[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New X-Scrolls in Maplehood Watch?

CutyJerryCutyJerry
Reactions: 525
edited July 2019 in General Chat
I have seen that maplehood watch gachapon will have X Scrolls for Wep, Acc, Pet Equips which gives better stats than primes and premium scrolls. I am just wondering if they are actually going to be in it or it is actually a mistake and going to be taken out? If they are actually in the game, I am very confused as to why because gms have been doing everything to make gms more like kms so it is easier to copy their data and patch over while try to limit breaking the balance; and those changes came at significant prices such as removal of nebulites, singapore maps and POTTABLE Badge, adding flames and 25 star force system. Now gms is adding some Overpowered Scrolls that will break the balance that is not in KMS? What is going on?? It wasn't even long ago that premium scrolls and magical scrolls came to gms and they actually make sense because they are more balanced and in KMS also.
xAiolosKuronekonova

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    Nebulites sucked. Anything below A-tier was literally garbage, and the only thing anyone used at A-tier was decent sharp eyes, 20% boss and 4% allstat. Not a really good "came at great cost" argument.

Also, hearsay != factual occurrence.
    darik
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited July 2019
    The gains from X scrolls are huge. I think we are copying TMS. They are another version with weird scrolls, flames, 25 stars and no pottable badges. I am just wondering how rare these scrolls will be. They are superior to primes in every aspect except the availability is still a mystery. We don't need to protect them since there is no chance of failure.
  • CutyJerryCutyJerry
    Reactions: 525
    edited July 2019
    @Aggraphine, what ur saying has nothing to do with my point but yea nebulite is just an example yea flames are way better than nebulites in terms of damage; however people like me and lots of other people have invested tons of money and time to get those 4% all stat and boss nebs on every item and they just deleted them for basically no compensation (crappy flames stats which had to be rerolled) which I think can be called a significant price; and that was fine with me because due to new bosses and system flames had to be introduced and they were in most of the other versions too however what I don't get is they have removed lots of stuff which people have spent lots of time and money for to match with KMS and then they go ahead and put a overpowered item that doesn't exist in KMS.

@Daxterbeer yea many of items such as frenzy totem (which they removed from this marvel), violet cubes (which was on sale for one day and hard to get more than a few at a time since then) and etc have come from TMS but I really thought they were going toward KMS because they just bring path files over from KMS all the time. Lots of texts in-game are still written in Korean and Same bugs that happend in KMS update, they bring over that exact bug lol.

I really think GMS has to decide which direction they are going with. If GMS wants to go like KMS then do it or go like Overpowered TMS then so be it but going back and forth is really confusing and makes people make bad investments and waste money/time away. I am fine with remaking new BiS items every few years but recently BiS have been changing way too rapidly because GMS hasn't taken a clear direction. I have personally self-made almost all of my gears since last flame and starforce update to 80k+ stat and I thought I can finally just ride with my gears for few years until new BiS comes out but I guess I won't fund and spend any more money any longer since fixing or changing gears every few month isn't worth it for me.
    WONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    CutyJerry wrote: »
    @Aggraphine, what ur saying has nothing to do with my point but yea nebulite is just an example yea flames are way better than nebulites in terms of damage; however people like me and lots of other people have invested tons of money and time to get those 4% all stat and boss nebs on every item and they just deleted them for basically no compensation (crappy flames stats which had to be rerolled) which I think can be called a significant price; and that was fine with me because due to new bosses and system flames had to be introduced and they were in most of the other versions too however what I don't get is they have removed lots of stuff which people have spent lots of time and money for to match with KMS and then they go ahead and put a overpowered item that doesn't exist in KMS.

You were compensated by way of a certain number of flames per individual nebulite of a certain tier you had in your possession when the update went live.
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited July 2019
    You can already add attack to armor with chaos scroll of goodness and incredible chaos scroll of goodness (extremely much more expensive than prime scroll by many magnitude due to the cost of return scroll and low rate of adding +4 to +10 att).
    This won't affect the equipment power creep ceiling that much as this is pretty much a more reliable method over the icog/return scroll method for putting attack on equipment (the icog/return scroll method still have the potential to still be stronger than X scrolls with enough money and luck)
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2019
    There's a perfectly good scrolling system that uses spell traces. They could improve that instead of the inevitable wallet gouging that will follow this event.
    WONDERGUYxAiolosdarik
  • xAiolosxAiolos
    Reactions: 710
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    I have nothing against TMS but adding these X scrolls to GMS it's disgusting. It's not pleasant to watch TMS videos with all it's things like that pink laser (I guess it's soul attack (?)), familiars (which we already have), ridiculous damage (people doing hard lucid like a joke), breath of divinity (which we already have and also I'm against cause you don't have to learn to control your character, just use the bod's skill and press your attack skill like an idiot). We should transition to KMS where it's hard to kill a boss, where it takes time and specially a lot of practice to do it, where you can se your pj attacking, etc.
    I think those scrolls are really OP and the only way you should get OP equipment must be with hard scrolling such as ICOGS and it's RNG. Not only that, must of us will have to re-make most of our primed equips (and also gollux) to transition into these X scrolls. In my opinion it's a terrible decision.
    WONDERGUY