[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Got perma banned on my main (kanna)

EmpiursEmpiurs
Reactions: 600
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Couple mintues after I lvled my main (kanna) to 255 I got perma banned
why? I don't see any reason, I'm a legit player never hacked.
If more legit kanna mains got perma banned too let me know.

Comments

• ManahManah
    Reactions: 330
    edited August 2019
    So... I just got falsely banned on my Lv 222 Kanna. Is there a quick way I can retrieve my account or is there some one here that could help me with this issue?

Is bad enough that this class constantly gets disconnected, but it is actually possible to get auto ban without doing anything? I was on youtube when it happened and afking on one of the ludibrium maps.

Ign: Manah
    World: El Nido
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Please submit a ban appeal at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net
    IceSapphirecarmenpop22
  • ManahManah
    edited August 2019
    Sorry about that, please close this thread.
  • lastblade1998lastblade1998
    Reactions: 215
    The same thing happened to me with my Kanna Lv. 206, I was helping to give Kishin and suddenly DC, upon logging in again a notice saying permanent block
    IGN: iKannä
    World: Luna
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    The same thing happened to me with my Kanna Lv. 206, I was helping to give Kishin and suddenly DC, upon logging in again a notice saying permanent block
    IGN: iKannä
    World: Luna
    Pay attention to more than the first post, friend.
    AKradian wrote: »
    Please submit a ban appeal at http://support-maplestory.nexon.net

• ManahManah
    edited August 2019
    In reponse to ticket #855648 Falsely banned my Lv 222 Kanna

I honestly do not know what to do anymore.

I just appealed for my Lv 222 Kanna which was falsely banned for using third party program only to have my ticket closed by GM Sqoups. I was using my Lv 222 Kanna to mule my Mercedes in Unbalanced time, a Lv 119 map. There is no reason for me to hack there with a Lv 222 Kanna, the exp is nearly 70 times lower than what I could gain from Lachelein and Mesos doesn't drop either due to the penalty .

I repeat, there is no reason for me to hack there, I was only there to mule my Mercedes, everything I have done is through hands, there is no third party program involve in this. But yet somehow I was still banned for whatever reason.

This is the response I got and then my ticket closed:

Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

As stated in previous responses, your account has been found in violation of our Terms of Service by manipulating the skill "Kishin Shoukan" on your character "Manah". I understand that you are once again appealing for the sanction to be lifted from your account. However, please know that the decision for this is final and irrevocable. As the previous GM said, our Investigation Team already conducted a series of reviews on this case and it has proven to violate the Terms of Service. You will get the same response from any GM.

Continued contact to appeal the sanction will be considered abuse of the support system and may cause temporary to permanent closure of your privilege to create tickets or open a live chat. I will now be closing this ticket.

Sincerely,

GM Sqoups
    Nexon Player Support

Security Tip: Please do not give your password to anyone for any reason. Nexon Player representatives will NEVER ask you for your password.

Can we actually have a discussion here instead of just you blatantly tell me to **** off? Because this character/account is not created yesterday, the day before or months ago. This character and account was created when Kanna first released. I put years and years of hard work and cash into getting this character to where it is today, I think deserve a fair trial and an actual investigation on my account.

Going back to my second mail response, I ask you guys that what is the single best piece of evidence I can provide you guys to convince you guys that I did not hack? I also asked you guys to do the same, but if you guys are too lazy for any of that, fine, at the very least provide me with the current exp of my Kanna.

Down below is the exp of my Kanna that day before the ranking was updated. If you think I hacked, Calculate the difference between my current exp and my exp down below. This would give you the exp I gained throughout the day. If I did hack on my Kanna, it would only be natural that I be gaining some exp right? Tell me how much exp I have gained for that day.

M5iXs4p.png

@GM Sqoups, Instead of closing my ticket and then threatening to forfeit my right to create ticket, let's have civilized discussion.

But if any of you still refuse to reason with me, in my second mail I have given you guys the ID and Name of my main characters(which I do not wish to name here). Go ahead and ban them as well, since you already banned my so called "hacking" account, you might as well ban it's beneficiary as well. Because I don't see a point in playing a game with a company that is IMPOSSIBLE to reason with.

IceSapphireHuskyDMcarmenpop22
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    There is no one that can help you on the forums. I know this isn't what you want to hear, and I understand that you're upset, but continuing to post about your ban appeal here is a pointless shout into the wind.

This isn't a matter of "we don't want to help you, go away". No one here has the ability to help you. I can't help you, the forum mods can't help you. Even Ghiblee can't help you. The people who read and respond to tickets do not participate on the forums. Any blue-bordered post you see, while yes it's a nexon employee, is just a QA dweeb. He can't help you either, so don't waste effort barking up that tree.
    FuhreakdarikKuronekonovaIceSapphireHuskyDMcarmenpop22
  • ManahManah
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    There is no one that can help you on the forums. I know this isn't what you want to hear, but continuing to post about your ban appeal here is a pointless shout into the wind.

I'll say it again, there is no one, not one single person, who actively involves themselves with this forum that can help you in any way with this issue beyond encouraging you to contact support.

I know that is almost certainly the case. But this is the only option I am left it, I am not ready to take another shot with the ticketing system only to receive yet another generic copy and pasted reply and have my ability to create ticket stripped as well.

But I do hope that I am not the only one going through this, and maybe with enough players suffering from the same problem, they would take this issue more seriously.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    The only thing that's going to come of this thread is a mod locking it and directing you to the support page.
    Fuhreakcarmenpop22
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    As Aggraphine said, no-one on these forums has the power to do anything about your account.
    You need to ask Customer Support to have your appeal looked at by a Senior GM.
    It can take a long time, since the Senior GMs have a long queue of appeals waiting for them, but it seems the only way to get false bans lifted.
    I'm sorry.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited August 2019
    I'm curious if they told you exactly what violation you committed and/or how it was committed. I mean, what exactly does manipulating the skill "Kishin Shoukan" mean? Was the violation committed by pressing the button too often or holding it down? Was it committed by them receiving a network packet with erroneous/suspicious information? I don't understand what they mean here. I'm mostly curious what they mean by "manipulating" in this sentence, especially since they've already concluded you're guilty, given the phrasing "it has proven to violate the Terms of Service". What was proved? How?

Clearly there's nothing you can do, I'm just curious from a "I use my kanna as a kish mule for my alts too and don't want to do something that could be construed as a violation, such as holding the button down too long or something stupid like that"
    HuskyDMcarmenpop22
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2019
    Not only can nobody help you, but it's easy enough to manipulate screenshots like that, so that's not really proof.
    fBqUbFU.png
    The best thing you can do is setup a video replay capture using NVidia Shadowplay, OBS, or something similar.
    Video is much harder to fake than screenshots.

False bans do happen, but so does people calling a true ban false as well. In the end, it is up to Nexon to decide if you stay banned or not.
    I would also like to point out that even if you break absolutely no rules, Nexon still has the right to ban you for literally anything.
    The best thing you can do is to keep your head down and don't give them any reason to get yourself banned.
    If you do find yourself banned, be calm and collected about it, provide as much evidence as possible that you can to prove you didn't break set rules.
    Above all else, just because you know you didn't hack, do NOT spam tickets. You just end up pissing off support and getting all doors closed forever.
  • ManahManah
    edited August 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Not only can nobody help you, but it's easy enough to manipulate screenshots like that, so that's not really proof.
    The best thing you can do is setup a video replay capture using NVidia Shadowplay, OBS, or something similar.
    Video is much harder to fake than screenshots.

False bans do happen, but so does people calling a true ban false as well. In the end, it is up to Nexon to decide if you stay banned or not.
    I would also like to point out that even if you break absolutely no rules, Nexon still has the right to ban you for literally anything.
    The best thing you can do is to keep your head down and don't give them any reason to get yourself banned.
    If you do find yourself banned, be calm and collected about it, provide as much evidence as possible that you can to prove you didn't break set rules.
    Above all else, just because you know you didn't hack, do NOT spam tickets. You just end up pissing off support and getting all doors closed forever.

Thankfully I also prepared this.

4gZOz0m.png

Will responsd to StarryKnight later, but that is actually a good catch. I bolded that part for a reason. And no, I did not hold it down or anything. I might have just tap it gently, but if I remember correctly I was checking my cell when it happened.
  • ManahManah
    edited August 2019
    Got hit again.

Now even my main has been banned. I didn't even hit a key this time. As soon as my Kishin expired, I was banned.

bukIvhV.jpg

Kanna name: AkitoEgoist.
    Banned location: Lost time

Obviously, there is something wrong here. This character doesn't even have enough star force to hurt mobs in Lost Time. If anyone still have doubt in me, go ahead and try muling your character in Ludibrium. It happened to me in Lost Time and Unbalanced Time.

This time, I am muling my Bowman.
  • UndetectedUndetected
    Reactions: 960
    edited August 2019
    Yossi is legit
    Free WillOfKishin!
  • EmpiursEmpiurs
    Reactions: 600
    edited August 2019
    btw WillOfKishin is my kanna main ign
    Btw I sent a ticket before.
  • darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited August 2019
    Saying that u got perma banned on maplestpry forums doesnt fix anything at all, so whats ur goal by doing it? O.o
  • ManahManah
    edited August 2019
    Btw, you are not the only person. I got not 1 but 2 of my account banned the same way. One of them is my mule Kanna, the other was the Kanna in my main account.

http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/25649/kanna-false-ban-in-reponse-to-ticket-855648

In my case, I wasn't even hitting any mobs, I was banned. In Unbalanced Time and Lost Time Ludibrium.

One thing I don't understand is what they meant by "skill manipulation". Why can't they just say "hacking"? Did you get the same message I got in the last picture I posted in my thread>
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    None of this is going to help any of you get unbanned. I don't know why you think making a public spectacle of your issue where no support staff involve themselves will help you
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    "I didn't get anywhere posting about my ban on the forums before, let me try again now that I've gotten banned on another account. It's sure to work this time!"

iGPftsf.png

It does nothing to complain about your ban on the forums. It doesn't get your ticket special attention, it doesn't get you insta-unbanned, and it doesn't get support staff to reply to your ticket any faster(they have a queue, any ticketing system does).

I do feel, however, that support is far too quick, almost eager it feels, to jump right to the "if you keep sending tickets we will consider it abuse and block you from contacting us" response. You'd think there would be some kind of leeway given to the fact that when people are contacting them about account bans, they may not be anything resembling happy about it.
    FuhreakIceSapphirecarmenpop22