[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Getting a weird redirection to unsafe website

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Everytime i go back on my mobile phone a samsung, it redirects me to websites of suspicious security, also for some reason the nexon web isnt safe, not the forums nor the official web, it recommends not to put credit card information on it cuz its susceptible to be stolen, i dont know if i want to buy nx in an unsafe website, please nexon read rhis post and see whats wrong with the website, until its something done i dont want to put my credit card information on the website.

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Are you being redirected to a sus website or do you mean to say that your browser tells you that you may be attempting to connect to one?

If it's the former, someone has some serious goddamned explaining to do, and if it's the latter then it's likely just cautioning you that the site you're connecting to is not secured with https. The two pages that really matter for security, login and buying nx, are secure.

I don't know if this assuages your worries at all.
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for reporting this.
    Nexon is working on it.
    darik
  • darikdarik
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Are you being redirected to a sus website or do you mean to say that your browser tells you that you may be attempting to connect to one?

If it's the former, someone has some serious goddamned explaining to do, and if it's the latter then it's likely just cautioning you that the site you're connecting to is not secured with https. The two pages that really matter for security, login and buying nx, are secure.

I don't know if this assuages your worries at all.

When i press the back key i get redirected to another website which is like congratulations uve won x or to a robot thing and i have to press a few times the back key to go back to the general forums
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Okay yeah that's pretty sus. Hopefully someone on their web team is getting smacked for this one.
    darik
  • HHG1HHG1
    Reactions: 5,986
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    I feel like maybe this is something they should have put out an official notice about. At least on the discord.
    Fuhreakdarik
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    If you have not already, I would seriously suggest getting some kind of adblocker plugin for your browser.
    They can do more than just stop annoying ads from showing up.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Or you can wholly switch browsers. I recommend Brave. It has strong privacy protections and ad blocking built into the browser. It strips out ads and trackers(the little bastards that follow you from site to site) and, as a result, you may find that pages load noticeably faster than they would in, say, chrome.

And yes, that link is to the play store download for the browser. Here's a longer link that may be easier to hit on mobile
    darik
  • darikdarik
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    If you have not already, I would seriously suggest getting some kind of adblocker plugin for your browser.

It only happens while on the phone(samsunng s6 ) , it doesnt happen on computer, can u put an adblock on the phone?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    darik wrote: »

It only happens while on the phone(samsunng s6 ) , it doesnt happen on computer, can u put an adblock on the phone?

I would strongly urge you to make the switch from whatever browser you currently use(assuming the android default of chrome) to the one I suggested. It has ad blocking hard-coded into the browser itself, with no need for anything additional.

To better explain Brave, it's based on Chromium, which is the open-source version of what we all know as Chrome, and as such is not under google's direct control. Brave itself has ad and tracker blocking built directly into the browser. If you know what the ghostery extension does, imagine a browser with that plus a strong ad-blocker hard-coded directly into the browser itself.

On desktop, it even tells you how many ads and trackers it's blocked and how much time you've saved on page loads as a result of this refuse being blocked:
    vUcHRpP.png
    (these stats are from about mid-March of this year to now)
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    darik wrote: »

You can in various ways. Didn't realize it was phone only, just do what @aggraphine says.