[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Closed

Money Hungry Nexon

GodFutationGodFutation
Reactions: 515
Posts: 16
Member
edited February 18 in Rants and Raves
http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/23761/stop-pumping-out-content-for-more-money#latest

SO the link above is my rant that was closed due to being mean to them. So I am going to make this as simple and nice as possible, cuase ive been playing this game for almost 12 years and JESUS, The lord physically gotta come down to earth and help whoever is running nexon. For Human and maplers sake, please, i mean i will literally get on my knees and beg for 1 million years for you guys to change the way yall are running your games. I understand its not as easy as people say it is, but cmon its been over 10 years since you guys took over and for 10 years game been going down and down and down, so I feel like either you guys just dont care and only squeezing whatever money is left in it or just need Jesus and every other god from every religion to come help yall. I am looking for a smart and intuitive response, not a nexon response who is like," You are being excessively mean, banned." Thank you for your time.

Comments

  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 8,425
    Posts: 1,806
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 18
    Your thread was closed because you suggested people getting fired, that the game was dying, and for mentioning things that broke the TOS.
    If you want a "smart and intuitive" response, calm down and don't insult others while making your complaints.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    Behavior Towards Nexon
    - You are free to express yourself on the forums but not on Nexon's expense.
    - This means we will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, "crusades" against Nexon or our users, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
    - We do welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
    - Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one.

    I will leave this thread open because we don't ban complaints, but as a note, do not spam the forums with threads on the same topic.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 18
    Neospector wrote: »
    Your thread was closed because you suggested people getting fired, that the game was dying, and for mentioning things that broke the TOS.
    If you want a "smart and intuitive" response, calm down and don't insult others while making your complaints.
    http://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/6835/code-of-conduct#latest
    Behavior Towards Nexon
    - You are free to express yourself on the forums but not on Nexon's expense.
    - This means we will not allow derogatory comments, threats, intellect insults, "crusades" against Nexon or our users, and other comments encouraging other members to accept a certain ideology about Nexon.
    - We do welcome feedback and constructive criticism.
    - Constructive criticism is the process of offering valid and well-reasoned opinions about the work of others, usually involving both positive and negative comments, in a friendly manner rather than an oppositional one.

    I will leave this thread open because we don't ban complaints, but as a note, do not spam the forums with threads on the same topic.

    I think I have the right to complain cause this is my first complaint in 12 years as I have been watching whoever is leading nexon take this game in a terrible path for the past 10 years, so I have the right to complain, If I may ask when did you become a mod, cause if it was after nexon took over, than just saying I am technically a senior to you in this game. I mean I might not know the rules of complaints or w.e. but i for sure know the game play more than you. And like i said before a smart and intuitive answer would be explaining why it was taken down on this terrible path instead of saying follow the rules or w.e., cause thats a easy response as I was sure i was breaking some kinda rule of nexon forums or w.e. And just saying I didint complain on why the thread was closed, cuase I knew i was prob breaking a rule or 2, so dont need to explain that to me. And Nexon reminds me of the stock ticker HMNY, it went from being valued at $10,000 to a mere 0.0072 cent. LOL
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 15,045
    Posts: 2,850
    Member
    edited February 18
    You have all the right to complain, but you're also kind of a prick for saying people should be fired because your opinions say so.

    Do you go to Burger King or something and, after feeling that the service could've been a little better, set out to get those involved in your perceived lackluster experience fired?
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 18
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You have all the right to complain, but you're also kind of a prick for saying people should be fired because your opinions say so.

    I mean hey if it was your company and it was going down in player base every year for 10 years, Im 100000000% sure you would fire people unless you wanna be homeless, but if you say you wouldn't than i guess im just dumb. And It is my opinion they should get rid of people, but its also a fact they should cause of there player activeness stats. Since you wanna defend them, Please give me an example on one change they did that was good and for the players benefit, and not just to put our some content for people to grind it out and spend more money. I am not even asking you for 5 examples, just gimme 1, 1 example in 10 years of maplestory work.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 18
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You have all the right to complain, but you're also kind of a prick for saying people should be fired because your opinions say so.

    Do you go to Burger King or something and, after feeling that the service could've been a little better, set out to get those involved in your perceived lackluster experience fired?

    No cause it would depend on the burger king location as all locations are not the same. For instance if it was the same location and they kept messing up my food for 10 years straight, hell yea imma blast them, who wouldn't? LOL, And dont just complain cause I am being mean. Use your brain and give me a good answer on why ur defending nexon. Not just blasting me for saying what I feel in a mean way.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 15,045
    Posts: 2,850
    Member
    edited February 18
    I mean, the last guy I watched pitch a fit about nexon across two different threads also wished cancer and slow, painful deaths upon their employees because his game crashed a couple times.

    You'll forgive me for not immediately jumping on the "nexon should fire their employees because they suck" bandwagon. I'm not defending nexon, but I'm also not supporting you.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 18
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    I mean, the last guy I watched pitch a fit about nexon across two different threads also wished cancer and slow, painful deaths upon their employees because his game crashed a couple times.

    You'll forgive me for not immediately jumping on the "nexon should fire their employees because they suck" bandwagon. I'm not defending nexon, but I'm also not supporting you.

    Soooooo what is the reason you wanted to post here? To say im being mean to people that should be fired for making maplestory 1/100th of the game it was back in the day? I mean i understand if someone said, " hey man listen you do have the right to say your stuff, but not fair to blame employees for stuff that might have been out for their control." Thats why i said they should get ride of the person running maple and running nexon in general. But all you wanted to say to me in," your a prick for wanting to fire people." Jesus, if a person was ruining a game I invested 10 years of my life into, Hell yea that person deserves to get fired. I mean you could say, its just your opinion but than again, If we took a look at their player base and player active base, pretty sure my point is god damn right.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 15,045
    Posts: 2,850
    Member
    edited February 18
    You seem to want to pin your anger with the games development direction on what amounts to upkeep personnel. Would you like to blame janitorial staff for the state of the US education system? It's not that far off of what you're doing.

    If you want to complain about something, fine, but you can do so without bringing employee termination into the discussion.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 18
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    You seem to want to pin your anger with the games development direction on what amounts to upkeep personnel. Would you like to blame janitorial staff for the state of the US education system? It's not that far off of what you're doing.

    If you want to complain about something, fine, but you can do so without bringing employee termination into the discussion.

    Did you even read what I said or are you just posting cause your bored? I Said Whoever is running maple and nexon in general, that means CEO, President, CFO, those people not the guy that puts cables in the computers in their office.. Read what I type. They deserve yo be fired, The reasons for Executives to get fired is, Either they do something thats hurtful to society or they are messing up the company's revenue stream, and in this case, they are messing up the revenue stream. How much you wanna bet that if they even had the balls to show their revenue stream its would be in a steady decline? Why you think they are just pumping out content? So they wont go negative and until players show their frustrations towards the path this game has taken, they will keep doing it and doing it until 1 day this game has less than 10 players. That day will probably arrive in the next 5 years by the way they are doing their business.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,440
    Posts: 5,580
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited February 18
    What makes you think it's the same people that have been "setting the direction" for Maplestory for 10 years?
    As a matter of fact, Nexon Korea's Director of Maplestory has been replaced numerous times in the past 10 years.

    I understand your frustration with the state of the game, but you shouldn't assume you know the cause, or offer miracle solutions, without doing your research.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 19
    AKradian wrote: »
    What makes you think it's the same people that have been "setting the direction" for Maplestory for 10 years?
    As a matter of fact, Nexon Korea's Director of Maplestory has been replaced numerous times in the past 10 years.

    I understand your frustration with the state of the game, but you shouldn't assume you know the cause, or offer miracle solutions, without doing your research.

    The only research I need is game been going down in players, so if that doesn't matter than I dont know what does. And I do realize that they probably replaced whomever is in charge of developing games and their higher ups numerous times, but doesn't mean they call all the shots, for instance the NY Knicks, they have replaced their president and Gm like 20 times in the past 15 years, but the owner is still the same guy from the last 20 years. Everyone is calling for him to sell the franchise because he is a terrible Owner. In this case whoever owns Nexon, whoever has the most control in that company needs to get lost. I mean every game Nexon took over is in the trash. I understand its not as simple as I say, but dam 12 years? Long time to not realize whoever is showing the way for this company is bad at their job. and for mapler's sake my miracle solution is to tell the owner to stop following his ideas and listen to the players. DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING. DO YOUR JOB, GET ON TWITCH AND HAVE A CONVO WITH PLAYERS TO SEE WHAT WILL WORK AND WHAT TO GET RID OF AND HOW TO CHANGE MAPLESTORY IN THE RIGHT PATH.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 15,045
    Posts: 2,850
    Member
    edited February 19
    "The right path" sounds like "the game is dying because it's not going where I think it should go". You realize that development decisions are not the sole driving force behind players leaving the game, right? Some people get bored, some people progress in life to a point at which they simply have no time for games like this anymore.

    You're assuming everything is black and white according to your views and opinions.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 37,440
    Posts: 5,580
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited February 19
    AKradian wrote: »
    What makes you think it's the same people that have been "setting the direction" for Maplestory for 10 years?
    As a matter of fact, Nexon Korea's Director of Maplestory has been replaced numerous times in the past 10 years.

    I understand your frustration with the state of the game, but you shouldn't assume you know the cause, or offer miracle solutions, without doing your research.

    The only research I need is game been going down in players, so if that doesn't matter than I dont know what does. And I do realize that they probably replaced whomever is in charge of developing games and their higher ups numerous times, but doesn't mean they call all the shots, for instance the NY Knicks, they have replaced their president and Gm like 20 times in the past 15 years, but the owner is still the same guy from the last 20 years. Everyone is calling for him to sell the franchise because he is a terrible Owner. In this case whoever owns Nexon, whoever has the most control in that company needs to get lost. I mean every game Nexon took over is in the trash. I understand its not as simple as I say, but dam 12 years? Long time to not realize whoever is showing the way for this company is bad at their job. and for mapler's sake my miracle solution is to tell the owner to stop following his ideas and listen to the players. DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING. DO YOUR JOB, GET ON TWITCH AND HAVE A CONVO WITH PLAYERS TO SEE WHAT WILL WORK AND WHAT TO GET RID OF AND HOW TO CHANGE MAPLESTORY IN THE RIGHT PATH.

    For one thing, Maplestory (and Nexon in general) is doing quite well in its home market of Korea, and in China. Feel free to browse the Q4 2018 Investor Presentation for details.

    And for another thing, the owner of the majority stake in Nexon is, in fact, putting his 98% share of Nexon's holding company up for sale. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-17-nexon-reportedly-up-for-sale

    Again, I understand your frustration, but if you're going to try telling Nexon what to do, get your facts straight, first.
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 15,045
    Posts: 2,850
    Member
    edited February 19
    AKradian wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    What makes you think it's the same people that have been "setting the direction" for Maplestory for 10 years?
    As a matter of fact, Nexon Korea's Director of Maplestory has been replaced numerous times in the past 10 years.

    I understand your frustration with the state of the game, but you shouldn't assume you know the cause, or offer miracle solutions, without doing your research.

    The only research I need is game been going down in players, so if that doesn't matter than I dont know what does. And I do realize that they probably replaced whomever is in charge of developing games and their higher ups numerous times, but doesn't mean they call all the shots, for instance the NY Knicks, they have replaced their president and Gm like 20 times in the past 15 years, but the owner is still the same guy from the last 20 years. Everyone is calling for him to sell the franchise because he is a terrible Owner. In this case whoever owns Nexon, whoever has the most control in that company needs to get lost. I mean every game Nexon took over is in the trash. I understand its not as simple as I say, but dam 12 years? Long time to not realize whoever is showing the way for this company is bad at their job. and for mapler's sake my miracle solution is to tell the owner to stop following his ideas and listen to the players. DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING. DO YOUR JOB, GET ON TWITCH AND HAVE A CONVO WITH PLAYERS TO SEE WHAT WILL WORK AND WHAT TO GET RID OF AND HOW TO CHANGE MAPLESTORY IN THE RIGHT PATH.

    For one thing, Maplestory (and Nexon in general) is doing quite well in its home market of Korea, and in China. Feel free to browse the Q4 2018 Investor Presentation for details.

    And for another thing, the owner of the majority stake in Nexon is, in fact, putting his 98% share of Nexon's holding company up for sale. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-17-nexon-reportedly-up-for-sale

    Again, I understand your frustration, but if you're going to try telling Nexon what to do, get your facts straight, first.

    Another point of note to that, just because someone is a majority shareholder in the corporation itself does not mean they have a hand in game development. So long as they see a return on their investments, they probably could not care any less about what goes on with the individual games under nexon's umbrella, development-wise or published.
  • GodFutationGodFutation
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 16
    Member
    edited February 19
    AKradian wrote: »
    AKradian wrote: »
    What makes you think it's the same people that have been "setting the direction" for Maplestory for 10 years?
    As a matter of fact, Nexon Korea's Director of Maplestory has been replaced numerous times in the past 10 years.

    I understand your frustration with the state of the game, but you shouldn't assume you know the cause, or offer miracle solutions, without doing your research.

    The only research I need is game been going down in players, so if that doesn't matter than I dont know what does. And I do realize that they probably replaced whomever is in charge of developing games and their higher ups numerous times, but doesn't mean they call all the shots, for instance the NY Knicks, they have replaced their president and Gm like 20 times in the past 15 years, but the owner is still the same guy from the last 20 years. Everyone is calling for him to sell the franchise because he is a terrible Owner. In this case whoever owns Nexon, whoever has the most control in that company needs to get lost. I mean every game Nexon took over is in the trash. I understand its not as simple as I say, but dam 12 years? Long time to not realize whoever is showing the way for this company is bad at their job. and for mapler's sake my miracle solution is to tell the owner to stop following his ideas and listen to the players. DO THE OPPOSITE OF WHATEVER YOU ARE THINKING. DO YOUR JOB, GET ON TWITCH AND HAVE A CONVO WITH PLAYERS TO SEE WHAT WILL WORK AND WHAT TO GET RID OF AND HOW TO CHANGE MAPLESTORY IN THE RIGHT PATH.

    For one thing, Maplestory (and Nexon in general) is doing quite well in its home market of Korea, and in China. Feel free to browse the Q4 2018 Investor Presentation for details.

    And for another thing, the owner of the majority stake in Nexon is, in fact, putting his 98% share of Nexon's holding company up for sale. https://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2019-01-17-nexon-reportedly-up-for-sale

    Again, I understand your frustration, but if you're going to try telling Nexon what to do, get your facts straight, first.

    Yea , thats exactly my point, that idiot was squeezing money outa this game, hence my reason for this post. Di you not read my title? MONEY HUNGRY NEXON, means they only putting out content for money which you just sided with my opinion and facts. The game in GMS is terrible. Why you think after Big bang Sooooooooooooooo many people quit? Not because they all grew up out of the game at the exact same time, Cmon. If this game went back to v105 im 100% sure alot of people would come back, If you dont believe me go ******* servers. Why you think they are so much more popular in America than gms is? Not just because its easier, its because whoever runs them, actually listen to the players needs and just want to make the game play as good as possible, hence my connection to WOW, They make wayyyyyyyyyyyy more money than nexon does and they have fewer games in their library, but their game lives on for 20 years? Do you get it? Those nibs at Nexon only worked for the money not for the content, every since they released the black mage story, in the start it was good, than they just got bored and tired and didint even follow the story line, it is like the DC universe atm. Just bunch of characters randomly meet and beat black mage now,LOL. The only fact i need is GMS IS DYEING. What is another fact thats more important than that? I mean dam, I dont needa read all these facts about nexon, only thing i see in plain site is these kids dont know how to run a game like its supposed to, they only want money. Dont tell me people had life and people just grew up, I mean that is true people have life and people do grow up, but go check out how many people play ********* servers, that sht more active than all the afkers in this game, cuase thats how GMS made the game now, stupid kids.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,585
    Posts: 1,566
    Member
    edited February 19
    I'm not gonna quote all of the posts above, but it seems you are looking for an echo chamber where there is none. Also, you are gonna probably get this thread locked because you allude to the P.S. of which is against the CoC.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 8,425
    Posts: 1,806
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited February 19
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    I'm not gonna quote all of the posts above, but it seems you are looking for an echo chamber where there is none. Also, you are gonna probably get this thread locked because you allude to the P.S. of which is against the CoC.

    This is true.


    OP, you were warned specifically against this kind of behavior. Criticism and complaints are allowed, breaking the rules is not.

    Close reasons:
    • Private server discussion
    • FUD

    Please review the Code of Conduct before making threads.
This discussion has been closed.