[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Brawler Class Idea

SunoelSunoel
Reactions: 100
I have a new class idea... Man, do these even make their way up?
Anyway, I have an idea for a brawler class because I'm tired of our current selection. They never appealed to me from the beginning, and didn't grow on me after all these years. Except maybe blasters... but if I mained a blaster I would get carpool, finger paints and cramps. I'm just sick of the energy blasts, lightning sharks, shadowy creatures, and explosions fighting for the character.
Here is my 1 cent:

Imagine a brawler class that attacks the way a Hayato or Aran would. They would spam the attack key and dish out super sick combos. They have a toggle skill that switches between two stances. Call them whatever you want, but for this example lets call it ground stance and flow stance. In flow stance, the attack skill would carry the character in the direction of the key, while still dishing out sick combos. The grounded stance would do increased damage and have the character attack in place. Ideally you would want to use one for bossing and the other for mobbing. Or for certain bosses a mix of both. Give this character 0 affinity for mana or energy, so he's depending on 100 percent discipline, training, will power, and physical strength. So don't lump him in with the dumb protagonist group. Of course, add some shockwave effect from him punching insanely hard so that his range isn't limited to his arms... otherwise that would be catastrophic (Shockwave effects are OKAY! That's just the sign of some anime-- I mean person training their bodies to the limit so their punches surpass the sound barrier).

All I described was the attack features. There would be other skills, for example... A skill that would send the monster you punch flying and if they hit other monsters or the wall they take significant damage. Use etc items as a projectile and fling them at mobs at the speed of light, penetrating their body leaving a gaping hole that leaves them paralyzed with an impending death. You get the jist.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    f6Vybzl.png
    Kuronekonova
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited July 2019
    Im kinda tired of Fist Pirates tbh. We have Bucc, Shade, TB. and Ark all using that same weapon, you could even make an argument to Jett since its original theme was a mix between Bucc and Corsair :T

So Imma pass on the idea of another one.
    Rissaness
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    If anything we need more dex gun pirates. There's what 4 (3 if you don't count Jett since KMS doesn't have Jett) AB, Corsair, Jett, Mechanic. Meanwhile for str pirates there's Cannoneer, Shade, Ark, Buccaneer, and Thunder Breaker, and Xenon is part str pirate, part thief just from KMS.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    If anything we need more dex gun pirates. There's what 4 (3 if you don't count Jett since KMS doesn't have Jett) AB, Corsair, Jett, Mechanic. Meanwhile for str pirates there's Cannoneer, Shade, Ark, Buccaneer, and Thunder Breaker, and Xenon is part str pirate, part thief just from KMS.

For the sake of the example, let's not count xenon. Because it's as much "part str pirate" as it is "part dex pirate" and "part luk pirate" and "part str thief" and "part dex thief" and "part luk thief".
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2019
    I'm thinking about making a mech than instead of being focused like a tank, it would be focused on melee attacks. It would have weapons like saw blades, grasping claws, etc or even reuse Mechanic's old skill Atomic Hammer. There will be a left and right hand system meaning you can casts 2 moves at the same time. The mech could also grab mobs and shred them alive for HP boosts.
    Rissaness
  • RissanessRissaness
    Reactions: 1,110
    edited July 2019
    Daxterbeer wrote: »
    I'm thinking about making a mech than instead of being focused like a tank, it would be focused on melee attacks. It would have weapons like saw blades, grasping claws, etc or even reuse Mechanic's old skill Atomic Hammer. There will be a left and right hand system meaning you can casts 2 moves at the same time. The mech could also grab mobs and shred them alive for HP boosts.

I like your idea a lot! Especially with the prospect of rotating weapon choices. It's like Wild Hunter's Jaguar swap option. ^^
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited July 2019
    Sunoel wrote: »
    I have a new class idea... Man, do these even make their way up?
    Anyway, I have an idea for a brawler class because I'm tired of our current selection. They never appealed to me from the beginning, and didn't grow on me after all these years. Except maybe blasters... but if I mained a blaster I would get carpool, finger paints and cramps. I'm just sick of the energy blasts, lightning sharks, shadowy creatures, and explosions fighting for the character.
    Here is my 1 cent:

Imagine a brawler class that attacks the way a Hayato or Aran would.../quote]

Well we had that back in 2008 but nexon deleted most of it because some koreans complained about it now instead we got a bunch of lame energy/magic/spirit shooting clowns instead of a proper melee class

I miss the time when you could punch a boss in the face it was cool...
    now you can literally just stand still while your summoned magic dragon kills everything what a shame
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    ClawStaff wrote: »

For the sake of the example, let's not count xenon. Because it's as much "part str pirate" as it is "part dex pirate" and "part luk pirate" and "part str thief" and "part dex thief" and "part luk thief".

Yes but even still there's 2 more str pirates from KMS than dex pirates and with us having Jett if we got one more dex pirate the total of each would be equal. I think it would make more sense to do that than give the branch that already has more classes even more. Besides while we just got Pathfinder, dex is a much less represented stat than str, with str also having so many warriors.