[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Training Guide (1-250)

Comments

• AnalysisRRAnalysisRR
    Reactions: 565
    edited December 2016
    Orbis: Stairway to the Sky I from 70-77ish is also pretty good if drakes are full. Ice Valley 2 is also great from 75-85ish. I trained at both maps today and it went fairly quick. They should be good when other maps are full.
  • YonaxYonax
    Reactions: 3,016
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    Updated first post.

- Updated recommended levels, maps and some minor changes.
  • Kylehell007Kylehell007
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2016
    aint no one got a good alternative for like 145-165...zzz
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2016
    140-160 is for now Jiangshi Base - Far East untill we will get Kerning Tower in a future update, which will totally replace it at these levels.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited February 2017
    Made small change, I would suggest Dark Cornians around level 140, it's just much more relaxt to train than in Jiangshi Base.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Kerning Tower is out now, it's good place to train between 145-165.
  • LunieaLuniea
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    Hey Yonax, I've been using your guide and I really love it! I had to start my account from scratch because I lost my characters/gold in the migration (didn't register in time..) so this has been great to help me get a decent character again.
    I have limited funding and I'm now level 150 and not really sure if I'm loving Kerning Tower, you haven't mentioned which map specifically to grind in, any suggestions :)? I'm currently in Kerning Tower 3F <1>, finding if I go any higher the spawn rate drops and I'm getting hit pretty hard.
    Thanks in advance ^-^
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    For Kerning Tower, I would say only do the quests there and than move on to the next map. Should bring you about 145 -> 150. You can make a start on the temple of time quests after or if you have enough range do a couple of horntails. Really nice exp from Horntail on those levels.
    Luniea
  • LunieaLuniea
    Reactions: 300
    edited April 2017
    Thanks for replying :D!
    I couldn't find any quests for Kerning Tower.. but then again I didn't look very hard :/! I'm level 151 now so I guess I'll move onto something else, I'm really enjoying grinding mobs so don't think I really want to do any bosses or anything like that P:
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    Kerqxon wrote: »
    Krexel and The Boss give decent exp

I never fought the boss.
    I do wish that blockbuster's exp from mobs were higher.

Gunner bossing does giving a decent amount of exp, though unless you can quickly find anego / buy a comb off the market, you're better off grinding :o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »

I never fought the boss.

Gunner bossing does giving a decent amount of exp, though unless you can quickly find anego / buy a comb off the market, you're better off grinding :o

Did they fix it so the comb disappears after summoning?
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    AKradian wrote: »
    bumbertyr wrote: »

I never fought the boss.

Did they fix it so the comb disappears after summoning?

You can still pick up the comb again after you summoned the boss.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Made some minor improvements to the training spots in the first post.
  • ZephyrusSpringZephyrusSpring
    Reactions: 1,325
    edited July 2017
    The second mantis map on the left in stone colossus is awesome for 150-160. Super small, super high spawn rate. It's way better than kerning tower imo.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    The second mantis map on the left in stone colossus is awesome for 150-160. Super small, super high spawn rate. It's way better than kerning tower imo.

Colossus has some maps with nice spawn, problem is only its always full of hackers and therefore I avoid these maps.
  • csmpcsmp
    Reactions: 850
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    thank you
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    csmp wrote: »
    thank you

Happy to help!
  • LolaBunnyLolaBunny
    Reactions: 2,785
    Member, Private Tester
    edited July 2017
    Pretty good guide, I felt like I need to share my training spots that I did.
    In reboot, this is how all my mules trained, to 140 at least for S rank and it has worked out well as long as you have override set on each mule, you can handle the spots without any funding. Just reboot is little tricky cause you do have a higher reduced damage penalty for level difference over normal servers. I always avoided drakes because it's way too overpopulated.
    10-20: Blue Fairys in Ellinia
    20-30: Evil Eyes/Curse Eyes
    30-50: Gold Beach purple clams best map layout and nicely close platforms.
    50-70: Skeledogs in hidden map is nice.
    70-85: White Fangs nice map but usually overcrowded, alternate can be aqua road seals before town.
    85-100: I did either roids or homos, both flat maps and easy
    100-120: Zakum with 2x rune + 2x exp coupon twice daily should get you there, if not, probably try out starforce ghost pirates or blood harps.
    125-130: Korean folk town signposts give awesome amounts of exp and mesos to help.
    130-145: Cerebes in Cave of trials II is pretty good, usually burning. Cave of trials I is a alternate because it is 100% burning when I go there if cave of trials II is full. Cave of trials III map is really long and annoying to navigate and almost no one goes there.
    145-170: I did the starforce floor 2. It's nicely packed mobs and the map layout/spawn is pretty good. I prefer that over mantis imo because they give less exp and I don't really like the map's layout.
    170-190: Omega sector starforce I did the first map because it was always 100% in reboot for me, map 2 is mixed with bad layout, map 3 is overpopulated but same layout as 2, I prefered the first one because the platforms and spawn are closer together.
    190-200: I did stumps all the way, I used the map with stump/dark stump because it was very small and easy to navigate. The deserted one with 4 platforms is usually never burning because of how crowded it is, so I always go to maps with 100% burning exp. Imo, it's better than fes2 because fes2 almost never has burning effects which means it's worse than stumps.
    Beever
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Updated some of the maps, AF requirements.
  • YonaxYonax
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    Made some small changes, need more suggestions for Morass and Esfera maps.