[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Making major update pictures as wallpapers

AstersAsters
Reactions: 975
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello!

i have been fascinated by the art of the recent updates like (Arcade Adventures update) and it's mini game ( Spot the difference ) the pictures were stunning- adding to that the ever changing cute and catchy log in pictures - i wish i could have them as wallpapers and screen savers ( like path finder one)!! y

looking for these soon- thank you in advance!
  1. Would you like to have original maplestory art as wallpapers ?3 votes
    1. Yes! definitely!
       33% (1 vote)
    2. Meh .
       67% (2 votes)

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
  • AstersAsters
    edited July 2019
    thanks for the tip!
    i found up-to date wallpapers- just looking for screensavers now.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Asters wrote: »
    thanks for the tip!
    i found up-to date wallpapers- just looking for screensavers now.

Consider throwing them into a folder and selecting that folder for the slideshow screensaver?
    Asters
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    Asters wrote: »
    that is a good idea! - my suggestion is toward making active ones ( similar to gif) for example pathfinder one on log in screen which glows and got some movement elements ( like hair-eyes)

That would be interesting for sure
  • AstersAsters
    edited July 2019
    that is a good idea! - my suggestion is toward making active ones ( similar to gif) for example pathfinder one on log in screen which glows and got some movement elements ( like hair-eyes)
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited July 2019
    KMS also offers wallpapers and artwork, mostly the same as GMS but also including other events such as Chuseok, 5000 day anniversary, and new years.

https://maplestory.nexon.com/Media/ArtWork

There are only the three GMS screensavers that I can find, however. I'm not entire sure how popular screensavers are nowadays.
    Asters
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    Lol wish some of them had more resolution options, some of them are weird resolutions just smaller or larger enough that it's an uncommon resolution for screens to have nowadays.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    ClawStaff wrote: »
    Lol wish some of them had more resolution options, some of them are weird resolutions just smaller or larger enough that it's an uncommon resolution for screens to have nowadays.

There are two 16:9 resolutions(1366x768, 1920x1080) and two 16:10 resolutions(1680x1050, 1920x1200). How is that "weird resolutions"?

Furthermore:
    7RVY7P3.png

Unless you're the one with the weird screen resolution(and I mean come on, does anyone even use 4:3 anymore?), you can easily set it to fit or fill and the image will scale to your monitor's current resolution setting.
    Asters
  • ClawStaffClawStaff
    Reactions: 2,950
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    @Aggraphine 4:3 has been used for ages while 16:10 was only really a thing for 3 years from 2005-2008, ever since than its been 16:9, then eventually 2k, 4k, 8k. So yes it's kinda strange for them to still make ones that offer 16:10, but not 16:9 aspect ratio options (If it had 4:3,16:10, and 16:9 fine but the the new ones that don't, ehhh...). For ones they made within those 3 years sure, makes sense... but now? All I'm saying is I wish there were more options, no need to get so upset lol.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    16:10 monitors are still very much a thing, friend. They may not be as commonplace as 16:9 but they're still far more common than 4:3 anymore.

Also, 2k, 4k and 8k are still 16:9 so that point is redundant and irrelevant.

There don't need to be more options. If your screen is 16:10, you take the 16:10 one that's the same size or larger than your screen resolution.

Here is what my desktop background currently is. Note that the resolution given is 1920x1200. This is 16:10. My monitor is rather on the small side, being only 1440x900. This, however, is still 16:10.

Fortunately, I know a simple function of windows that has existed since XP or Vista, I believe, wherein you can change the fit of your desktop background to accommodate images that may not precisely fit the physical confines of your screen.

Were I to set windows to the "center" setting for my background image, it would look like this:
    FSCAzH9.jpg

As you can clearly see, this is zoomed in far too much.

Now if I were to change that the "fill" or "fit" settings, it would look like this:
    otIEj8Y.jpg

As you can see, this is a much more acceptable outcome.

I can do the same with one of the ones from the site here as well.
    "Center":
    CMKaSAi.jpg

"Fit"/"Fill":
    kwET9DV.jpg

Now tell me, what part of this yet eludes your understanding? What part of my post fails to show you why they would not bother offering a wallpaper download in a dozen different resolutions?
    Asters