[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.235 Rocking Revamp Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts
Closed

BFF event exp is unfair

Comments

  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,465
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Nexon should make a rule against people ruining events :l it's sooooooo rare to get a good event like this then some jerk has to come and ruin everything :(
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Posts: 89
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Dough wrote: »
    Nexon should make a rule against people ruining events :l it's sooooooo rare to get a good event like this then some jerk has to come and ruin everything :(

    I did not ruin anything.
    I have no sway with Nexon. I don't have them at my beck and call.
    They could have ignored me.
    Stop putting this on me. It's not fair and I'm tired of it.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 1,715
    Posts: 58
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Dough wrote: »
    Nexon should make a rule against people ruining events :l it's sooooooo rare to get a good event like this then some jerk has to come and ruin everything :(

    Why the hell would they?

    They're the ones who nerfed it.
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,465
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited March 2017
    yes you did you helped get rid of like 99% of the exp from the event

    ok my apology you helped ruin 99% of the event :l
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 1,715
    Posts: 58
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Dough wrote: »
    yes you did you helped get rid of like 99% of the exp from the event

    ok my apology you helped ruin 99% of the event :l
    I'm not even the OP, and stop blaming him for christ's sake, he has no power whatsoever, it is completely Nexon's doing that this is nerfed, rightfully so too, he had even given realistic examples, unlike the ones in that Choco-thread from another guy.
  • Xenon92Xenon92
    Reactions: 2,125
    Posts: 330
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Dough wrote: »
    yes you did you helped get rid of like 99% of the exp from the event

    ok my apology you helped ruin 99% of the event :l
    I'm not even the OP, and stop blaming him for christ's sake, he has no power whatsoever, it is completely Nexon's doing that this is nerfed, rightfully so too, he had even given realistic examples, unlike the ones in that Choco-thread from another guy.

    my post wasn't directed towards you, just because your comment was before mine, doesn't mean I was directing it to you buddy. and you say you didn't know about this til now, forgot to add in "those who didn't know about the event" the list of people who wanted it shut down, and he isnt placing full blame on the op, and tbh honest, the only one to blame here is really Nexon. They nerfed it once and now this is the second time they nerfed it. if they didn't want this at all, they should have completely nerfed it on the 1st server check.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    Posts: 322
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Pretty sure OP understands very very well by now. It is the nature of Nexon's pattern of insanely unbalanced changes to events that caused the backlash to this post.

    There is no happy medium with them when it comes to events, and there is no asking them to "tone things down a bit" because by doing so within this game forum and by Nexon's very nature is tantamount to asking them to completely ruin the event in the eyes of people who have experienced the extreme letdown in past events many times, especially as of late.

    Like I said, it's all or nothing, and yet again, we are left with nothing.
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 1,715
    Posts: 58
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    Xenon92 wrote: »
    Dough wrote: »
    yes you did you helped get rid of like 99% of the exp from the event

    ok my apology you helped ruin 99% of the event :l
    I'm not even the OP, and stop blaming him for christ's sake, he has no power whatsoever, it is completely Nexon's doing that this is nerfed, rightfully so too, he had even given realistic examples, unlike the ones in that Choco-thread from another guy.

    I don't think he was even talking to you nor was I directing my post towards you, just because your comment was before mine, doesn't mean I was directing it to you buddy. and you say you didn't know about this til now, forgot to add in "those who didn't know about the event" the list of people who wanted it shut down, and he isnt placing full blame on the op, and tbh honest, the only one to blame here is really Nexon. They nerfed it once and now this is the second time they nerfed it. if they didn't want this at all, they should have completely nerfed it on the 1st server check.
    In the second post he was, and I don't care if your post was replying to me, I wasn't replying as if it were, I WANTED it nerfed, you said "those who wanted a nerf are the possible", which includes me.

    Just because you weren't talking to me specifically, doesn't mean I can't respond, buddy, in fact, you had included me, when you tried to fixate everyone wanting a nerf into categories.

    Also, I meant I didn't know about the event until this thread, not until now, I could've worded that better I suppose.
  • SlickBackSlickBack
    Reactions: 320
    Posts: 17
    Member
    edited March 2017
    LittleTLK wrote: »
    The exp from the monster park section of this event should be considerably nerfed. It is unfair.
    People are abusing this event to gain levels far too quickly.
    The damage has already been done, though. Short of a rollback, there's no way to fix it.
    It's Mr. Lee's Airlines all over again.

    you sir are a [removed] . Not a small [removed] but a huge [removed] .

    Warning: Profanity and vulgar speech will not be tolerated

    DoughBladeSusanoo
  • DominikoDominiko
    Reactions: 240
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Gg another guy that ruined an event.... thanks alot LittleTLK!!!!!!!!!!! take care man
    DoughBladeSusanoo
  • DoughDough
    Reactions: 1,465
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited March 2017
    @LittleTK Please if your going to report something that is GOOD, can't you do it in like customer support and send a ticket instead of coming here on forums to make everyone mad it's not kind nice or cool :(
  • ShippouShippou
    Reactions: 1,570
    Posts: 89
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    This thread has just devolved into cancer.
    Will some mod please just lock or delete it?
    Keyan the Evan
  • TribalStarTribalStar
    Reactions: 1,015
    Posts: 65
    Member
    edited March 2017
    OK wow this is getting out of control, do you honestly think nexon listened to us when they never have before?

    I think not, look I bet they got reports on there logs of mass leveling on all characters and had to take a long time to finally find out what was causing it. If they listened to the threads then we would have lost this broken event ages ago. It took them a day to reliese that this was happening so I highly doubt any of them were checking the forums.

    I knew it wouldn't last long because its such an easy thing to notice, that people are literally leveling 10 times in 2 minutes which is impossible no matter how you look at it.

    I will not understand why certain people wanted it fixed but I don't blame them for it being fixed, as I feel from how long it took nexon to see this mistake it was not due to people reporting the problem in forums
    Keyan the EvanNyara
  • Keyan the EvanKeyan the Evan
    Reactions: 1,715
    Posts: 58
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2017
    To be honest, if you guys are such trash as you appear to be from these posts, maybe you deserve it being nerfed.

    You're attacking someone for talking, not for an action, he didn't cause the nerf, he just talked of the legitimate unfairness of this event.

    I agree with @Dough about the ticket thing though, less controversy that way.
  • BooberpuppyBooberpuppy
    Reactions: 3,415
    Posts: 322
    Member
    edited March 2017
    @ Keyan the Evan - Yup sure, we're "trash" and "cancer" for having an opinion and have absolutely no right to get mad at an individual for doing something very looked down on and frowned upon within Nexon's community. We're all wrong and you're right. Just lock the thread pl0x because it isn't going YOUR way and not everyone is singing praises to LittleTLK for his moral high ground stand and asking for a nerf from a company that has NO idea how to adjust things desirably.

    This is beyond evident in what they have done in past events. This new event is now another example which just adds to the pile as a testament to that, because now experience points aspect of event is completely ruined. There are other good aspects to the event still left over, yes, but that doesn't make what they did with nerfing experience completely to the ground the right choice for the change made.

    I'll say again- It's not the fact that it needed nerfed. It is the fact that most of the community here knows asking for a nerf, in Nexon's eyes anyways, means completely making an event useless with some certain aspect of it, because this is what they do every time an event is more or less "OP" in some way, and that's what every one was in a tizzy about when he made this post public on the most read section of forum.

    Bottom line is that people should not ask for nerfs from Nexon in 'General Chat' section of forum. To any one out there considering making a "please nerf this event" type post for any future event that is in your opinion "OP", well, my suggestion is, just don't. Instead if you have such concern about other players having too much fun or actually benefiting from an event, just go make a report ticket for something that you believe this certain aspect needs adjustment or talk to a live customer support agent to point out something you believe to be broken instead of coming to general chat to stir the pot with your moral megaphone and soap box. if it's really that busted broken, Nexon will get around to "fixing" it within a day or two anyways, every time without fail, believe me we don't need some one to come on here and point it out like this.
  • InvulgoInvulgo
    Reactions: 4,620
    Posts: 544
    Member
    edited March 2017
    Close reason:

    - The thread did not take a better direction after first warning
    - Using conflicts with other forum members as discussion points
    - Harassment towards user that found the EXP amount concerning.
    - Direct attacks towards OP.

    We don't have to agree with other members opinion, we do have to respect them. Sometimes it's better to agree to disagree.




This discussion has been closed.