on playing in groups.