[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.229 On Air: An Absolute Unit Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Select / Quit Game Button?

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Just wondering, does anyone know why the Character Select button changed back to say Quit Game? I know it was Quit Game before but then it got changed, but now it's back?
(Quit Game -> "A Better Maple" update -> Character Select -> Recent Update -> Quit Game)???

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 2,925
    edited April 2017
    I wish we had a change character drop down menu. That way we could change characters without logging half way out.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 39,650
    Volunteer Forum Moderator, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    It still does the same thing: tries to send you back to world select, and usually crashes the client.
    I guess Nexon decided that "Quit Game" is more descriptive of what usually happens.
    Or maybe it's just one of those changes that get reverted at random when a new patch hits. Like we sometimes get Korean text back even though it was already translated previously. Or we get exploits unpatched...
    DaisukeHarutoBellamazedBXL
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    Change Character should just be to change your character in-game and Quit Game should just quit the game in my opinion...

Would be a lot more logical to add both options. And I also remember some time ago (year(s)) when I played EMS they had both features?
    BXL
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    It neither quits the game nor changes characters. It really should be called World Selection or Crash Client. Either would be a more accurate description of the actual functionality.

Far-fetched wish: Just log me out and take me to the login screen so I can switch accounts.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,520
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    The button in the old, pre-V UI was called "Quit Game".

When the UI was changed, it was changed to "Change Character". I cannot give a reason why beyond speculation, although I do know that there were several players who complained about the change of the name. I know specifically because I had to instruct people on how to locate the button with the new name.

I also don't know why it was changed back. It may have been a simple translation choice, or a conscious effort that didn't seem worth mentioning, or anything.

Either way, the buttons do the same thing and it's only a minor text change.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 2,925
    edited April 2017
    Still we crash far to often when attempting to change to a different character.
    IvangoldBellamazedBXL
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Still we crash far to often when attempting to change to a different character.

When i don't crash i'm reliefed, it's annoying to crash when switching chars, at least now i'm not crashing constantly, still bad that it happens.
    Bellamazed
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The button in the old, pre-V UI was called "Quit Game".

When the UI was changed, it was changed to "Change Character". I cannot give a reason why beyond speculation, although I do know that there were several players who complained about the change of the name. I know specifically because I had to instruct people on how to locate the button with the new name.

I also don't know why it was changed back. It may have been a simple translation choice, or a conscious effort that didn't seem worth mentioning, or anything.

Either way, the buttons do the same thing and it's only a minor text change.

Wait then, is it going to change back? Or change to something else? "Quit Game" doesn't really make sense, like the others in this thread pointed out... O_o
  • ElinstarElinstar
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2017
    I like being able to change characters so much faster without logging out. I wish that it could be even faster, but I understand the need for security measures each time, having to use PIC every time. Still it's faster than the way I used to have to re-login every time when I used the game launcher.