[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Beast Tamers crashing often

KingofFurriesKingofFurries
Reactions: 1,605
edited June 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: functionality

Brief bug summary: Beast tamers will disconnect after doing anything for more than a few minutes

More details:

I was browsing reddit and discovered https://www.reddit.com/r/Maplestory/comments/c0p635/beast_tamer_experiencing_excessive_disconnections/

as a beast tamer main i had to test this for myself ( i had not done anything recently since patch) and it turns out this might just be true. i first tried to do normal cygnus, to try and register shinsoo in the monster book, but in just a few minutes i disconnected. Then, to test this bug, i started training in cavern lower path, and in just a few minutes i disconnected for no reason.

Steps to reproduce:

1. Have a beast tamer class
2. go train, or do bossing (something that takes a few minutes)
3. see if you randomly disconnect

Character name: KingFurry

Character level: 230

Character job: beast tamer

World name: Bera

Date and time of the incident: after the patch, 6/15/2019 1:20 am EDT
Beef

Comments

• BeefBeef
    Reactions: 2,560
    edited June 2019
    I also did normal BT routine to test. I tested at Mutant Pigs and set the fire, pop Calvary and dced twice. I also did it on lower level BT that doesn't have 5th job and didn't dc.
  • LycalenaLycalena
    Reactions: 200
    I also sent a ticket on that. level 176, I tried every stance. Bear crashes the fastest whenever you use the fire trumpet and the hammers,crashes In about 10-30 seconds. Cat, leopard and hawk do not crash as often but indeed do, crashes in about 5 minutes. Not using any skills and just walking around does not crash for me. This is only on beast tamer, and I can play for hours without crashing on other characters.
  • RaindropsRaindrops
    Reactions: 610
    edited June 2019
    Can confirm. As a Beast Tamer main this has been so frustrating I can't even finish dailies + cap coins. Literally disconnecting under just a few minutes. I've sent to support along with couples of videos and they responded they will be looking into it so hopefully it gets fixed soon. Shame that we'll be missing out 3x and 2x events.
  • OkhuraOkhura
    Reactions: 4,185
    edited June 2019
    Thanks, it's been forwarded.
  • DracolovDracolov
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2019
    I recently made a Beast Tamer on Reboot and I notice the game has been disconnecting me when I train using Hawk skills, so I've been using the Leopard Mode. Edit: Just saw this thread is kind of old but seems to still have the disconnection issue, for me at least.
  • denzudenzu
    Reactions: 100
    I created a beast tamer today on reboot and it still crashes all the time when training and some times just random
  • AllowedAllowed
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited July 2019
    I don't have any crash issues with Beast Tamer tho.

The only issue i have with Beast Tamer is the sometime bugged skill window.