[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Color skins for abilities for all chars.

xiSpyderxiSpyder
Reactions: 510
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
There are many people that don't play some characters just because their colors of most of the abilities for example Angelic Buster which many more players would play her if most of her abilities weren't pink or if someone doesn't like green then he would avoid Wind Archer because most of his attacks are green, i suggest to add a skin coupon for abilities for mesos or NX so people can have more freedom to play the character they like.
GenkaiX1

Comments

• PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2019
    I mean...that's not the first reason I would think of to play a character because of a skill color. While there was in EMS a Mercedes Skill "skin" at one point, it has never come to GMS. I also don't think it would be viable when you consider there are 40+ classes in Maple, which means they would have to make Hundreds of animation re-skins (consider that some classes have multiple versions of a single skill, such as Xenon and Pathfinder). It doesn't feel worthwhile for something so...superficial?
    Fuhreak
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Most people that play the game end up turning the opacity of skills down anyway so they can actually see what they're doing.
    This is a pointless waste of Nexon's time and just more stuff to bog down the client.

Just use damage skins if you want to show off your style.
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    xiSpyder wrote: »
    There are many people that don't play some characters just because their colors of most of the abilities for example Angelic Buster which many more players would play her if most of her abilities weren't pink or if someone doesn't like green then he would avoid Wind Archer because most of his attacks are green, i suggest to add a skin coupon for abilities for mesos or NX so people can have more freedom to play the character they like.

Its not a bad idea but needs a better reason than "people won't play because of the color". I for one love that Angelic Buster's skills are pink because it makes sense with the character she is.
    With some characters it would be easy, like Jett having a Zen skill skin, or Kaiser changing his slashes color, but for others it could get confusing, distracting or useless.
    GenkaiX1
  • GenkaiX1GenkaiX1
    Reactions: 840
    edited October 2019
    I agree