[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Can't preview Cash Inventory items

XenomataXenomata
Reactions: 2,595
Member, Private Tester
edited October 2019 in Bug Reporting
Bug type: Cannot preview Cash Inventory equipment on my character

Brief bug summary:When I go to press the Eye icon that lets you preview an item on your character, I instead get the message "That item cannot be worn" on some items. Not all of them.

More details: I can't find any pattern. Some items I just can't preview, even though my character is perfectly capable of wearing them.

Steps to reproduce: In the new Cash Shop, preview CS equips on your character.

Character name: Savail

Character level: 222

Character job: Bishop (Explorer Magician)

World name: Reboot

Date and time of the incident: 2:50 pm, 10/2/2019

Comments

• AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Please try to list examples of items you cannot preview.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    I think I know the pattern. This issue only happened when I tried to preview items with charm still on the equipment, even though I've already worn them before. I have lv100 charm so it doesn't go away unless I take it out and wear the items on another character.

edit: I'm 100% sure this is what's happening after testing my charmless/charm on equipment in CS.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Cybunny wrote: »
    I think I know the pattern. This issue only happened when I tried to preview items with charm still on the equipment, even though I've already worn them before. I have lv100 charm so it doesn't go away unless I take it out and wear the items on another character.

edit: I'm 100% sure this is what's happening after testing my charmless/charm on equipment in CS.

I haven't been able to reproduce this.
    I can try on everything in my cash inventory, whether it has charm or not.
  • XenomataXenomata
    Reactions: 2,595
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    Please try to list examples of items you cannot preview.

>Penguin Hood (Male): Still had Charm bonus.
    >Lilac Mini Hairpin: No charm bonus
    >Misty Fantasia: no charm bonus
    >Tennis Weapon: Charm bonus
    >Lumin Wings: Charm bonus
    >Peach Camellia Kimono charm bonus
    >Falling Darkness Cape (F): no charm bonus
    >Burning Desire: charm bonus
    >Antagonist Face: charm bonus

...I found a pattern. Everything I've tested and couldn't preview, including items not listed above, are items that came out of the Premium Surprise Style Box specifically. Because I also tried it on items that came from the Black Mage style box from the adventure boxes a few months back, and they were previewable, as were items that came from the Avatar style boxes from Maplehood watch. Items bought either directly or from packages could be previewed, as could cash items obtained via in-game events.
    The only items I found that broke this pattern were the "The Onmyougi" set items.
  • CybunnyCybunny
    Reactions: 775
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    I haven't been able to reproduce this.
    I can try on everything in my cash inventory, whether it has charm or not.

I can't. Something or other dealing with Surprise Style Boxes isn't letting me wear things, and some of them aren't from the current rotation but the previous one.

I guess I jumped the gun since I have a lot of stuff with charm still on it and it happened to fall into the SSB category.