[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

game dc after character selection

DanchunBDanchunB
Reactions: 100
in Tech Support
after this update, game just dc after character selection, the screen will freeze for 10 secs but i can hear the game sound and then it will return to the desktop.

Comments

• YodaYoda
    Reactions: 1,045
    edited October 2019
    Same here, I can go through the pin, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the first screen and it says "unable to connect to the game server"
  • DiaboIicDiaboIic
    Same here , did u menage to fix this? I tried repair , registry , ccleaner , full shutdown , run as admin ,compability modes..reinstalling ..what is wrong? Worked fine unti this last mainteneance
  • Ponky95Ponky95
    Reactions: 705
    edited October 2019
    I experienced this crash as well, I wasn't able to get into the world with any character above level 30~. I assume the event is causing this. I used the Steam to launch the game at this time. I've swapped over to the Nexon launcher and I'm able to access every character i have now. If you're launching your game from Steam, try launching the from the Nexon launcher. It worked for me, might work for you guys as well.
    Yoda
  • YodaYoda
    edited October 2019
    Ponky95 wrote: »
    I experienced this crash as well, I wasn't able to get into the world with any character above level 30~. I assume the event is causing this. I used the Steam to launch the game at this time. I've swapped over to the Nexon launcher and I'm able to access every character i have now. If you're launching your game from Steam, try launching the from the Nexon launcher. It worked for me, might work for you guys as well.

Actually i thought that steam maaaaybe was better than the launcher, I was thinking about uninstalling and trying steam. Good thing I didn't!
  • YodaYoda
    edited October 2019
    DiaboIic wrote: »
    Same here , did u menage to fix this? I tried repair , registry , ccleaner , full shutdown , run as admin ,compability modes..reinstalling ..what is wrong? Worked fine unti this last mainteneance

I tried just a few things because I was pretty sure the problem was the update, fortunately they're doing the maintenance. Hope it fixes the problem!
  • DanchunBDanchunB
    edited October 2019
    I havent down anything and i can enter the game now, i dont know why... but there is an new problem, game will crash every time i enter the cash shop and auction house... And when i try to change the resolution the game will crash as well..
  • YodaYoda
    edited October 2019
    DanchunB wrote: »
    I havent down anything and i can enter the game now, i dont know why... but there is an new problem, game will crash every time i enter the cash shop and auction house... And when i try to change the resolution the game will crash as well..

We are having exactly the same problems =S. Except that it's still sooo difficult for me to enter the game.
  • YodaYoda
    edited October 2019
    I just found out that accepting the flag race also crashes the game
  • AznArChMaG3SAznArChMaG3S
    Reactions: 600
    edited October 2019
    same here! Maplestory! Please fix it!
    It's happening when I'm selecting character and dc. I keep try again and again. It's still the same and I think maple story need to put the loading back before it must better this one.
    cuz I like the loading before and I don't like the loading mushroom jumping. :D
  • NimoNimo
    Reactions: 800
    edited October 2019
    I have the same problem. I can start the game itself, but as soon as I try to log into a channel with a character, I disconnect. Absolutely no error message. MapleStory isn't still in the Task Manager processes or services, so it shouldn't be the memory leak either. Windows 7 here.
  • d4rksaviord4rksavior
    Reactions: 300
    edited October 2019
    im having issues getting d/c after a few mins or hrs and it happens very often after i get in the game. Pls fix this
  • ShadowAlexShadowAlex
    edited October 2019
    Yoda wrote: »
    Same here, I can go through the pin, nothing seems to happen, then it goes back to the first screen and it says "unable to connect to the game server"

I have the same problem, it is difficult to enter the game. I hope nexon mentions something about it :(
  • YodaYoda
    edited October 2019
    I even sent a ticket, but I don't think they made a lot of effort reading it, they gave me instructions to do a "full shutdown", so I did it but nothing has changed, and I still can't access the cash shop.
    I've tried in my desktop and a laptop.

Currently I don't have that much time to be back and forth with tickets and trying things, but if someone finds out what the problem is and what we can do about it PLEASE tell us.
    Nimo
  • rfishyrfishy
    Reactions: 310
    Hello,
    I'm not sure if this will help everyone, but I had the same issue and ended up having to go into my firewall and manually allow maplestory through it. If you're on windows, it's start->control panel->system and security->allow an app through windows firewall. You have to go search for it and add it to the list.
    Hope this helps!!!
    Yoda
  • YodaYoda
    edited November 2019
    Thanks, but actually nothing has worked, and believe it or not it has gotten worse =(, I thought the game update would help, but nope.