[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Fox spirits skill for shade doesnt work properly.

darikdarik
Reactions: 3,270
edited January 2017 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Functionality
Description: Since i made the Shade character in the first burning event in december, when i toggle ON Fox Spirits and then use other skills such as Spirit Incarnation or Spirit Frenzy, the moment the first orb from the Fox spirit appear, the skill(spirit incarnation or Spirit Frenzy) stop doing any damage at all.
Furthermore, if u have +1 att speed on inner ability and use speed infusion or monster park extreme green potion, when u have Fox Spirit ON and you attack either with Spirit Claw or Bomb Punch( havent tried with other skills) you get slowed down when the orbs appear, its the same feeling as wen you get stunned, this issue lowers our DPS a lot against bosses or while training and its also very annoying and frustrating.

Steps to reproduce:
1.Toggle on Fox Spirits.
2. Use spirit incarnation
3.The moment the first orb appear u will stop dealing damage.
(same with spirit Frenzy)

For the slow down bug:
1.Have +1 attack speed inner ability and speed infusion( i dont know if this problem also appears when u dont have this speed buffs)
2.Toggle ON Fox Spirits
3. Use multiple times Spirit Claw or Bomb Punch and you will notice that u get slowed down or its the same feeling as being stunned when some orbs appear in comparisson to when you arent using Fox Spirits, where u attack faster( it doesnt happen always you will have to try a few times )
Character name: Rakein
Character level: 211
Character job: Shade
World name: Bera
Date and time of the incident: I dont know exactly but around the 15th of December of 2016 i started to notice it.
Im looking forward to a solution.
Thank you,
Mapler.
MastahiroHayaate

Comments

• cypher111cypher111
    Reactions: 510
    edited March 2018
    Bump. Still an issue.
    Hayaate
  • JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited April 2019
    Bump. Still an issue. 2017, 2018, now 2019.
    Hayaate
  • darikdarik
    edited August 2019
    it doesnt work for spirit frenzy either, i think they fixed it for incarnation though.
    Hayaate
  • MastahiroMastahiro
    Reactions: 1,370
    edited August 2019
    Still an issue. I was thinking about making a post about this myself, good thing someone bumped this.

Also, it seems to be more of an issue with higher ping too.
    darik
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Member, Private Tester
    edited September 2019
    I'm sorry but I thought this glitch has been fixed, but not completely. It's fixed for spirit incarnation, but NOT SPIRIT FRENZY. Can this 3+ year glitch be forwarded to nexon already?

With the recent kmst changes, Spirit frenzy is going to be the core dpm for shade's burst, so please forward it to nexon.
    darik
  • HayaateHayaate
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2019
    Yeah this bug has been fixed for Spirit Incarnation but having Fox spirits ON and using Spirit Frenzy completly stops the dps of the skill (Spirit Frenzy) Also Spirit frenzy is arleady stronger than spirit claw (as a burst skill, when using it with moonbeams frenzy) and with the more buffs coming our way from KMST it's gonna be even better. I hope Nexon decides to finally fix this bug please..... it's been too long.
    darik
  • NoxearringNoxearring
    Reactions: 310
    edited September 2019
    XAXXAXXAXAXAXA gl shades... this hasnt been properly fixed in almost 3 years. Keep waiting :)
  • HayaateHayaate
    Reactions: 770
    edited September 2019
    I'll try to describe the bugg and how to reproduce it. (Make SURE u test this on a BOSS/MOB because testing this on a dummy is pointless, since the battle analysis Is bugged aswell and it SHOWS the Spirit Frenzy dmg but obviously the dmg is not there)

1. Toggle ON the Fox Spirits skill.
    2. Use Spirit Bond Max skill.
    3. Hit mob with anything once just to trigger Moonbeams Spirit Frenzy (from The Spirit Bond Max skill)
    4. Here u have small window of few seconds to use YOUR Spirit Frenzy skill.
    5. Use Spirit Frenzy Skill
    6. Voila you do no dmg!
    7. You can repeat the process WITHOUT toggling ON the Fox Spirits skill and you will be able to see that U infact do a lot of dmg without Fox Spirits ON.

From what I can see is that Fox Spirits dmg is canceling out the Spirit Frenzy dmg.

Worth mentioning that u can skip step 2-4 And just test it without the Spirit bond max skill. The results will be the same...

This bugg can be reproduced 100% of the time. I hope this will help Nexon !
    Highhorserydarik
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm, there's a fox fire change, maybe copying and pasting that kms change will somehow fix this glitch? I mean when was the last time fox fire even gotten a change, so here's hoping!
    darik
  • darikdarik
    edited October 2019
    Hmmm, there's a fox fire change, maybe copying and pasting that kms change will somehow fix this glitch? I mean when was the last time fox fire even gotten a change, so here's hoping!

lets pray the fox spirit, to think that i wrote this post freaking 2 years ago and still isnt fixed .... ffs its so fking frustrating to deal with this company.
    Seriously i stoppped spending money on nx some time ago, im just tired of their BS
  • HighhorseryHighhorsery
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    OKay i think they fixed fox fire, but I think frenzy itself is now bugged. I tried w/o fox fire on and half the time frenzy's damage won't register. Not sure if it's because of lag or what.
    darik