[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I want to recover an old account

DiximaNDiximaN
Reactions: 1,390
edited August 2019 in Account Billing Support
I want to recover my old account, which is from late 2008. I remember the username, the password, and the IGN of my primary character that I used to have there. However, when I'm trying to log on with my old username, it says that the password is incorrect.

Using the "Forgot your password?" option refers me to a form where I need to type an email address, and I have two possible email addresses (means that one of these two was used for the opening of that account), however, both emails are not accessible anymore because the email service provider shutted down, so no help will come from them.
Is there any chance for recovery?

Thanks in advance

Comments

• HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Since you remember password you could probably try logging on using the email addresses as the username and go from there.
    You'll probably need help from support at some point though. Submit a ticket.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    If you can get into the account by logging in with email+password, send in a ticket like HHG said and they should be able to help you change the email to one you still have access to.

Be aware though that they may ask you for some physical form of ID. There's nothing sinister or suspicious about it, it's to prove that you're who you're claiming to be. I was asked for the same thing some years ago when I had an account issue I needed to badger them about. You can just take a picture of whatever passes for government-issued ID and blank out irrelevant things(such as your home address, height, etc).
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    edited August 2019
    HHG1 wrote: »
    Since you remember password you could probably try logging on using the email addresses as the username and go from there.
    You'll probably need help from support at some point though. Submit a ticket.

It says that the password is incorrect when I'm trying to log in using my old username and password, I don't recall changing it at some point, thats the reason why I opened this thread on the first place
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Logging in via username was disabled a while back. You can only log in using email address and password.
  • DiximaNDiximaN
    edited August 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Logging in via username was disabled a while back. You can only log in using email address and password.

A. I don't recall any of them. I have two possible email addresses but neither of them works
    B. From what I've seen the login system identifies the old username, just says that the password does not match