[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Who must I speak with to have a rule edited?

Comments

• NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited April 2017
    KThxBaiNao wrote: »
    The previous CM requested that people stop talking about it. No additional rule was added. In some instances, direct questions require direct answers. I did not raise those questions but I did reply to them because they needed to be addressed sooner or later.

No, I'm pretty sure AKradian is right.

I did ask you to stop talking about the rule, and said that I'd lift it once I thought that things had cooled down, and nobody would bug you about posting about it.
    But as you can see, that time is not now.

Luckily for you, Arwoo is in charge of the forums now. He might lift it, but I would stick to PMing him, otherwise you risk annoying people even more. If you wait for the rule to get lifted, no one can stop you from talking about it, and they shouldn't bug you.

Dude, you almost gave me a heart attack! Well I mean, I was quite perturbed at the time but its mostly water under the bridge now. I am sure that I missed the part about the ban being lifted after things cooling down or an amount of time passed. If I hear/ heard news like that it would be music to my ears.
  • GirthquakeGirthquake
    Reactions: 350
    edited April 2017
    KThxBaiNao wrote: »
    The previous CM requested that people stop talking about it. No additional rule was added. In some instances, direct questions require direct answers. I did not raise those questions but I did reply to them because they needed to be addressed sooner or later.

No, I'm pretty sure AKradian is right.

I did ask you to stop talking about the rule, and said that I'd lift it once I thought that things had cooled down, and nobody would bug you about posting about it.
    But as you can see, that time is not now.

Luckily for you, Arwoo is in charge of the forums now. He might lift it, but I would stick to PMing him, otherwise you risk annoying people even more. If you wait for the rule to get lifted, no one can stop you from talking about it, and they shouldn't bug you.

unless he immediately returns to being an annoyance
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited April 2017
    You know, I've been thinking and even though I dont much like to see potentially disruptive posts in a thread it does raise a good point. If I cannot reply to the tough questions then is the rule that I ask about worthy of being changed? People who disagree are also members of the forum too so maybe it is appropriate for me to answers some of their concerns. I believe that it is within the code of conduct for me to respond here. If the rule is overturned or changed then I want to be transparent about it.
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I would honestly prefer the rule in question to stay as it seems the only threads you want to post on a daily or bi-weekly basis are those banned threads, you even went as far as to continue making threads after the "final thread to end it all" was made in our old forums and after you got an (or multiple) official response(s).

Even now, you only want to post about the banned topic, but all of that energy is being redirected to posting about the rule that bans that topic. based on what I see (and how frequent/infrequent you have been posting pre and post rule) I can only see you going back to making 5 threads + a week about the same topic but just trying to frame it differently.

this is going to be my only post in this thread,
    If you are going to make accusations then you should at least make sure that the facts are right.
    First this post is referencing a time when making said threads was allowed so there is nothing to complain about there.
    Once the topic was banned, I didnt make any more threads about it, although I did challenge the ban itself and questioned the decision, which is totally permitted.
    The official response was that the subject was undecided. Why do you think people where asking about it and making threads in the first place? It actually still is undecided, please don't spread bogus information like this.
    There is nothing wrong with questioning a rule that you disagree with or think to be unfair, I would encourage everyone to do so. (within reason)

I guess I'm gona have to break my word of not posting again because you still fail to understand.

you think that because the thread topic wasn't explicitly banned at that time, that it was still fine to make said thread even though the CM at the time had said for it to be the last thread. The fact that he had to further make a rule after making that thread that prohibits the creation of that topic after telling you to stop and giving a clear indication of where to post your old maple comments, you forced his hand in making that rule.

the official response you got once IIRC was "there are currently no plans for having an old maple/ Legacy server" or something like that (I could be remembering this incorrectly though and have no way or refreshing my memory cause of R.I.P. old forum viewing), otherwise you would get radio silence which you say "isn't a definite no" but honestly it's PR talk for "No" because they don't want to say anything definitive they may go back on later. It's not so much "undecided" as it is they just do not plan on working or devoting resources to that kind of project just for a niche NA group, or at least not in the current time.

I don't have problems with you questioning a rule so much as you not showing any restraint with your old maple posting addiction, as well as you flooding the forum with new threads that could all just be in the same thread because they are all on the same subject and pissing everyone else off, which is why the subject is banned in the first place.

If I believed you were capable of having enough control over yourself to stick to a single thread if the rule was lifted I wouldn't have much of a problem, but I just dont see you having that control with how you have acted in the recent past.
  • GirthquakeGirthquake
    Reactions: 350
    edited April 2017
    i dont get it man. why are you so obsessed with this? old maple sucked. look at lists of private servers, theres like one server older than v62 when pirates were added. there are actually a lot of servers that are keeping up to date with gms now. a couple even have 5th jobs
  • NeoTokyoDudeNeoTokyoDude
    Reactions: 1,240
    edited April 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    I guess I'm gona have to break my word of not posting again because you still fail to understand.

you think that because the thread topic wasn't explicitly banned at that time, that it was still fine to make said thread even though the CM at the time had said for it to be the last thread. The fact that he had to further make a rule after making that thread that prohibits the creation of that topic after telling you to stop and giving a clear indication of where to post your old maple comments, you forced his hand in making that rule.

the official response you got once IIRC was "there are currently no plans for having an old maple/ Legacy server" or something like that (I could be remembering this incorrectly though and have no way or refreshing my memory cause of R.I.P. old forum viewing), otherwise you would get radio silence which you say "isn't a definite no" but honestly it's PR talk for "No" because they don't want to say anything definitive they may go back on later. It's not so much "undecided" as it is they just do not plan on working or devoting resources to that kind of project just for a niche NA group, or at least not in the current time.

I don't have problems with you questioning a rule so much as you not showing any restraint with your old maple posting addiction, as well as you flooding the forum with new threads that could all just be in the same thread because they are all on the same subject and pissing everyone else off, which is why the subject is banned in the first place.

If I believed you were capable of having enough control over yourself to stick to a single thread if the rule was lifted I wouldn't have much of a problem, but I just dont see you having that control with how you have acted in the recent past.

I would strongly recommend fact checking before jumping to wild conclusions. If you had asked me, I could have told you straight away that you have been misinformed a lot about that topic.

The "final" thread did not come with any pre conditions, it only had the appearance of a normal one and there also seemed to have been a miscommunication about the thread itself.
    Furthermore, it was me who originally tried to make the request that there be a final thread. Why do you think I would do that?

The official response (which has been confirmed from multiple different sources) is that they have not made a firm decision either way and it is not currently a priority. I don't know where you got your information from but it is not accurate.

Next, people on the forums can speak for themselves, just because a few threads got ugly doesn't mean that everyone is in a rage. Before the forum move, discussion was successfully kept to one thread, so I would say that I am readily capable of demonstrating self control. On the old forum I already agreed that there were a lot of threads, I have even said as much in this very topic..

If your concern is about the risk of too many threads appearing then I will keep it in mind going forward, if the rule is ever revised. How does that sound?
    Girthquake wrote: »
    i dont get it man. why are you so obsessed with this? old maple sucked. look at lists of private servers, theres like one server older than v62 when pirates were added. there are actually a lot of servers that are keeping up to date with gms now. a couple even have 5th jobs
    Cool story bro but those are not even legal.