[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Game redownloads when there is a new update

LetsPlayConanLetsPlayConan
Reactions: 200
edited July 2019 in Tech Support
I opened MapleStory yesterday and it worked well but it is the same problem over and over. When I try to update this game it redownloads this game and I have to wait a long time, when it's done. I try to change the file direction but there is a double MapleStory-file like C:/Nexon/Library/maplestory/maplestory. When I first downloaded this game there was only one maplestory file. It's the same with MapleStory 2. Even when I change the file direction, it doesn't change its direction. I tried to change the file without the Library and thought it would help, but it keeps adding the Library and the double MapleStory file. Or when I change the direction at C:/Nexon/Library/maplestory, the double file is still existing. I hope someone can help me and fix this problem.

I thank you in advance!

Comments

• CamperCamper
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2019
    are you sure its actually downloading ?, when i patch, the download today was like 125MB but the install was the 14.7GB, and i havent got any double folder, it does take time with the install i guess, but yeah dont know if this is what you are refering to.
  • LetsPlayConanLetsPlayConan
    edited July 2019
    I'm not even sure, but when I update it, it looks like it tries to download the files again. It starts from 0 to 14.7 GB. It's pretty long... I even tried to uninstall this game and the Nexon Launcher but it still does the same thing.
  • CamperCamper
    Reactions: 600
    edited July 2019
    if when you do the patch, does the 14.7GB stand in the install tab or the download one ? :)
    edited July 2019
    Now you mention it... Both were 0, if I am not wrong.
  • NoComparisonNoComparison
    Reactions: 1,275
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Same!!! It literally wouldn't let me do anything else! This game is getting me so tilted and I haven't even got to play today! Just patch>Redownload>Patch>Constant DC or unable to log me in at all.
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited July 2019
    My launcher says 95% complete, 28 GB out of 14 GB installed and there's no sign of stopping.
    edited July 2019
    I have just tried to put my MapleStory-file somewhere else and wanted to see what the Launcher would do, if I downloaded it again, then stop the download and placed the files I have put somewhere else again on its own place. I thought it would download this game entirely again, but the button instantly displays the Play-button. Maybe the statement of mine was wrong when I stated that both were 0. I try to report on the next Update what the tab Download and Install display.
    edited July 2019
    Same!!! It literally wouldn't let me do anything else! This game is getting me so tilted and I haven't even got to play today! Just patch>Redownload>Patch>Constant DC or unable to log me in at all.

What do you mean by that?
    edited July 2019
    My launcher says 95% complete, 28 GB out of 14 GB installed and there's no sign of stopping.

Try to reinstall your game. Maybe that will work?
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited July 2019

Try to reinstall your game. Maybe that will work?

I closed the launcher and restart and it seemed to work then. Probably related to the "launcher update"
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2019
    There are two parts to the launcher update, the download and the installation.
    Download is listed above installation.

This is normal for many programs (having to re-install the entire program upon updating), does not consume any internet data, and isn't an issue. The patch was 125 MB large this time around.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/21681/faq-why-is-launcher-reinstalling-the-whole-12gb#latest
    LetsPlayConan