[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.232 Blooming Forest Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Buff Freezers no longer stack and only last 7 days

Comments

  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,170
    Posts: 503
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    so multiple sources claim same numbers +- and you claim milions ?
    sure lets say there was somehow "milions" isnt that worse to hear now from "milions" to 10k-5k ?
    i dont know where you see the rise?

    I don't claim millions. Nexon did.
    https://www.wired.com/2009/05/maplestory-tops-92-million-players/
    That is ancient history however. This is where all those empty servers came from.
    We're not rising from that, which was 10 years ago. The rise is in recent history.
    You cannot dispute hard numbers. There is an obvious increase on steam.
    If there is a rise on Nexon Launcher as well is unknown, since Nexon doesn't release those numbers.
    also about dying am sure it will never happend there is no game that did die just like that
    That's where you're wrong.
    https://mmohuts.com/news/valkyrie-sky-shutting-down/
    Games do shut down all the time.
    The game still had plenty of interest but the company responsible for development seems to have vanished.
    riza wrote: »
    They are in fact trying to kill the game so they have an excuse for not making maple great again. its up to us the voices of Maplestory to voice our concern to this issue and be loud about it. This will also require that new CM to act for the community and voice our concerns directly.

    Will the team fight for the people or will they let the game die? That will be shown from this moment to the time of reckoning. People and Maplestory community don't be silent "be the voice".

    They aren't trying to kill the game. If they were they would just shut it down.
    Why try to slowly kill something that you can just end at any time?
    Nevermind the fact that Nexon is spending more money on the western market in recent years.
    Why would they increase budget if the idea was to kill the market off?
    Also Riza, please stop trying to talk about Maple as if it's a nation or movement of people. It's over dramatic and adds nothing to your posts.

    my point was as individual or company its less likely to kill game when there is interest for said game
    either there is offline/other private or "identical" under new name game or someone else buys it and run it
    the only lost "thing that dies" its progerss but who cares when its allready destoryed in some way

    about that 92milions players comeing from nexon PR in 2009 hard to belive
    i mean sure i would love to belive its that much but that make it even worse

    GMS from 2005-2009 they claim about around 6m players ( ineterseting period when most $bad$ changes happend lol #oldmsWHAT but nvm)
    2019 cheks 10k-5k players what ?damage reflection from $bad$ changes maybe?
    how many are gone in last 10years? ( thats like more then 99% lose )

    in other hand imagine GMS with 50-100k players at weekend with this servers and 20ch's (and we are still far from 1m or their 6m lol )
    luna02
  • HuskyDMHuskyDM
    Reactions: 3,745
    Posts: 378
    Member
    edited October 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    They aren't trying to kill the game. If they were they would just shut it down.
    Why try to slowly kill something that you can just end at any time?
    Nevermind the fact that Nexon is spending more money on the western market in recent years.
    Why would they increase budget if the idea was to kill the market off?

    Just to give a reason why, theoretically, if you want to kill the game but still keep getting some earnings then what you could do is slowly decrease the amount of resources, decreasing the overall quality of the game and making the f2p players go while keeping your dedicated whales still paying, therefore keeping earnings up for a time. That way you can end the outside dwindling services while keeping your main Korean game up which do generate significant earnings. A completely exaggerated, paranoid, conspiratorial and doomsday theory that holds no water but I just found it funny to think.

    Real talk though given that they still have the set up for Darmoor, keep spending money on beautiful art and music, new classes that require testing, and keep on designing events (even if they are always kill a bunch of stuff for stuff), it shows that, at least the higher ups in Korea do care about the game. Its GMS that sucks at management and (supposedly) KMS draconian stipulations that make it hard for overseas MS services to keep the level of quality and testing the KMS side gets (this last bit of course are rumors and nothing has been proven but it would make sense).

    KMS is doing great, their numbers are growing and MS is not dead as long as KMS keeps on pushing content. Its GMS who needs to learn to not screw their community up at every opportunity, like with Buff Freezers or the DLoD event.

    Fuhreak
  • WONDERGUYWONDERGUY
    Reactions: 3,170
    Posts: 503
    Member
    edited October 2019
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    They aren't trying to kill the game. If they were they would just shut it down.
    Why try to slowly kill something that you can just end at any time?
    Nevermind the fact that Nexon is spending more money on the western market in recent years.
    Why would they increase budget if the idea was to kill the market off?

    Just to give a reason why, theoretically, if you want to kill the game but still keep getting some earnings then what you could do is slowly decrease the amount of resources, decreasing the overall quality of the game and making the f2p players go while keeping your dedicated whales still paying, therefore keeping earnings up for a time. That way you can end the outside dwindling services while keeping your main Korean game up which do generate significant earnings. A completely exaggerated, paranoid, conspiratorial and doomsday theory that holds no water but I just found it funny to think.

    Real talk though given that they still have the set up for Darmoor, keep spending money on beautiful art and music, new classes that require testing, and keep on designing events (even if they are always kill a bunch of stuff for stuff), it shows that, at least the higher ups in Korea do care about the game. Its GMS that sucks at management and (supposedly) KMS draconian stipulations that make it hard for overseas MS services to keep the level of quality and testing the KMS side gets (this last bit of course are rumors and nothing has been proven but it would make sense).

    KMS is doing great, their numbers are growing and MS is not dead as long as KMS keeps on pushing content. Its GMS who needs to learn to not screw their community up at every opportunity, like with Buff Freezers or the DLoD event.
    darmor will be next $sink$ they are working on
    meanwhile they will add gensis fully upgraded in marvel & philo or special item that will skip the quest for upgrade
    ( i said same for lucid and they were laughing but later they saw it in marvel & philo hahah)

    btw
    ofcourse they dont want kill the game thats just really stupid
    they are just unaware of the sidefects of their $ideas$ and poor work

    i just dont understand why they are so stuborn if they said themself back in the days
    Hey we got 6m players (2005-2009)
    we do good lets add some cubes and more $ changes
    players: no thats bad
    nexon continuously add more $broken$ things and fail to fix bugs
    players : what? ok fine as you want
    2019 hard to break above 10k players
    nexon: we do good ,broid sale kinda low lets make some "improvments" to matilda why waste time monitor other critical bugs/issues and make changes ingame
    players: good luck nexon
    luna02
  • luna02luna02
    Reactions: 1,055
    Posts: 68
    Member
    edited October 2019
    year 2006 - 2009
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    so multiple sources claim same numbers +- and you claim milions ?
    sure lets say there was somehow "milions" isnt that worse to hear now from "milions" to 10k-5k ?
    i dont know where you see the rise?

    I don't claim millions. Nexon did.
    https://www.wired.com/2009/05/maplestory-tops-92-million-players/
    That is ancient history however. This is where all those empty servers came from.
    We're not rising from that, which was 10 years ago. The rise is in recent history.
    You cannot dispute hard numbers. There is an obvious increase on steam.
    If there is a rise on Nexon Launcher as well is unknown, since Nexon doesn't release those numbers.
    also about dying am sure it will never happend there is no game that did die just like that
    That's where you're wrong.
    https://mmohuts.com/news/valkyrie-sky-shutting-down/
    Games do shut down all the time.
    The game still had plenty of interest but the company responsible for development seems to have vanished.
    riza wrote: »
    They are in fact trying to kill the game so they have an excuse for not making maple great again. its up to us the voices of Maplestory to voice our concern to this issue and be loud about it. This will also require that new CM to act for the community and voice our concerns directly.

    Will the team fight for the people or will they let the game die? That will be shown from this moment to the time of reckoning. People and Maplestory community don't be silent "be the voice".

    They aren't trying to kill the game. If they were they would just shut it down.
    Why try to slowly kill something that you can just end at any time?
    Nevermind the fact that Nexon is spending more money on the western market in recent years.
    Why would they increase budget if the idea was to kill the market off?
    Also Riza, please stop trying to talk about Maple as if it's a nation or movement of people. It's over dramatic and adds nothing to your posts.

    my point was as individual or company its less likely to kill game when there is interest for said game
    either there is offline/other private or "identical" under new name game or someone else buys it and run it
    the only lost "thing that dies" its progerss but who cares when its allready destoryed in some way

    about that 92milions players comeing from nexon PR in 2009 hard to belive
    i mean sure i would love to belive its that much but that make it even worse

    GMS from 2005-2009 they claim about around 6m players ( ineterseting period when most $bad$ changes happend lol #oldmsWHAT but nvm)
    2019 cheks 10k-5k players what ?damage reflection from $bad$ changes maybe?
    how many are gone in last 10years? ( thats like more then 99% lose )

    in other hand imagine GMS with 50-100k players at weekend with this servers and 20ch's (and we are still far from 1m or their 6m lol )
    WONDERGUY wrote: »
    HuskyDM wrote: »
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    They aren't trying to kill the game. If they were they would just shut it down.
    Why try to slowly kill something that you can just end at any time?
    Nevermind the fact that Nexon is spending more money on the western market in recent years.
    Why would they increase budget if the idea was to kill the market off?

    Just to give a reason why, theoretically, if you want to kill the game but still keep getting some earnings then what you could do is slowly decrease the amount of resources, decreasing the overall quality of the game and making the f2p players go while keeping your dedicated whales still paying, therefore keeping earnings up for a time. That way you can end the outside dwindling services while keeping your main Korean game up which do generate significant earnings. A completely exaggerated, paranoid, conspiratorial and doomsday theory that holds no water but I just found it funny to think.

    Real talk though given that they still have the set up for Darmoor, keep spending money on beautiful art and music, new classes that require testing, and keep on designing events (even if they are always kill a bunch of stuff for stuff), it shows that, at least the higher ups in Korea do care about the game. Its GMS that sucks at management and (supposedly) KMS draconian stipulations that make it hard for overseas MS services to keep the level of quality and testing the KMS side gets (this last bit of course are rumors and nothing has been proven but it would make sense).

    KMS is doing great, their numbers are growing and MS is not dead as long as KMS keeps on pushing content. Its GMS who needs to learn to not screw their community up at every opportunity, like with Buff Freezers or the DLoD event.
    darmor will be next $sink$ they are working on
    meanwhile they will add gensis fully upgraded in marvel & philo or special item that will skip the quest for upgrade
    ( i said same for lucid and they were laughing but later they saw it in marvel & philo hahah)

    btw
    ofcourse they dont want kill the game thats just really stupid
    they are just unaware of the sidefects of their $ideas$ and poor work

    i just dont understand why they are so stuborn if they said themself back in the days
    Hey we got 6m players (2005-2009)
    we do good lets add some cubes and more $ changes
    players: no thats bad
    nexon continuously add more $broken$ things and fail to fix bugs
    players : what? ok fine as you want
    2019 hard to break above 10k players
    nexon: we do good ,broid sale kinda low lets make some "improvments" to matilda why waste time monitor other critical bugs/issues and make changes ingame
    players: good luck nexon

    totally agree
  • FrozeFroze
    Reactions: 1,185
    Posts: 44
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2019
    I was thinking about the freezers situation earlier after reading the latest maple memo.
    I would of course like the freezers to return to the old versions of 3 a day and the ability to stack them without the issue of expiry dates.
    However a simple solution would be to add the ability to buy more than one item at a time up to the daily limit of 5.
    That would dramatically cut down on the number slots required to store items and they could still have the 7 day expiry.
    Fuhreak
  • FrozeFroze
    Reactions: 1,185
    Posts: 44
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2019
    Still hoping this freezers issue get addressed soon.