[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Data on Spider Familiar [REBOOT: July 2019]

ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
Reactions: 650
edited July 2019 in General Chat
Performed with: Night Lord, Level 200
Drop Rate: No items with increased drop rate
No. of Familiars Obtained: 0
Battle Time: 22 minutes, 48 seconds
Acquired Experience: 2,831,000

Experience per Kill: Roughly 800
Total # of Spiders Killed: Roughly 3,538
Total # of Equipment Dropped: 42
# of Spiders per Piece of Equipment: 84
Equipment Drop rate: 1.19%
Performed with: Pathfinder, Level 93 --> Level 96
Drop Rate: Equipped a Spider Familiar each time one dropped
No. of Familiars Obtained: 3
Battle Time: Roughly 35 minutes
Acquired Experience: Roughly 15,000,000

Experience per Kill: 4052
Total # of Spiders Killed: Roughly 3701
Total # of Equipment Dropped: Unknown; but estimate about the same as Night Lord
Total # of Spiders per Familiar Card: 1233 [They actually dropped pretty equidistant relative to time]

My hypothesis would simply be that because I was beyond that +20 levels limit with my Night Lord, the drop rate woefullly decreased.
My suggestion is that if you are farming for a Spider familiar, make sure you are on a character that is + or - 20 levels, and storage the familiars.

Image of me not having a pet: https://ibb.co/8YpfMhJ

Comments

• RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2019
    You might have just been really unlucky with your Night Lord (given that that have a skill that increase drop rate by 15% if you only kill monster with it, the drop rate however does not apply to marks) and really lucky on your pathfinder, as the first familiar drop usually take on average 1 hour.
    You should have farmed a mixed golem familiar for the +20% drop rate before attempting this to make it easier.

Some issue with your data collection.
    Should have separated the data after you started to use the big spider familiar on your pathfinder.
    Getting combo orbs on your NightLord will inflate the monster kill count (also one of the faster class to generate combo orbs when marks is active), as exp from monster from being overleveled is reduced by 30%, where as the exp from combo orb remain the same.
    Need more data than just from 1 trial.
    FuhreakThrowThatTea
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Rexaar wrote: »

I agree. The sample size is too small.
    Getting combo orbs on your NightLord will inflate the monster kill count (also one of the faster class to generate combo orbs when marks is active), as exp from monster from being overleveled is reduced by 30%, where as the exp from combo orb remain the same.

I'd love to see Nexon fix this by breaking data down further and adding a kill count to the battle statistics.

Good job of collecting this sample and posting it for awareness.
    This is the kind of stuff I want to see the community doing.
    ThrowThatTea
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    I'd kill(ha!) for a killcount statistic to be added to the battle analysis window. I don't care about how much mesos I earn in total/per second. I'm not on reboot so it averages like 5-6m an hour anyway. I want to know how many mobs I kill in an hour and per second.
    FuhreakThrowThatTea
  • ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
    Reactions: 650
    edited July 2019
    You might have just been really unlucky with your Night Lord (given that that have a skill that increase drop rate by 15% if you only kill monster with it, the drop rate however does not apply to marks) and really lucky on your pathfinder, as the first familiar drop usually take on average 1 hour.
    You should have farmed a mixed golem familiar for the +20% drop rate before attempting this to make it easier.

I figured there may have been a natural buff. Thanks for the info.
    Some issue with your data collection.
    Should have separated the data after you started to use the big spider familiar on your pathfinder.

For accuracy, you are definitely correct about separating data per familiar drop. However, I forgot to turn on the Battle Analysis, which is why all my numbers are "rough" estimates.
    Also, didn't think about the combo orbs skewing the data. Thanks for pointing that out. They would only equate to a few spiders though, so not too big of a deal.

Lastly, I agree that there aren't enough trials here to produce reliable aggregate data; but that wasn't really my intention. I was simply needing the familiars and figured someone may look this up a year from now, and it may give them a rough estimate on time investment required. I actually went back and farmed for another 30 minutes with my Pathfinder on a 2 spider familiar and got 0 drops. So yeah, RNG is awesome.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Minor correction: showdown gives a 5% exp/drop bonus, increased by a further 5% by a hyper passive.

Skill: x3nM8gK.png

Hyper: oTiwOgO.png

I don't know where Rex got 15% from.