[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Mesos Cap 99B

BBQTimeBBQTime
Reactions: 1,080
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Hello.

The economy in GMS is bad because we have a lot of botters, thus 30bil is not enough, we should increase it to 100b (99,999,999,999).

In KMS, their economy is doing really really good and yet their max mesos is 30bil, they don't even need 30bil as max mesos, so how come KMS and GMS have the same max mesos? it doesn't make any sense, thus I think we should have a max mesos of 100bil.

By having 100b as max mesos, you just have no idea how helpful it would be to so many people (including those that do not have 100b)

Richers could make trades more safely and hence the Auction House will be full with even more equips, and hence the middle class and poor people would enjoy a drop in prices.
The more stuff you have in Auction House (especially the same item) the cheaper it will be, and so everyone benefits.
Alantinoanubis42Kuronekonova
  1. Increase Max Mesos to 100B?20 votes
    1. Yes
       70% (14 votes)
    2. No, because...
       30% (6 votes)

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    "Hello the economy is bad, I would like to make it three times worse." Again.

Had you come here with this suggestions three years ago, before the meso cap was increased from 10 to 30 billion, you would've been laughed at, hard, for suggesting that increasing the meso cap by fully 10x was somehow a good thing. You know about inflation, yes? Simply letting people hold more money, as well as selling things for more money, is not going to magically fix everything. It's just going to take all the current problems you perceive and triple them.

Also, bots are not making things cost more, that right there is an idiotic assertion. If anything, their existence causes things to remain at low prices.

Having taken the time to actually read through your post, I'd like to pick apart a very specific point.
    In KMS, their economy is doing really really good and yet their max mesos is 30bil, they don't even need 30bil as max mesos, so how come KMS and GMS have the same max mesos? it doesn't make any sense, thus I think we should have a max mesos of 100bil.

This one segment makes me think negative things about you. I won't share them, but I'll explain why:

In Korea, they have effectively no bots at all. Not so over here. The biggest problem facing gms is the fact that gold-selling sites exist. The sites serve a multitude of different games, maplestory among them. They sit in towns, sometimes five or six bots, each with a different url, spamming away until someone comes through to sweep up the trash. Those are just the ones in towns. The ones out in field maps are the ones gathering mesos, which some players then buy from them through these sites.

I say all of that to then say this: gms mesos are, compared to kms mesos, worth significantly less. More than tripling the current meso limit in both auction house and inventory is going to have absolutely no effect beyond taking the currently-existing issues in server economies and make them over three times worse than they currently are.

I'm utterly stumped as to how you came to the conclusion that an inventory cap of a hundred billion mesos will somehow help the people who don't have even a fifth of that to their name. They raised the damage cap from 50 million to 10 billion, but none of my characters saw any benefit to the increased cap. All it did was take what once would've been capping damage and make it low output. I currently do nearly double the old damage cap, but I'm still comparatively just as weak as I was before they ever mucked with it.
    Kuronekonova
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    while this idea would reduce number of my characters locked to storing items i say no
    i mean all it does long run is devalue mesos and inflate price of items

and that heavily impacts new players (seen it happen in other games)

example is old meso cap people wanted like 5b~10b for some items needing a good 2~3 trades or unstable item offers
    after the meso cap change... people still wanted 2+x max meso for some items (where before they were buyable for 5b~10b)

just makes the situation worse market wise
    Kuronekonova
  • AlantinoAlantino
    Reactions: 990
    edited August 2019
    Yes, it'd be a really good idea and useful.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Alantino wrote: »
    Yes, it'd be a really good idea and useful.

Except that it wouldn't. It might feel like everything is fine or better but give it about six months and the present-day problems would just be three times worse.
    Kuronekonova
  • TwilightHimeTwilightHime
    Reactions: 1,245
    edited August 2019
    When the new patch came out couple months ago and bots were taken out for a week or so, the price of all sorts of goods actually went up. Spell traces, spell essences, cubic blades, item crystals, and so on.

Then when bots came back, things started going back down. Would you consider this a bad economy? Should everything be ridiculously priced that the only option is to spend money on black and red cubes?

Why is it necessary to increase the meso cap though? Because the economy is bad? Why is it bad?
    Is it because players on average have more meso? Or is it inconvenient for botters to have such a low meso cap?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    When the new patch came out couple months ago and bots were taken out for a week or so, the price of all sorts of goods actually went up. Spell traces, spell essences, cubic blades, item crystals, and so on.

Then when bots came back, things started going back down.

Funny, isn't it? Everyone enjoys cheap things. Cheap clean slates, cheap spell traces, cheap innocence and epic pot scrolls. Hell, even cheap nodestones. But those nice, low prices are reliant on the bots that supply the market.

What the guy who posted this thread doesn't seem to realize, however, is that if you try to solve people not having enough money by allowing them to hold more money, you crash the value of it. When the value of your money crashes, it starts taking more and more of it to equal a previous amount. Just look at Venezuela if you want a good example. With a 100 billion meso cap, 3 billion might become 30, and then we're right back where we started.
  • supderbillysupderbilly
    Reactions: 100
    Aggraphine wrote: »

Then when bots came back, things started going back down.

Funny, isn't it? Everyone enjoys cheap things. Cheap clean slates, cheap spell traces, cheap innocence and epic pot scrolls. Hell, even cheap nodestones. But those nice, low prices are reliant on the bots that supply the market.

What the guy who posted this thread doesn't seem to realize, however, is that if you try to solve people not having enough money by allowing them to hold more money, you crash the value of it. When the value of your money crashes, it starts taking more and more of it to equal a previous amount. Just look at Venezuela if you want a good example. With a 100 billion meso cap, 3 billion might become 30, and then we're right back where we started.

Agree, so the easy way to lower prices is to increase drop rate or decrease the grind difficulty of expensive items. There are many ways of doing this ie, sweetwater they can have bosses drop exchange token at high rate and collect maybe 10, you can exchange it for the piece you want, but these kinds of pieces will be untradable to force people explorer the commerci content. Trade vessel is single person only anyways, so this wont destroy party bossing fun. They can also increase the number of times you can fight bosses per day, or change it to number of clearing bosses per day. So if my friend and I fight pink bean for the first time and died, we can try again not wait for next day. I mean, this is not real life, so there are many ways to control this high price issues, but increase mesos cap is not one of them. Finally, I just think Nexon does not care about this game anymore, everything they are doing and the mechanic they have in game is to milk as much as they can.