[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

things gone that drove many players away.

DAVEfromnyDAVEfromny
Reactions: 160
Took out the Prendergast Mansion and the ability to take on big foot mob.
Took out Monster Park Extreme. (Last portal on the right) great fro gaining xp to level.
Only allow to face lower bosses 1nce as opposed to 2x like before.
Removed the ability to leetch (train lower level characters)
Destroyed evolution lab , Equipment drops and Etc drops.
Removed the Speigelman PQ (huge mistake) which was insanely great for leveling characters.
Have nice events for levels under 200 But include no level potions for level 200-275 players to level up or get 50% a level.
I believe that Florina Beach and king klang monster has been removed. Removed kerning city PQ.
No more cake bosses.
No more mini bosses that drop cakes / maple equips, in random maps. Have not replaced any of the party quests with similar things to take its place.
Does king slime spaun anymore?
Why enjoyable winter does not stack with hs 5th job skill, while using a 2xp card.
Why lucky winter will not work with a big spider familiar increased drop rate.
Bishop has become one of the worst classes to play as far as big bang is concerned, Big bang in my opinion makes it insanely impossible to have a good overall mob attacking skill and makes it slow to level. ( bishop needs a better mobbing skill)
remember the times where they had 2xp / 2x drops every weekend?
Introduced very long cool downs on skills such as blizzard and meteor shower, i remember the days where you could cast these skills within seconds of each other and the leveling was fantastic.

darikSkyfall1989HuskyDMWONDERGUYKuronekonovaJennnnnnnnnn

Comments

• darikdarik
    Reactions: 3,270
    edited October 2019
    I agree on some, disagree on others, full map attacks are straight unfair stuff, they should stay as they are in my.opinion, kpq wasnt removed, its still the but shorter thanks god, moatly everything else i agree
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited October 2019
    DAVEfromny wrote: »
    Took out the Prendergast Mansion and the ability to take on big foot mob.
    Took out Monster Park Extreme. (Last portal on the right) great fro gaining xp to level.
    Only allow to face lower bosses 1nce as opposed to 2x like before.
    Removed the ability to leech (train lower level characters)
    Destroyed evolution lab , Equipment drops and Etc drops.
    Removed the Speigelmann PQ (huge mistake) which was insanely great for leveling characters.
    Have nice events for levels under 200 But include no level potions for level 200-275 players to level up or get 50% a level.
    I believe that Florina Beach and king klang monster has been removed. Removed kerning city PQ.
    No more cake bosses.
    No more mini bosses that drop cakes / maple equips, in random maps. Have not replaced any of the party quests with similar things to take its place.
    Does king slime spawn anymore?
    Why enjoyable winter does not stack with hs 5th job skill, while using a 2xp card.
    Why lucky winter will not work with a big spider familiar increased drop rate.
    Bishop has become one of the worst classes to play as far as big bang is concerned, Big bang in my opinion makes it insanely impossible to have a good overall mob attacking skill and makes it slow to level. ( bishop needs a better mobbing skill)
    remember the times where they had 2xp / 2x drops every weekend?
    Introduced very long cool downs on skills such as blizzard and meteor shower, i remember the days where you could cast these skills within seconds of each other and the leveling was fantastic.

So I'm gonna highlight the main points that I wanna go over.
    1. Leeching was removed moreso due to KMS than in GMS, but it is still possible to "leech", just not in the AFK rope holding days of the past. You have to actually still do "something" and actively be there.
    2. We have had a couple of anniversary events that have brought back Maple equips and other old pieces of gear (I believe my Dual blade has a blue Maple Bandana in its possession at this moment, on Reboot, from the previous Anniversary event of 14th street) so just look around for one of those events to pop up again.
    3. I actually really agree on this one. As someone who played Bishop prior to RED (the update that changed Bishops overall) I was not a fan of the change from Angel Ray as the main mobbing skill. (I got my book on my first cleared Zak run maaaan) although I doubt it will change back. My recommendation: just use Genesis and BB rotation, or try some of the other classes.

As far as some of the other points you give:
    FMA attacks with short CDs resulted in No CD Starfall for two weeks. It was great if you trained a Jett, it was HORRIBLE if you were KSed by a Jett. Ultimately...I wouldn't want no-CD FMA skills again.
    Lucky Winter used to stack with Spider, not sure what changed it. Same with Enjoyable and 2x coupons (DHS stacks with 2x coupons though). The way I believe it currently works is...one ETC/CS item (the cards), a USE item (the coupons) of a particular value, where 1.5x and 2x are non-stacking, but 10% from Monster Park does stack, and then Pendant of Spirit, Mercedes Link, and Legion.
    Evo lab was the ONLY place people would go up to 140, then switching to DIPQ which also got EXP butchered. Nexon wanted people to train in other maps. It worked.
    2x bosses isn't what hurts me so much as the POTION DROPS. I could make either a quick buck...or keep my Mules alive with those drops...which are almost non-existent now.
    I do remember 2x every weekend, but people complained.

P.S. There are potions that go up to 240, and even post 240 get you 50% a pop(as of 245 I still get at least 45% or so). They are Typhoon potions. You'll see one for Glory in a couple months.
    Fuhreak
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    DAVEfromny wrote: »
    Took out the Prendergast Mansion and the ability to take on big foot mob. Indifferent, hardly anything in the haunted mansion area that isn't nostalgia fodder
    Took out Monster Park Extreme. (Last portal on the right) great fro gaining xp to level. Easy enough to get to 140 now anyway, potions are still available via the coin shop
    Only allow to face lower bosses 1nce as opposed to 2x like before. Mild annoyance, but bosses only give reward points once per day so I think everyone just deals with it
    Removed the ability to leetch (train lower level characters) Oh no, doing the work yourself? How awful
    Destroyed evolution lab , Equipment drops and Etc drops. If anything, the change to etc drops(we all know you mean herbs and ores) was a balance matter. Is it a problem for you that you can no longer mindlessly farm dozens of black crystal ore and hyssop flowers in a day?
    Removed the Speigelman PQ (huge mistake) which was insanely great for leveling characters. More nostalgia fodder. It was "insanely great for leveling characters" back when the exp curve for 20-40 looked similar to that of 220-230. Now, though, that level range is all but irrelevant
    Have nice events for levels under 200 But include no level potions for level 200-275 players to level up or get 50% a level. Typhoon growth potions would like a word with you, buckaroo.
    I believe that Florina Beach and king klang monster has been removed. Removed kerning city PQ. I don't remember a single worthwhile facet of florina beach beyond "I want king klang's codex card"
    No more cake bosses. Good. The cake vs pie thing is a dead horse that should've stopped being beaten years ago anyway.
    No more mini bosses that drop cakes / maple equips, in random maps. Have not replaced any of the party quests with similar things to take its place. Maple equips crop up in virtually every anniversary event.
    Does king slime spaun anymore? Does it matter?
    Why enjoyable winter does not stack with hs 5th job skill, while using a 2xp card. Have no idea what you're trying to say here
    Why lucky winter will not work with a big spider familiar increased drop rate. Familiar buffs overwrite similar use-tab buffs
    Bishop has become one of the worst classes to play as far as big bang is concerned, Big bang in my opinion makes it insanely impossible to have a good overall mob attacking skill and makes it slow to level. ( bishop needs a better mobbing skill) Angel's ray says hello
    remember the times where they had 2xp / 2x drops every weekend? Remember when the servers didn't lag to hell and back during these?
    Introduced very long cool downs on skills such as blizzard and meteor shower, i remember the days where you could cast these skills within seconds of each other and the leveling was fantastic. In what world is 45 seconds "very long"? The cooldowns being added was absolutely a good thing. The removal of dragon roar was a good thing. Too many people enjoyed being jackasses in low-level training maps with those skills. Were you one of those people?

See bolded
    Fuhreak
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    edited October 2019
    I'll add to the list

Launcher is bugged. When your game can't even launch properly don't expect newcomers to stick too long.
    Party quests haven't reduced their party size requirement or increased their rewards. They are useless at this point and its not a hard thing to fix. Make their rewards heavy stat boosters for a limited time like the Mu Lung dojo or something.
    Post 200 is still a huge grind with very little flavor. For the most important part of the game it goes at a snail pace.
    Bots everywhere, tens of thousands accounts banned for hacking and yet they refuse to deal with their decade old code and find what vulnerabilities they are using. You got programmers right?
    Useful Items is butchered, why?
    No compensations for their major screw ups, just a "Thanks for your patience".
    Older areas haven't got any clean up or incentives to play at, party questing would do wonders here if they made the rewards useful.
    Non-KMS content is getting removed, not getting fixed, and quickly getting outdated.
    Shameless updates to Cash shop while the rest of the game is on fire. You won't get money from virtual cosmetics if you have no game to stand on.
    Quietly add cooldowns to crafting and auction house that weren't on the patch notes. What else have they changed that we haven't been told about?
    Heavy lack of communication. I doubt GMs have such busy lives given the state of the game to at least make a memo once a week.
    When was the last time a major update didn't get extended?
    Jett, broken since birth.
    Removing old areas for no good reason like Tera Forest, Florina Beach and Chryse.
    We never got Hekaton making Tyrant Gloves impossible to get (and since I know someone will pick on this, 400 days of invasions is impossible for normal people)
    Making bosses daily once instead of twice is stupid, making all difficulties share the same entry is just as bad.
    No pottable badges, not even the Black Mage's one.
    Singapore being axed.
    Dimensional Mirror not having NLC or Momijigaoka despite how annoying it is to get to those areas. We had it good before they decided to change it for no reason.
    Team copy pastes KMS updates which leads to issues. Change whoever tests your game because its not showing. GMS is not KMS and will never be, do your work.

I have stuff to do so I'll stop here.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I don't remember a single worthwhile facet of florina beach beyond "I want king klang's codex card"

I don't even remember that. Every time I went there, I was the only person around for miles.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited October 2019
    Neospector wrote: »
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I don't remember a single worthwhile facet of florina beach beyond "I want king klang's codex card"

I don't even remember that. Every time I went there, I was the only person around for miles.

And this is why I don't understand the negativity surrounding its removal. No one ever went there for anything, no one complained until it was locked off, and subsequently removed when they overhauled the vic island map.
    darik
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,370
    edited October 2019
    those are just 2nd or 3rd tier issues...
    its all waste without 1st tier issues (toaster server-spagheti code, hackers and p2w meta)

who care for those lower tier issues even if they add 99x weekends,raining milions and what not....
    if you cant log ingame properly , if you cant find map/elite without hundred botters around it and on top of it your gear cant be maxed without $ (needed for the meta)
    your char faceing discontents after last patch?
    wasted runs and dailys cus bugs whats that?

and when you manage to log normaly....
    you have been disconented by great NGS
    please be quite there is botters trying to get their elite loot dont disturb them
    yours lovely
    nexon.
    thank you

oh btw
    congratulations for jk2km2kvh2knvmn2222b on 275lvl with lvl 10 gear
    *firework*
    darik
  • DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    I'll add to the list

Launcher is bugged. When your game can't even launch properly don't expect newcomers to stick too long.
    Party quests haven't reduced their party size requirement or increased their rewards. They are useless at this point and its not a hard thing to fix. Make their rewards heavy stat boosters for a limited time like the Mu Lung dojo or something.
    Post 200 is still a huge grind with very little flavor. For the most important part of the game it goes at a snail pace.
    Bots everywhere, tens of thousands accounts banned for hacking and yet they refuse to deal with their decade old code and find what vulnerabilities they are using. You got programmers right?
    Useful Items is butchered, why?
    No compensations for their major screw ups, just a "Thanks for your patience".
    Older areas haven't got any clean up or incentives to play at, party questing would do wonders here if they made the rewards useful.
    Non-KMS content is getting removed, not getting fixed, and quickly getting outdated.
    Shameless updates to Cash shop while the rest of the game is on fire. You won't get money from virtual cosmetics if you have no game to stand on.
    Quietly add cooldowns to crafting and auction house that weren't on the patch notes. What else have they changed that we haven't been told about?
    Heavy lack of communication. I doubt GMs have such busy lives given the state of the game to at least make a memo once a week.
    When was the last time a major update didn't get extended?
    Jett, broken since birth.
    Removing old areas for no good reason like Tera Forest, Florina Beach and Chryse.
    We never got Hekaton making Tyrant Gloves impossible to get (and since I know someone will pick on this, 400 days of invasions is impossible for normal people)
    Making bosses daily once instead of twice is stupid, making all difficulties share the same entry is just as bad.
    No pottable badges, not even the Black Mage's one.
    Singapore being axed.
    Dimensional Mirror not having NLC or Momijigaoka despite how annoying it is to get to those areas. We had it good before they decided to change it for no reason.
    Team copy pastes KMS updates which leads to issues. Change whoever tests your game because its not showing. GMS is not KMS and will never be, do your work.

I have stuff to do so I'll stop here.

They cannot even copy KMS correctly either. Arkarium's Snakes are still immune to physical attacks.
    WONDERGUY
  • JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited October 2019
    More things driving other players away. (Addendum).

Not announcing changes before doing them such as:
    -decreasing the drop rate of pensilar equips in kerning tower 2nd floor star force map (it used to have a Much higher drop rate. I recently leveled from 147-151 (10/12/19, 11:17PM) without a single pensilar drop or any equips for that matter)
    -changing buff freezers/matilda items to temporary
    -100% stance changes on bosses
    -the delay for reward points to be added to CS; you have to click reward points & expirations then wait x amount of seconds ??? the CS is supposed to be Improved, right?

-making it so that the 5 min cool down for crafting cubes doesn't count down when you log out BUT the decay Does count when you log out? This doesn't make sense!
    Look, if you're going to making the timer continue for the decay when logged out, it's only fair for the timer to continue for the 5 minute crafting cool down too.

-many different bugs such as: free market portal not working in korean folk town, random dcs when trying to change your character, HP pots not working in certain commerci maps, when you hover over items too low in the screen (for example, the last item of a shop, the item stats don't show in the middle of the screen but on the bottom where it gets cut off. also when you hover, you may see random stat comparisons on the bottom right corner of the screen)

All we're asking is Please At Least Try to make improvements for the sake of your players who are spending $20,000 USD/month on your game. Your funders are the ones who are really taking a hit when the game is broken.
    HuskyDMKuronekonova
  • JennnnnnnnnnJennnnnnnnnn
    Reactions: 1,065
    edited October 2019
    Addendum: Better yet remove crafting decay as previously suggested.