[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Drop Rate changes KMS patch 1.2.275

Comments

• ruth02ruth02
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited April 2017
    The game has too many problems to think about a nerf to sist drop gear today in GMS... yes it coming to gms and aply it, sinceratly so much people quiting of the game .. today in day, to cause of issues and other, the servers it emptys... yes you wish w fm disappear and later the auction house alright, but first think in the people and the better for the game Firstly w nerf the sis drop here
  • StargethStargeth
    Reactions: 2,680
    edited April 2017

well i think the issue with this one is like how do you "partially" un nerf drop rate. Like do just make it so the normal rate is several times more? orrr how would u change the formula to have a partial nerf

Could have it so that drop gear and rates still apply the same as today, but only up to a certain cap (maybe something more generous than KMS such as +200% with all sources such as coupons/familiars/drop gear) so that the best we could achieve is a total of 3x drop rate. This would be miles better than what KMS has now.

EDIT: Also some drops deemed as OP (or just event drops) could simply only be affected up to a certain point, such as a combined 2x total drop-rate bonus allowed to be applied for Maple Leaves, for example, but still keep regular rates for all other items in the game.
  • forumsareannoyingforumsareannoying
    Reactions: 2,815
    edited April 2017
    This is how KMS is at the moment
  • TanyaTanya
    Reactions: 1,230
    edited April 2017
    I don't know what the drop rate formula is actually going to be yet, but if the changes are as bad as what KMS players are saying then no I do not want it. I'm all up for Nodestone drop rate to be increased and for wealth pots to give 20% instead of 10% drop rate - but if that is added along with an overall lower drop rate, then it will even out and just make no good difference. Lets hope KMS made an "error" and will fix it, or they adjust the rates to better suit the community before it even gets to us.
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017
    Stargeth wrote: »

well i think the issue with this one is like how do you "partially" un nerf drop rate. Like do just make it so the normal rate is several times more? orrr how would u change the formula to have a partial nerf

Could have it so that drop gear and rates still apply the same as today, but only up to a certain cap (maybe something more generous than KMS such as +200% with all sources such as coupons/familiars/drop gear) so that the best we could achieve is a total of 3x drop rate. This would be miles better than what KMS has now.

EDIT: Also some drops deemed as OP (or just event drops) could simply only be affected up to a certain point, such as a combined 2x total drop-rate bonus allowed to be applied for Maple Leaves, for example, but still keep regular rates for all other items in the game.

not gonna lie by 3x drop at the current way items are dropping is pretty low still... not to mention its a relatively low cap i think. Just because having spider+2x event=3x already. I think current max item drop rate possible is like 40x or something roughly around which is absolutely broken but 3x seems rather low...
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017
    Hi guys! I've been following this thread and wanted to let you all know that we've forwarded these concerns.
    Please note that there's no official word on this particular change as of now.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited April 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Hi guys! I've been following this thread and wanted to let you all know that we've forwarded these concerns.

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

I believe you may have misunderstood the thread's concern.

It should be about investments into Red/Black Cubes rolls in obtaining Drop Rate %. Currently the Drop Rate % system is within addition so it enables players to go above 100%.

PDR (Percent Damage Reduction) is used as an example due to the math multiplier which generally does not allow the player to go over 100%.

The future KMS (Korean MapleStory) patch changes Drop Rate from addition to multiplicative which the players of GMS (Global MapleStory) do not want at all.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited April 2017

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

It should be about investments into Red/Black Cubes rolls in obtaining Drop Rate %. Currently the Drop Rate % system is within addition so it enables players to go above 100%.

PDR (Percent Damage Reduction) is used as an example due to the math multiplier which generally does not allow the player to go over 100%.

The future KMS (Korean MapleStory) patch changes Drop Rate from addition to multiplicative which the players of GMS (Global MapleStory) do not want at all.

Yes, I believe that the change is introducing the hard cap on the current drop rate in addition to what you've stated.
    This would mean that players who have invested in drop rate gear would be negatively impacted and would overall affect farming for items such as nodestones.

This is to my current understanding of this change, please let me know if I'm mistaken and apologies for the additional edits!
  • FringeGMSFringeGMS
    Reactions: 460
    edited April 2017

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

Yes, I believe that the change is introducing the hard cap on the current drop rate in addition to what you've stated.
    This would mean that players who have invested in drop rate gear would be negatively impacted and would overall affect farming for items such as nodestones.

This is to my current understanding of this change, please let me know if I'm mistaken and apologies for the additional edits!

Thanks! I think it would be obvious that we wouldn't want this change but I'm glad its actually being forwarded :$
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I hope you guys and OP understand, we are getting these changes no matter if you like them or not.

I wouldnt say that, theres been several updates that KMS got and we didnt get and vice versa. Or even other servers that arent KMS. I think if enough people dont want this update, and its CLEARLY shown, they'll most likely think twice about actually letting the update through or not.

the only "updates" we havnt gotten are certain completly new systems, drop rate formula and exp formula changes from KMS have always been passed though to GMS.

If you really think that they wont add this change because players have something to say about it 6 moonths before we are expected to receive it, you are dead wrong. remember way back before unleashed happened and people crusaded for nexon to not add the boss buffs, Nexon NA even said they would delay them, and then last minute told us they were going to add all the debuffs and things people didn't want.

I can even reference something more recent, around June when KMS removed Star Planet, within the same week I made a thread that got some attention, that requested nexon not to remove star planet without finding a way to allow the 1.5k points a day you could obtain from starplanet, to be gained from other in game means, they removed star planet anyway, didnt add any way to gain those 1.5k and told us events would somehow make up for the lost points (which they don't).

we are going to get this change because the people who make the big decisions are not the people we constantly talk to, they are people in Korea, and these changes are general in-game system changes like all the recent stat changes post V update.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 6,020
    edited April 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the only "updates" we havnt gotten are certain completly new systems, drop rate formula and exp formula changes from KMS have always been passed though to GMS.

If you really think that they wont add this change because players have something to say about it 6 moonths before we are expected to receive it, you are dead wrong. remember way back before unleashed happened and people crusaded for nexon to not add the boss buffs, Nexon NA even said they would delay them, and then last minute told us they were going to add all the debuffs and things people didn't want.

I can even reference something more recent, around June when KMS removed Star Planet, within the same week I made a thread that got some attention, that requested nexon not to remove star planet without finding a way to allow the 1.5k points a day you could obtain from starplanet, to be gained from other in game means, they removed star planet anyway, didnt add any way to gain those 1.5k and told us events would somehow make up for the lost points (which they don't).

we are going to get this change because the people who make the big decisions are not the people we constantly talk to, they are people in Korea, and these changes are general in-game system changes like all the recent stat changes post V update.

Just because it has happened in the past doesn't mean that a different outcome can't happen. Since KMS players do not favor this change as well there can be a possible over-turn.

I do feel quite a lot lacking to cater the Global region and I do what that changed. There has been too much being missed from player criticism and change is needed in accordance to that criticism.

Even if an outcome that is unfavorable is unavoidable, I believe it's always right to voice the concern so there is a mark left on it.

We have to continue to voice our concerns whenever necessary to forward criticism or else it'll be assumed that all is well. It will be over when it's over and we'll see the outcome for whatever the future holds.
  • YakudleYakudle
    Reactions: 2,085
    edited April 2017

Even if an outcome that is unfavorable is unavoidable, I believe it's always right to voice the concern so there is a mark left on it.

We have to continue to voice our concerns whenever necessary to forward criticism or else it'll be assumed that all is well. It will be over when it's over and we'll see the outcome for whatever the future holds.

it doesnt matter what the community wants tho nexon will do whatever they want to get money
    and they have tested it with many methods these years and go away with it because the player base just dont want the game to die... yet

just to name a few examples kishin removed then added as paid item,gamelauncher removal to promote other nexon games,
    effectively adding a gambling scheme to get people money with a "small chance for reward" thats what the potential system stands for
    the cubes dont even have any % rate of succes for a reason ... its just a temptation after all

but as long as "whales" are happy averything is fine
  • MonsterLifeMonsterLife
    Reactions: 570
    edited April 2017

Thank you,

Arwoooo~

Its not just nodestones, its other items as well. But the main concern is that if there are clear evidence of HUGE decline in amount of nodes/hr on KMS, and this was AFTER nodestone's base drop chance was reasonably buffed. It makes it pretty clear that other items will see a LARGE reduce chance to drop than currently. Some items players may be concerned about is the arcane symbols ( currently farming in lachelien) and the 3 new maps in arcana. Players farming anti-magic stones would also be greatly effected which i understand is very uncommon for anyone going for the unrewarding codex. But these are some items that players may be currently using drop rate gear on to farm and were not buffed/tested in KMS. However its its for certain that because they havent received buffed drop rates, that they would DEFINITELY be much harder to acquire than currently are. In fact i would say you're pretty luck to get 1 arcane symbol an hour currently at lachelein without any drop buffs/event/gear. Couldnt begin to imagine how difficult it would be to acquire after the changes.

Edit: I think most people are concerned mostly for nodestones as its many player's source of revenue and also players wanting to get farther into the game without spending a large amount of money.