[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Raising Auction Cap

MeiLingeMeiLinge
Reactions: 970
edited July 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Hello Nexon,

I wanted to give a suggestion of raising the auction slot cap to possibly 20. The current slot cap of 10 is not enough... the results of this is creating a long line of pending items that over encumbers a player's inventory or a player finding other means of getting rid of their items which 1) doesn't stimulate the Maple economy and 2) doesn't go to the hands of another Mapler who may need it. Ultimately, if we raise the cap in the auction house the effects can only be positive and players will see a lot more variety when shopping.

Thanks,
Mei
DaxterbeerdarikWONDERGUY

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited July 2019
    There's a slot increase to 20 tied in with the mvp system. And you know full well they're not going to give everyone something for free that a lot of people are already paying them money for.
  • MeiLingeMeiLinge
    edited July 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    There's a slot increase to 20 tied in with the mvp system. And you know full well they're not going to give everyone something for free that a lot of people are already paying them money for.

I did not know this. Well let's move everyone up by 10 then.
    darik
  • iArrowZiArrowZ
    Reactions: 1,710
    edited July 2019
    so an other thing that should be accessible to all players locked behind a paywall totally not suprised.

But thats no excuse. When we had free market
    The cheapest shop had 18 items. With the bettter one being 24.
    I think at the very least we should have had a comparable number. Give mvps more.

Nexon continues to gimp free to play players out pf things that should not have a paywall.
    And i agree considering how quickly we accumulate items. (And i cant even imagine new players with significantly less slots)
    darikWONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited July 2019
    iArrowZ wrote: »
    so an other thing that should be accessible to all players locked behind a paywall totally not suprised.

But thats no excuse. When we had free market
    The cheapest shop had 18 items. With the bettter one being 24.
    I think at the very least we should have had a comparable number. Give mvps more.

Nexon continues to gimp free to play players out pf things that should not have a paywall.
    And i agree considering how quickly we accumulate items. (And i cant even imagine new players with significantly less slots)

I mean, you can't really accuse them of gimping free-to-play players out of things when everyone can use the auction house. Prior to it, you had to shell out money for nx(or a whopping two days per month via reward points) for a shop permit to sell anything. If anything, it's far better access to selling and buying than what was available previously.
    Fuhreak
  • MeiLingeMeiLinge
    edited August 2019
    Just thought I reiterate this, Now that we are having the 'Maplehood watch' quest available, there is even more of a need to raise the auction cap for everyone.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    It's not going to happen, unfortunately. Why would they ever give everyone something for free that a fairly decent amount of people have no problem spending money month over month for?
    MeiLinge
  • KlaraKlara
    Reactions: 3,385
    edited August 2019
    Or it would be great if auction house expansion slots were sold separately in the cash shop... That's the only thing I have my eye on from MVP.
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Reactions: 6,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Klara wrote: »
    Or it would be great if auction house expansion slots were sold separately in the cash shop... That's the only thing I have my eye on from MVP.

Under the FM:

24 slots for a month = 20k nx

Under auction house:

20 slots for a month = 100k nx

It's no mystery what's going on here.
    darikWONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    JushiroNet wrote: »
    Klara wrote: »

Under the FM:

24 slots for a month = 20k nx

Under auction house:

10 slots permanently = free

It's no mystery what's going on here.

Fixed that for ya, bud. Don't sit there and act like the auction house is such a horrible change when it opened up buying and selling to everyone, regardless of how much, if any, nx they bought. And when I say "buying and selling", I mean "not getting ripped off by peoples' buy tabs". Also, your post completely disregards that the mvp system is more than just double auction house slots.

Here's a more accurate breakdown of your "information":

Free market:
    • Paid: 24 slots 20k nx/mo
    • Free: 24 slots for two days 4800 rp/mp

Auction house:
    • Paid: 20 slots per month, dependent on maintained mvp rank
    • Free: 10 slots per month, no cost

bUT ThE aUCtIOn hOUsE iS BaD
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    What I said is accurate, and I don't want to return to the FM but the maplestory version of an auction house is probably the worst I've seen in any online game.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    It's only accurate if you willfully exclude the fact that ten slots are available without spending anything. That's not accurate, that's disingenuous. Your post makes it sound like they're giving you less while having it cost more when the free option may as well have not even existed prior. Your post goes on to insinuate that the auction house slots are the primary reason for mvp, and not the exp buffs, megaphones and starforce discount.

Is it perfect? No. Did it open up market participation to the entire player base with zero upfront cost? Yes. The fact that you gain an extra ten slots from mvp is a secondary matter at best.
    MeiLinge
  • JushiroNetJushiroNet
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Your post goes on to insinuate that the auction house slots are the primary reason for mvp, and not the exp buffs, megaphones and starforce discount.

If you want to get into this. The extra auction house slots are the only real reason to get silver mvp.

Exp "weather" effect was removed from silver. I guess you can pay 200 or 300 per month to get these from gold and diamond though.
    1.5x coupons are garbage when you can just buy enjoyable winters for next to nothing, or better yet use one of the very plentiful 2x buffs available in game.
    Megaphones? Really people are paying 100/month for a slim chance of some daily megaphones? Ok sure.
    Starforce discount is somewhat nice yes but it stops working at the high starforce where it's actually expensive.
    MeiLingedarik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited August 2019
    The best thing from this suggestion nexon most like is willing to do is remove them from silver and add them back in diamond , suggestion like adding more slots,sellers name and other things that improve AH for maplers are seen and "ignored" while ago....

Ps
    FM compared to current AH its by far better in many ways from socialize to merching...
    There is reason why servers use discord to sell items instead of great auction house
    We had 90days shop sold for reward points and other things
    (Its not that AH cant be made to be better )
    but oh well who cares for that unlikely for change or players to come back anyway...
    MeiLinge
  • MeiLingeMeiLinge
    edited August 2019
    I appreciate everyone's feedback but I think i will take the advice that the auction cap raise will never happen. I don't want to but I will be making a few auction exclusive accounts to sell my plethora of goods.
    WONDERGUY