[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

is Afterlands worth doing???

QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
Reactions: 1,750
edited April 2017 in General Chat
after seeing all these threads about afterlands and I wonder to myself why are people doing this and what the reward is for so before I do it I want to know if its worth doing if I have high level equips like Fafnir boss equips, around lv 100 rings and accessory's and all gold Halloween totem. do you people think its worth doing let me know because I'm lv 209 and I'm curious what I'm I saying anymore D:

Comments

• bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,610
    Nexon
    edited April 2017
    YES.

If not for the rewards just the story and atmosphere are enough a reason to do it. It's a very enjoyable theme dungeon and i highly encourage participating in it

Though it would appear there is a bug when trying to finish the last quest after collecting the required items, be aware of that.
    PirateIzzyIts2Sharp4UOpambourFuhreakYinYangX
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited April 2017
    It gives 3 totems at a cost of a few hours of doing fetch quests and all that. There are some puzzle thingys going around so if you want to skip all that search for a guide. It gives +20 to 3 of your stats ( you can choose what stats. 20stat / totem ) and 31 att/m.att. Not bad for a couple of hours.
  • wilmawilma
    Reactions: 305
    edited April 2017
    if you log out before finishing you l get stuck same as me and dc within 3 sec from maple
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 2,065
    edited April 2017
    I had some issues on reboot with it. Wasn't able to go back. In normal servers doe i did it pretty fast, no bugs, no dcs. Guess was lucky?
  • QuickDrawerQuickDrawer
    Reactions: 1,750
    edited April 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    It gives 3 totems at a cost of a few hours of doing fetch quests and all that. There are some puzzle thingys going around so if you want to skip all that search for a guide. It gives +20 to 3 of your stats ( you can choose what stats. 20stat / totem ) and 31 att/m.att. Not bad for a couple of hours.

so are the totems like better than the gold Halloween totems? and are the stats like equipment because I'm mainly focusing on end game here
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited April 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »

so are the totems like better than the gold Halloween totems? and are the stats like equipment because I'm mainly focusing on end game here

A totem gives +20 to a main stat and 7 w./m. ATT; equipping 3 totems will earn you a +10 W./M. Att bonus
    Opambour
  • ChrisJGChrisJG
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018

I checked the old archives on the Madhouse event and no, the Afterlands totems don't give as much of your Primary Stat as the trinity of the Madhouse Totems(20 vs. 82) but they give more attack power(31 vs. 22), but not by much. The plus side is that you can get these totems for your character at any time. And, unlike the other in-game totems(the Shanghai set), they are permanent so you don't have to do the farming again every 30 days. Unless you want to wait for Sengoku High to return in 2019 and farm coins there to get the trinity of Sengoku character totems(which are the best totems in the game, by far), the Afterlands totems are probably your best bet for those who are unfunded. (There are also the Alishan Totems but you have to do daily in that theme area to get enough coins to trade for them, and they are weaker, more suited for those who take it at initial level(Level 33) than Level 75.
  • ChrisJGChrisJG
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2018
    Also forgot to add this: If you decide to go for the Afterlands quest to level your character up, do it before you hit Level 120. I did it on my Arcania main at Level 115 and got three levels out of the experience from all the quests. However, I did it just recently with my Level 172 Reboot main and he did't get 1/6 of the experience to another level.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited December 2018
    Why would you necro a year and a half old topic for your very first posts?
    YinYangX
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited December 2018
    is afterland even that good, I did it for 10 mins and felt not too into it. I mean hope your thing get fix but it doesnt seem like a great quest. You might have better options lmao. But yea I say look for another quest or buy marvel, "good luck :D "

RizaSaika#8726
    Riza Saika (bera-Leader of Dragontribe)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the people)
    Riza Saika (ms community- Voice of the Voiceless)
    Riza Saika (ms community Malcolm X)