[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Infernal Concussion rework

DuskGuardDuskGuard
Reactions: 1,465
edited August 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello,

Currently, Infernal Concussion is clunky (freezes you in the animation) and just strange for a demon slayer. You appear to be casting a spell as you swipe your mace at the air, and then suddenly huge magma spikes rise out of the ground in a straight line formation. This skill looks terrible if done in mid air or on the edge of a platform as the magma is manifesting itself out of thin air. Furthermore, although DS has skills like demon cry (which is good), the DS is not meant to be a spell caster. Having Infernal Concussion as our main mobbing skill doesn't quite fit the DS theme.

My suggestion is to rework it as "Demon Spikes" or a similar name. It can have the same range but not lock you into a "frozen" animation for half a second. Demon Spikes would launch several spikes (dark purple or dark red, both would look good) out of the Demon Slayer's back into the air. Picture a porcupine shooting 7-10 large quills out of it's back. If you wanted, you could give the skill a bit of wind up, for instance: the spikes jerk forward before shooting out, like the cocking of a gun, then bam!

I think this change would not only better fit the theme of DS, but if made to not freeze us in animation, it would also make DS more appealing to farm with. If this change went through I would consider DS the best class to play gameplay wise, IC is the only thing holding it back IMO.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Both demons could do with a retouch to their skills, I feel. They're old as hell and still using their original animations and such.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    As a Demon Slayer main...I don't particularly like the idea of being a "porcupine" with spikes. When I look at most of the Demon Slayer skills, I really don't have much of a problem in terms of animation and style. I still miss the days when Demon Cry was our main skill but alas...it is not meant to be.
    Infernal just needs to be...less clunky which would just be adjusting the cast time. I actually don't use it and mob better (Battle Analysis checked) with Demon Impact/Demon Cry and Cerberus when off CD. One idea would be to go the Kaiser route and give it a seperate in-air animation.
    darikDuskGuard
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited August 2019
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    As a Demon Slayer main...I don't particularly like the idea of being a "porcupine" with spikes. When I look at most of the Demon Slayer skills, I really don't have much of a problem in terms of animation and style. I still miss the days when Demon Cry was our main skill but alas...it is not meant to be.
    Infernal just needs to be...less clunky which would just be adjusting the cast time. I actually don't use it and mob better (Battle Analysis checked) with Demon Impact/Demon Cry and Cerberus when off CD. One idea would be to go the Kaiser route and give it a seperate in-air animation.

How I explained it and how I envision it are probably two vastly different things. In my head it looks good. Anyways I do acknowledge that what I want probably isn't what most people want unfortunately. I've also come to know that many people enjoy the current iteration of infernal concussion. Though, I do agree that old Demon Cry spam was awesome. I'd love it if that was our mobbing ability again even if it means removing the exp/drop bonus, decreasing AoE, and decreasing damage. It's just an awesome looking and feeling ability.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    DuskGuard wrote: »
    Petalmagic wrote: »

How I explained it and how I envision it are probably two vastly different things. In my head it looks good. Anyways I do acknowledge that what I want probably isn't what most people want unfortunately. I've also come to know that many people enjoy the current iteration of infernal concussion. Though, I do agree that old Demon Cry spam was awesome. I'd love it if that was our mobbing ability again even if it means removing the exp/drop bonus, decreasing AoE, and decreasing damage. It's just an awesome looking and feeling ability.

yeah, a small damage cut and either vastly lowering the drop/exp to levels similar to NL's Showdown (it has like 10% with hyper drop increase?) or removing them would make it viable as it was before...They could even just throw the debuff onto Infernal and give it a CD again :T