[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Character Select / Quit Game Button?

BXLBXL
Reactions: 870
edited April 2017 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
Just wondering, does anyone know why the Character Select button changed back to say Quit Game? I know it was Quit Game before but then it got changed, but now it's back?
(Quit Game -> "A Better Maple" update -> Character Select -> Recent Update -> Quit Game)???

Comments

• CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited April 2017
    I wish we had a change character drop down menu. That way we could change characters without logging half way out.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2017
    It still does the same thing: tries to send you back to world select, and usually crashes the client.
    I guess Nexon decided that "Quit Game" is more descriptive of what usually happens.
    Or maybe it's just one of those changes that get reverted at random when a new patch hits. Like we sometimes get Korean text back even though it was already translated previously. Or we get exploits unpatched...
    DaisukeHarutoBellamazedBXL
  • SesomSlayerSesomSlayer
    Reactions: 1,185
    edited April 2017
    Change Character should just be to change your character in-game and Quit Game should just quit the game in my opinion...

Would be a lot more logical to add both options. And I also remember some time ago (year(s)) when I played EMS they had both features?
    BXL
  • BellamazedBellamazed
    Reactions: 1,235
    edited April 2017
    It neither quits the game nor changes characters. It really should be called World Selection or Crash Client. Either would be a more accurate description of the actual functionality.

Far-fetched wish: Just log me out and take me to the login screen so I can switch accounts.
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited April 2017
    The button in the old, pre-V UI was called "Quit Game".

When the UI was changed, it was changed to "Change Character". I cannot give a reason why beyond speculation, although I do know that there were several players who complained about the change of the name. I know specifically because I had to instruct people on how to locate the button with the new name.

I also don't know why it was changed back. It may have been a simple translation choice, or a conscious effort that didn't seem worth mentioning, or anything.

Either way, the buttons do the same thing and it's only a minor text change.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited April 2017
    Still we crash far to often when attempting to change to a different character.
    IvangoldBellamazedBXL
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    edited April 2017
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Still we crash far to often when attempting to change to a different character.

When i don't crash i'm reliefed, it's annoying to crash when switching chars, at least now i'm not crashing constantly, still bad that it happens.
    Bellamazed
  • BXLBXL
    Reactions: 870
    edited April 2017
    Neospector wrote: »
    The button in the old, pre-V UI was called "Quit Game".

When the UI was changed, it was changed to "Change Character". I cannot give a reason why beyond speculation, although I do know that there were several players who complained about the change of the name. I know specifically because I had to instruct people on how to locate the button with the new name.

I also don't know why it was changed back. It may have been a simple translation choice, or a conscious effort that didn't seem worth mentioning, or anything.

Either way, the buttons do the same thing and it's only a minor text change.

Wait then, is it going to change back? Or change to something else? "Quit Game" doesn't really make sense, like the others in this thread pointed out... O_o
  • ElinstarElinstar
    Reactions: 600
    edited April 2017
    I like being able to change characters so much faster without logging out. I wish that it could be even faster, but I understand the need for security measures each time, having to use PIC every time. Still it's faster than the way I used to have to re-login every time when I used the game launcher.