[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Allow Familiars to be used in Ardentmill

FawkoFawko
Reactions: 2,360
edited October 2019 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Several updates ago, familiars were disallowed to be used in Ardentmill. This is an inconvenience to players because Ardentmill is a map where players commonly use MVP buffs, when we are training while using a familiar for drop rate or a different effect and go to grab the MVP buff, our familiars die in Ardentmill. Please revert this and improve the quality of training we can receive!
  1. Do you lag from familiars specifically being on the map?5 votes
    1. Yes
       20% (1 vote)
    2. No
       80% (4 votes)

Comments

• YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Fawko wrote: »
    Several updates ago, familiars were disallowed to be used in Ardentmill. This is an inconvenience to players because Ardentmill is a map where players commonly use MVP buffs, when we are training while using a familiar for drop rate or a different effect and go to grab the MVP buff, our familiars die in Ardentmill. Please revert this and improve the quality of training we can receive!

Think the notion is that you cc to get to the MVP before you enter Ardentmill so your familiar is at full hp when it dies so it can be resummoned. Also, iirc, the original reason familiars were disabled in Ardentmill was to reduce lag for such situations.
    Fuhreak
  • FawkoFawko
    edited October 2019
    Familiars do not lag me and anyone on my buddy list. and theres a 5% chance that you are on the same channel as the mvp already
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    Familiars do not lag me and anyone on my buddy list. and theres a 5% chance that you are on the same channel as the mvp already

Good for you and anyone on your buddy list, but they used to lag basically the rest of the Maple population. And being on the same channel as the mvp doesn't mean you're not going to get hit by the lag if you're in the same map. Even if you're saying in the context of being there for the mvp, there was still the issue where you would be stuck in the map for a good couple minutes while everyone was spamming "up" at the portal to get out. Also, just my guess, but I'm assume it put some type of strain on the survive every time that happened.
  • FawkoFawko
    edited October 2019
    I was not imlying that being on the same channel contributes to the lag. I was referring to the familiar's health being regenerated which you mentioned in your post. I do not think the majority of the Maple population lags from familiars in an MVP map. If they lag it is probably due to factors such as the amount of players in the map already and their shiny nx.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    If they lag it is probably due to factors such as the amount of players in the map already and their shiny nx.

In which case, removing as much as possible to alleviate that for other players seems like the right call. If someone's going to lag to hell from 30 players in one map, it's reasonable to take steps to not exacerbate the issue.