[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mechanic final damage buff bugged this patch

dude23456dude23456
Reactions: 200
in Bug Reporting
In the 4th job, Support Unit H-EX receives an upgrade to give 10% final damage, and a hyper skill for an additional 5%. +1 passive skills inner ability gives another 1%, for 16% final damage.

Since the most recent patch and maintenance, the skill is providing me absolutely no increase to final damage! I receive the 7% damage from level 31 Robot Mastery (7% damage per robot summoned), but that is all. With some further testing, I was able to discover that party members receive the buff, but the mechanic that places the robot does not. Mechanic already seems to be a class sorely in need of love and some QoL changes, and it's my main character and favourite class. We already face issues like Robo Launcher RM7 turning around and becoming unable to attack enemies if you move too far away from it, the requirement of mashing the Homing Beacon button causing delays in all other attacks which makes it impossible to maintain maximum damage output, and so much else. Without the 15-16% final damage from Support Unit: H-EX, the class becomes even more difficult to justify playing!

Really, I think bringing Mechanic back to a better place would be simple. Fix the bug that prevents us from getting our own 15-16% final damage buff, fix glitchy behaviours with our robots like Robo Launcher RM7, make homing beacon a passive ability like Xenon's missiles (just ensure it doesn't incur a steep damage output reduction!), and make the damage output/vertical range of Heavy Salvo plus better! As it stands, with a few points of increased attack speed, coupled with the 3% damage boost node compared to heavy salvo's 2% damage boost node, it's not difficult at all to make our primary third job attack stronger than our fourth! (And there are so many monsters that jump over Heavy Salvo Plus because of how narrow it is, reducing damage significantly every time they attack! Happy erda, Soulful erda, Wolfruits, and many more)

I know I'm one of very, very few mechanic mains in the game, so lots of this isn't going to matter to many people. I just hope to see this class shine the way I know it can!

Comments

• dude23456dude23456
    Reactions: 200
    edited July 2019
    Apologies for a double post, but I figure I should probably update this with the proper bug reporting format.

Bug type: Skill functionality

Brief bug summary: Support Unit: H-EX should be providing 10 (base) +5 (hyper) +1 (+1 skill inner ability) = 16% final damage to all party members in range, but applies to everyone except the mechanic that placed it

More details: When placed, Support Unit H-EX has a range around it where party members will have 20% base HP recovered every 5 seconds, and receive a 16% final damage buff. As of the time of this post, I can confirm that the heal is applied properly to everyone in the range, but the 16% final damage buff is being applied to party members, and not the mechanic that placed the robot. You receive the 6-7% damage buff from Robot Mastery (for each of the mechanic's 5 placed robots), but the final damage is not applied in any capacity.

Steps to reproduce: Be a mechanic in 4th job or higher, and have the skill Enhanced Support Unity to get 10% final damage from Support Unit: H-EX. Place the support unit, and check stats window to see that you've received Robot Mastery's damage bonus, but not the final damage bonus as intended.

Character name: xXG1ob0Xx

Character level: 222

Character job: Mechanic

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: Friday, July 27th to present
  • GameFaceGameFace
    Reactions: 320
    edited August 2019
    bump this post
  • EnokumoEnokumo
    Reactions: 1,610
    edited August 2019
    It might spazzed out again by not showing the increase but still applying internally. I can also confirm this problem anyway.