[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Equipment Suggestions [Video Attached]

ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
Reactions: 650
edited August 2019 in General Chat
Any suggestions on what I should be pursuing would be much appreciated.

Unbuffed Range: 435k
Buffed Range: 539k

https://streamable.com/h4dcx

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2019
    Got about nine seconds in and I can tell you right now your equipment is, while not as bad as others I've seen, a right mess. I'll go over things as I see them come up, or whenever something pops into my head.

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance, up here above everything. I don't know how new to this game you are or aren't, so I'm wording everything under the assumption that you're fairly new to the game and, accordingly, you know jack squat.

Now then, to the fun!
    • First off, do you do gollux daily? If yes, good keep doing that. Superior ring and earring from the coin shop are your priorities for that boss. Would advise you look or ask around for hellux carries and pray you get the belt and pendant to drop.
    • Your pocket item, I would recommend(read: strongly urge) that you replace it with a pink holy cup, you should be able to handle pink bean by yourself, just have to hope for a decently-flamed one to drop. Ideally you want a combination of flat luk, %allstat and weapon attack. Any 2/3 combination will suffice, however.
    • Totems are fine, nothing much you can really do for that until dark lords of darkness comes back around.
      • An argument could be made here for the yu garden totems, but from other peoples' experiences, one of the three seems to have a frustratingly-low drop rate compared to the other two and on top of that they're temporary, expiring after 30 days
    • Eye and face accessory can be replaced with sweetwater(I explained it, I feel, rather well a few months ago), but until you get to that point you might want to get some potential on your current ones
      • Just ignore the bits about scrolls
    • Overall, you'll want to focus on getting potential on gear that doesn't have it, and getting to epic tier and at least one relevant line(%luk for stat, att/boss damage/defense ignore for weapon/secondary/emblem)
    • Throw some more craftsman cubes at that shoe and get at least one line of luk, don't put too much effort into it though, you'll eventually want to replace it with absolab
    • You'll want to replace that shoulder with absolab at some point as well.
    • On the whole, you'll want to get an absolab shoe, glove, cape, shoulder and hat/weapon(one or the other, not both) eventually.
      • You can get absolab equipment from a combination of scrapyard and dark world tree. Both areas have weekly quests, as well as a boss that drops a required item. Once you have the items from the weekly quests and the boss drop, you can trade those at an npc for coins. It's a bit of an involved process, but on reboot it's all you've got. I'm unsure if hard lotus/damien directly drop absolab equips or not.
    • Get some potential on that emblem at your earliest chance(also jesus christ that login alert was loud as balls)
    • Badge is literally straight-up garbage. Do magnus, preferably normal because easy's drop rate is awful, drops a better badge; unfortunately that's the best you can get, no potential to be had either. I have feelings about this situation that I will not share here
    • Only thing you really ought to get from the monster park coin shop are red, green and(optional) gold potions. They, repsectively, give 30 attack, +1 attack speed stage(like an extra booster) and 10% exp + 5k hp
    • Do masteria through time, should be in your light bulb under "lost hero's call" or something to that effect. Gets you an android, a fugly chair, and this medal
    • Cube your claw for att%, no %stat on weapon, secondary or emblem ever.
    • Replace that silver cross ring oh my god. Do gollux until you can get a superior ring and please, for the love of all that's pure, replace that silver cross ring.
    • Codex set, you'll want to aim for the leafre set, requires you to do the dragon rider party quest, which people will usually be up for helping with. Set effect gives 30% defense ignore and something else inconsequential

That's just on your gear.

You didn't show them, but I'll touch on nodes since you appear to be a fresh 200. I won't go into extreme detail about nodes themselves since a lot is just kind of apparent.

So, for starters, colors you'll see in your v matrix:
    • Grey nodestone: boost node(costs 70 node shards to craft)
      • Gives a damage boost to three random skills(2% per level for 4th job skills), boost effect goes up to level 50
    • Blue nodestone: skill node(costs 140 node shards to craft)
      • Active skills, either exclusive to your class, common to your class's archetype(thief in your case) or globally common(decent skills, such as decent sharp eyes, speed infusion, etc)
    • Purple nodestone: special node(costs 250 node shards to craft)
      • I can't really explain this as easily or with as much detail as the last two, because I've never had a reason to use them, but first and foremost they're temporary. Beyond that, there are several different types, each with different activation triggers and bonuses given. You can look at all of them on the last page of the node crafting UI

Okay so now that that's out of the way. More starters! But only like one more thing. All nodestones are hard-capped at level 25. They will go no higher than 25 per nodestone. Because of this, you will need two different nodestones, in two different configurations that I'll explain in a moment, for your primary boost nodes. Now, when I say "two different configurations", all that really matters is that the first slot be a different skill on the two of them. As a night lord, you want two nodes with two different combinations of quad star/showdown/assassin's mark. When you look at a boost node, you see a part of the icon for the three different skills it provides a boost to, they're separated by what looks like a Y. The skill shown on the bottom left is considered the primary skill for purposes of duplicate nodes. And again, you can have any combination of the aforementioned three skills, so long as you have two boost nodes with those three skills only in two different configurations.

Final note, matrix points.
    • You'll see a button on your v matrix, something like "slot enhance" or whatever. You get one matrix point per level starting at 201, so given that you're 203 you will have gotten three points. What these points do is give a maximum bonus of +5 levels to a slot(you can assign them to any slot you want as long as it's actually available), meaning any nodestone you equip into that slot will gain up to five extra levels. This can surpass the nodestone hard cap of 25, allowing you to get a level 30 effect from a level 25 nodestone. Which, yes, means that your eventual level 25 nodes will give you a level 30 effect when placed into a +5 slot.

Okay, I'm pretty sure that's everything I can think of for the moment. If anything I said wasn't clear(which is bound to happen because I ramble), feel free to let me know.

Edit: added a note about totems as well as how and where to get absolab gear
    ThrowThatTea
  • wthNoIDwthNoID
    Reactions: 970
    edited August 2019
    cant help but notice you have 2 pendents

you can get nice range boost by maximizing your set effects
    superior gollux set (2x pendent) so you can use another belt
    tyrant cape/gloves/boots/belt as pretty much no matter how you go about them they add huge range up

and from looks of it its reboot server
    so carries for tyrant are rare but shouldn't be that hard to find alternatively you could go for the lower tier of superior gear for a nice boost (superior gollux carries are nice to)

as for rest of rings farm gollux tokens with last daily entry the kill and literally scroll tiers of rings going from highest to lowest

badge i want to say ghost ship exorcist (but as we cant get thos anymore no clue...

but yea strongly recommend trying your hand at having someone carrie you for superior gollux items and tyrant
    or trying your hand at easy magnus for the other superior gear
    ThrowThatTea
  • KuronekonovaKuronekonova
    Reactions: 795
    edited August 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    [*]Totems are fine, nothing much you can really do for that until dark lords of darkness comes back around.
    • An argument could be made here for the yu garden totems, but from other peoples' experiences, one of the three seems to have a frustratingly-low drop rate compared to the other two and on top of that they're temporary, expiring after 30 days
    you can do the afterlands questline to get 4 permanent free totems with good stats.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    [*]Totems are fine, nothing much you can really do for that until dark lords of darkness comes back around.
    you can do the afterlands questline to get 4 permanent free totems with good stats.

Had you watched his video, you would see that he has them.
    Xah4et0.png

There's no point or purpose in telling someone how they can get something that they already have.
  • ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
    edited August 2019
    Thank you for your long and thoughtful response.
    Couple follow up inquiries:
    [*]Eye and face accessory can be replaced with sweetwater(I explained it, I feel, rather well a few months ago), but until you get to that point you might want to get some potential on your current ones
    • Just ignore the bits about scrolls
    [*]Overall, you'll want to focus on getting potential on gear that doesn't have it, and getting to epic tier and at least one relevant line(%luk for stat, att/boss damage/defense ignore for weapon/secondary/emblem)

How do I get better access to potential scrolls? I know there are the ones provided by MuLung Dojo, but takes quite a bit of points to get one.
    I heard there was a questline that unlocks potential scrolls for sale; do you happen to know which questline that is?

Also, bonus potential? How do I get in on that action?
    [*]Throw some more craftsman cubes at that shoe and get at least one line of luk, don't put too much effort into it though, you'll eventually want to replace it with absolab

Is there a consistent way to get these cubes?

[*]Replace that silver cross ring oh my god. Do gollux until you can get a superior ring and please, for the love of all that's pure, replace that silver cross ring.

I knew that'd be a trigger point; lmao. I have 150 gollux coins, so after I do him today I will replace that ring with a superior.

Okay so now that that's out of the way. More starters! But only like one more thing. All nodestones are hard-capped at level 25. They will go no higher than 25 per nodestone. Because of this, you will need two different nodestones, in two different configurations that I'll explain in a moment, for your primary boost nodes. Now, when I say "two different configurations", all that really matters is that the first slot be a different skill on the two of them. As a night lord, you want two nodes with two different combinations of quad star/showdown/assassin's mark. When you look at a boost node, you see a part of the icon for the three different skills it provides a boost to, they're separated by what looks like a Y. The skill shown on the bottom left is considered the primary skill for purposes of duplicate nodes. And again, you can have any combination of the aforementioned three skills, so long as you have two boost nodes with those three skills only in two different configurations.

Final note, matrix points.
    • You'll see a button on your v matrix, something like "slot enhance" or whatever. You get one matrix point per level starting at 201, so given that you're 203 you will have gotten three points. What these points do is give a maximum bonus of +5 levels to a slot(you can assign them to any slot you want as long as it's actually available), meaning any nodestone you equip into that slot will gain up to five extra levels. This can surpass the nodestone hard cap of 25, allowing you to get a level 30 effect from a level 25 nodestone. Which, yes, means that your eventual level 25 nodes will give you a level 30 effect when placed into a +5 slot.

Thank you for info on the nodes! It seems really difficult to find any up to date info. One issue I'm having is that I can't seem to figure out how to switch nodes out. For example, I have the 4 nodes on top "active". How do I replace one of these 4 active nodes with another one?
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    How do I get better access to potential scrolls? I know there are the ones provided by MuLung Dojo, but takes quite a bit of points to get one.
    I heard there was a questline that unlocks potential scrolls for sale; do you happen to know which questline that is?
    • The questline you're thinking of is likely yu garden. You know that red portal in six path crossway? Go through there and go to the right. It's nothing major, but amounts to another set of dailies to do. Shop has a rotating stock and is only available at a certain time of day that, for the life of me, I can't remember.
    • Legion coin shop gives three 50% scrolls per week
    • Elite boss boxes can give them as well
    • Event shops, of course
    • Possibly monster collection exploration rewards from certain tiers of box

There may be more than this, but this is all I can think of off the top of my head.
    Also, bonus potential? How do I get in on that action?

Bonus potential does not exist on reboot. So while you're losing out on some extra stats, you're also being saved basically having to go through the whole "cubing an item" process twice per item.
    Is there a consistent way to get these cubes?

You're on reboot, you can buy craftsman cubes(and silver potential stamps) from the potion shop in most towns.
    I knew that'd be a trigger point; lmao. I have 150 gollux coins, so after I do him today I will replace that ring with a superior.

Good to hear. Just remember that it's one buy per character. And you're on reboot, so if you blow that ring up or in any way lose it, you're screwed. Yes it's stupid, yes people have been making a stink about it since reboot day one(December 2015), no nexon hasn't decided to do anything about it.
    Thank you for info on the nodes! It seems really difficult to find any up to date info. One issue I'm having is that I can't seem to figure out how to switch nodes out. For example, I have the 4 nodes on top "active". How do I replace one of these 4 active nodes with another one?

Sounds like maybe you were trying to do it through the node master npc's UI? What you actually do is open your skill window, go all the way to the last tab(marked as V), click the big blue "v matrix" button at the top. From here you can double click nodes to equip or remove them, as well as unlock up to two extra slots with mesos and distribute matrix points as I mentioned in my other post.

To explain the two slots thing in case you don't know. I'm going to assume you're at 205 by now. You unlock a new nodestone slot every five levels, so your next two will be at 210 and 215. You also have the choice to spend mesos to unlock the next two nodestone slots from wherever you are. So if you're at 205, you can pay to unlock the 210 and 215 slots, and once you hit 210 you'll still have the 215 slot unlocked but you'll also be able to unlock your 220 slot. And so on and so forth.

Another point on nodes, your ideal boost node is, as I said, any two configurations of quad star, showdown and assassin's mark. Past that, it's up to your own discretion. You'll want your three job-specific skills to be sure, but you may also want last resort at some point(Has two stages, press the skill key again while the buff is active to hit stage 2, tooltip can explain better). Alongside that, I would recommend decent sharp eyes and decent speed infusion for, respectively, 10% crit rate/8% crit damage and an extra attack speed boost(I believe it's one attack speed level, same as green monster park potion). There's also decent holy symbol which, at its base level, gives an extra 20% exp and I think like 10% drop rate. You may also want shadow walker for another source of burst damage at some point too. Don't bother with venom burst, it's not worth it.
    ThrowThatTea
  • CrescCresc
    Reactions: 535
    edited August 2019

https://imgur.com/FZZO0r2

skill tab -> 5th job tab -> v matrix
    ThrowThatTea
  • ThrowThatTeaThrowThatTea
    edited August 2019
    [*]Codex set, you'll want to aim for the leafre set, requires you to do the dragon rider party quest, which people will usually be up for helping with. Set effect gives 30% defense ignore and something else inconsequential

So I went and grabbed all the cards except for these last 2. I see something about doing a PQ (as you alluded to) in order to get these last cards.
    Do I need to be able to get into that portal to do the PQ? If so, how do I get to it?
    I figure the Soaring Skill is required here; and while I've paid 50 mill mesos for it, I don't actually have the skill. What do I need to do next in this situation? The goal is to complete the Leafre Set.

https://postimg.cc/p9WVRnC4
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited August 2019
    Well for starts, it's a party quest, you'll have to find three others to go with you. Should be no problem given you're in a guild+alliance. I'm not sure about the 50 million you paid for something, it's been an age since I did the prequests last. They start at chief tatamo with "the dragon rider's identity 1", going into "the dragon rider's identity 2", followed by "towards the sky 1" and "towards the sky 2". For towards the sky 2, you'll need dragon moss extract from chief tatamo, which you can get by talking to him and selecting the lower option. That should get you the proper soaring skill needed to enter and clear the whole thing.
    ThrowThatTea