[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I wrote this week's memeo for nexon

JushiroNetJushiroNet
Reactions: 6,160
Member, Private Tester
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hi All,

It’s Friday and that means it’s time to dump the bad news on our community while we at Nexon hide from the backlash until Monday. For the three of you that are still upset by Monday we look forward to discarding your feedback.

As you may recall in previous memeos we are unwilling to pay for an appropriate amount of server resources to support the small increase in spawn caused by kishin and furry totem, and for this reason we have removed frenzy totem from all future cash sales. It’s only fair. If you’d like to see frenzy totem return, or increased access to the new furry totem we’ll need at least half of you to quit. That should free up enough resources!

Next, it has come to our attention that the increased rate of obtaining rewards from elite monsters is no longer being applied. I know we said the higher drop rates were intentional, but I guess it’s not. Who knew? I guess you’ll just need to buy more NX if you want cubes.

Finally, a quick update on some of our long-standing issues. We still have no plan to allow gollux earrings and rings to be obtained beyond the single purchase limit. Just remake your character lol. Crafted cubes will continue to not be tradable. The materials are all tradable but you can’t trade the cube. Because. Reasons.

I look forwarding to seeing you in game. I’ll be afking in an event chair for coins. This is considered content.

Thanks,

Dennis “SavageAce” Bernardo
Lead Nerfer of all things fun and rewarding – MapleStory

P.S. You’re never getting pottable badges.
darikMiraDuskGuardPenguinz0Kuronekonova

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    I mean, you're probably not wrong.
    darikKuronekonova
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    There was way too much truth and straightforwardness in that post. You need to be far more nebulous and not actually commit to anything you say. I did appreciate the effort though - 8.5/10. ;D
    StarryKnight
  • DuskGuardDuskGuard
    Reactions: 1,465
    edited August 2019
    LOL
    Kuronekonova
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2019
    Hey, we found SavageAce's alt account! /sarcasm
    Kuronekonova
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Anyone who thinks the memos actually pass muster for communication of some sort are just fooling themselves. There is no communication, at least not in a meaningful back-and-forth format. As a collective unit, the memos are nothing but an amalgamation of vague non-committal non-answers to problems that are sometimes weeks in the making. Or worse, they're a complete and utter disregard for communal feedback, a complete lack of respect for players.

I'd like to refer everyone to this post from just under two years ago to the day. In this post, a representative of nexon essentially told the community "we know none of you are going to be happy about this, but we're doing it anyway".

If nexon wants to cut down on people taking the piss out of them, make people see that they actually care about feedback, then they'd acknowledge the fact and address it going forward.

In a memo of some sort...
    iufRYia.png
    darikKuronekonova