[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Auction House Search CD

YinYangXYinYangX
Reactions: 3,995
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
So this patch (v.208) added a 5s cd on searching in AH (without mention in the patch notes). Explanation, please and thank you? I get that if the AH was spammed with searching that could cause like lag problem or something, but otherwise I see no benefit or reason, since I don't think anyone would be spamming the AH search in the first place. I find it really annoying because I do quick search on a list of items using unique 3-5 letters just to check the lowest price.

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019
    I read on reddit that hackers used to abuse AH with a hack to sell their items for the lowest price so i guess this slows them down a bit and makes it more annoying to them, but sadly also to legit players
    YinYangX
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    darik wrote: »
    I read on reddit that hackers used to abuse AH with a hack to sell their items for the lowest price so i guess this slows them down a bit and makes it more annoying to them, but sadly also to legit players

Ah, I guess when it's put that way, it makes sense, kind of like the recent 24h deletion cd. Thank you for that input.
  • Dnaman101Dnaman101
    Reactions: 2,025
    edited October 2019
    YinYangX wrote: »
    darik wrote: »

Ah, I guess when it's put that way, it makes sense, kind of like the recent 24h deletion cd. Thank you for that input.

off topic but about what you said...i don't really see a reason why there has be a 24h deletion cd on low lvl characters.
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Dnaman101 wrote: »
    off topic but about what you said...i don't really see a reason why there has be a 24h deletion cd on low lvl characters.

http://maplestory.nexon.net/news/53118/maple-memo-v208-status-update-september-27

"Currently, we’re battling with illicit accounts that are repeatedly deleting and creating a massive number of characters after getting banned by our detection."

There's the reason, whether it's actually effective, idk.