[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.222 16th Anniversary: Hotel Maple Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Posts: 83
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Gargula hear me out, just because you finished a part on this event (congrats by the way) doesn't mean everyone can complete it with your perception of ease. Somewhere a few replies ago someone quoted this exact same thing to someone else who posted a similar video with similar comments. And even you have to admit that spending almost and hour and a half to save ONE droid is a bit criminal. A mapler can complete the entire Hiezan theme dungeon within the same time range, and that means re-running it three times with Hayato, Kanna, and Ayame.
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula hear me out, just because you finished a part on this event (congrats by the way) doesn't mean everyone can complete it with your perception of ease. Somewhere a few replies ago someone quoted this exact same thing to someone else who posted a similar video with similar comments. And even you have to admit that spending almost and hour and a half to save ONE droid is a bit criminal. A mapler can complete the entire Hiezan theme dungeon within the same time range, and that means re-running it three times with Hayato, Kanna, and Ayame.

    But it really is easy. I mean, B4 is a bit boring, but B3 and B2 are pretty easy. The real problem is B1 (and of course the bugs), and its lasers and gas. In the gas part you just need to practice, I can't deny it, but when you understand its mechanics, it's fairly easy. As for the moving lasers, you just need to use the technique the guy in the second video used.

    And I don't think it's criminal an hour and a half, since you can only save 1 android a day.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Posts: 209
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    This would have been way better if we didn't have to walk back all the way back to B1 after making it to the end.. it is hell to go back especially at the steam part

    i'm starting to lose it..
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Ah yes, watch these videos and have perfect vision-finger coordination and good luck magically downloaded into your head.

    "But luck? What does luck have to do with anything? All you need is practice!" Lemme show you some things.

    Abject horror

    NPxVmrx.png

    I got this while I was midway through the B4 laser conveyer belt. When I was first starting, this part was tough as fudge so I was pretty angry and then I was instilled with a fear this would happen again. It did but in different forms.

    The Opposite of Stealthy

    xmEipxX.png

    This gem I got most recently when I was almost at the end of B4, practically to the portal out when this piece of turd popped up in my face apropos to nothing.

    Wicked Hangnail

    lybmOcS.png

    This beaut was when I was fighting a guard past the steam conveyer in B1 the first time I cleared that thing and I broke open a box in the way. I was incandescent with rage.

    Skills is one thing but these are absolutely one of the stupidest things I've ever seen implemented. "How else can we screw over players? Oh yes! Put in these random pop-up things that they have no way of knowing will come or be able to prevent that forces them to start aaall the way to the beginning because obviously, we haven't made these things hard enough for most players already."

    Do you understand why I'm pissed?

    If you managed to go through this hell event with sanity intact, great, congratulations. But for the love of gawd, please stop shoving videos into people's faces like it's somehow the answer to the fundamental problem of this bug-filled piece of turd event. They're meant to be guides, not something that could somehow make this event any less bulldump for people who aren't as good as you in this/have time to humor this.
    Hakufudeadend5193PirateIzzyRolls
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Posts: 209
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    After like 7-8 hours in total from two days, I finally rescued the first wonderoid Aster... my god it was a nightmare

    The investigation mode gets unlocked after and it somewhat makes up for the suffer because investigation mode allows you to gain a good amount of wonderoid coins and profession items (its the better version like premium hair wax and extra strength hand sanitizer) and not the regular ones
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Ah yes, watch these videos and have perfect vision-finger coordination and good luck magically downloaded into your head.

    "But luck? What does luck have to do with anything? All you need is practice!" Lemme show you some things.

    Abject horror

    NPxVmrx.png

    I got this while I was midway through the B4 laser conveyer belt. When I was first starting, this part was tough as fudge so I was pretty angry and then I was instilled with a fear this would happen again. It did but in different forms.

    The Opposite of Stealthy

    xmEipxX.png

    This gem I got most recently when I was almost at the end of B4, practically to the portal out when this piece of turd popped up in my face apropos to nothing.

    Wicked Hangnail

    lybmOcS.png

    This beaut was when I was fighting a guard past the steam conveyer in B1 the first time I cleared that thing and I broke open a box in the way. I was incandescent with rage.

    Skills is one thing but these are absolutely one of the stupidest things I've ever seen implemented. "How else can we screw over players? Oh yes! Put in these random pop-up things that they have no way of knowing will come or be able to prevent that forces them to start aaall the way to the beginning because obviously, we haven't made these things hard enough for most players already."

    Do you understand why I'm pissed?

    If you managed to go through this hell event with sanity intact, great, congratulations. But for the love of gawd, please stop shoving videos into people's faces like it's somehow the answer to the fundamental problem of this bug-filled piece of turd event. They're meant to be guides, not something that could somehow make this event any less bulldump for people who aren't as good as you in this/have time to humor this.

    Yea, it is full of bugs, but those videos can help ppl. All you're doing is complaining. Send a ticket (you probably already did this) about those bugs like I did.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Yea, it is full of bugs, but those videos can help ppl. All you're doing is complaining. Send a ticket (you probably already did this) about those bugs like I did.

    You are perfectly missing the point of what I'm trying to say and I don't understand how pointing out the flaws in this event is "complaining". You're basically dismissing everything wrong with this event by boxing it up into "complaining". So let me reiterate.

    1. The jump quests are too hard for most people to reasonably be able to finish. A few instances here and there of people able to complete this with ease doesn't mean the majority has that same ease of completion. If it were like that, this thread wouldn't have 5 pages of people unable to complete the JQ after hours of attempts.

    2. The random events that happen in the middle of the JQ are poorly thought out considering the difficulty of this JQ, it's game-breaking.

    3. Videos are meant to serve as guides. This means that while you'll know what to expect and get some helpful tips, it doesn't mean you'll automatically gain the skills to finish.

    4. The bugs

    5. No checkpoints or ways to save progress means things that players cannot control (such as DC'ing) or one small mistake costs them the time it took to get to the point they did and considering how most people find it difficult, this is indeed a very costly thing.

    If you disagree, please do share why you think this event isn't so bad and try not to have your argument consist of "you're complaining."
    VimiWatcherCCGHakufuthatplantPirateIzzyRolls
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Yea, it is full of bugs, but those videos can help ppl. All you're doing is complaining. Send a ticket (you probably already did this) about those bugs like I did.

    You are perfectly missing the point of what I'm trying to say and I don't understand how pointing out the flaws in this event is "complaining". You're basically dismissing everything wrong with this event by boxing it up into "complaining". So let me reiterate.

    1. The jump quests are too hard for most people to reasonably be able to finish. A few instances here and there of people able to complete this with ease doesn't mean the majority has that same ease of completion. If it were like that, this thread wouldn't have 5 pages of people unable to complete the JQ after hours of attempts.

    2. The random events that happen in the middle of the JQ are poorly thought out considering the difficulty of this JQ, it's game-breaking.

    3. Videos are meant to serve as guides. This means that while you'll know what to expect and get some helpful tips, it doesn't mean you'll automatically gain the skills to finish.

    4. The bugs

    5. No checkpoints or ways to save progress means things that players cannot control (such as DC'ing) or one small mistake costs them the time it took to get to the point they did and considering how most people find it difficult, this is indeed a very costly thing.

    If you disagree, please do share why you think this event isn't so bad and try not to have your argument consist of "you're complaining."

    And still complaining. It took me 7 hours to rescue the first one, yea, it was a nightmare. BUT, I learned the mechs through some videos and lots of pain and suffering.
    Like I said before, IT IS full of bugs. But aside from that, you can finish the JQ with the other androids in 1-1:30 hours. Try to be logical, analyse the videos, analyse the gas pattern, the laser pattern (as showed in the second video I posted b4) and etc. But again, excluding the fact that you could DC/crash during the JQ.

    And I agree that there should be some kind of checkpoint if you DC/Crash.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    And still complaining. It took me 7 hours to rescue the first one, yea, it was a nightmare. BUT, I learned the mechs through some videos and lots of pain and suffering.
    Like I said before, IT IS full of bugs. But aside from that, you can finish the JQ with the other androids in 1-1:30 hours. Try to be logical, analyse the videos, analyse the gas pattern, the laser pattern (as showed in the second video I posted b4) and etc. But again, excluding the fact that you could DC/crash during the JQ.

    And I agree that there should be some kind of checkpoint if you DC/Crash.

    Well then, I'll keep complaining if you see it that way. I don't care anymore what you call it.

    No one should have to put in 7 hours into a piece of content that's supposed to be fun and/or challenging (this is a game, after all, with nice virtual prizes. It shouldn't be tackled like it's a day at your job, anxiety and rage and all. Some people don't have that kind of time to dedicate to this) That is exactly what's wrong. By your own admission, it was a nightmare. Seven hours' worth. The fact that you don't see anything wrong with how much time you spent and continue to defend this event kind of raises an incredulous brow from me.
    WatcherCCGHakufuPirateIzzy
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 970
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula, you're still not getting what Kumo is trying to tell you: JQ masters like you are an extreme minority of Maplers, and always have been, going back to the days of Zakum and the Sleepywood tree. Most people who go into this event, even with guides, do not have the reflexes in their fingers and the micromanagement ability to keep up with everything, or the patience to sit there and waste their entire day trying to complete this four-level nightmare that looks like it crawled out of a private server, nevermind doing it five or six more times. Your videos help people. No disputing that. But every player is radically different, and most do not have the skills required for a JQ on this level, nevermind the bugs, and the fact that, this being a limited-time event with a deadline, however lengthy it seems to you personally, adds additional stress to these people already struggling with the quest.

    Try to look at this from the perspective of an average skill level, not your own, as I think it's safe to say yours is not, and I mean that as a compliment.
    deadend5193Kat27
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    And still complaining. It took me 7 hours to rescue the first one, yea, it was a nightmare. BUT, I learned the mechs through some videos and lots of pain and suffering.
    Like I said before, IT IS full of bugs. But aside from that, you can finish the JQ with the other androids in 1-1:30 hours. Try to be logical, analyse the videos, analyse the gas pattern, the laser pattern (as showed in the second video I posted b4) and etc. But again, excluding the fact that you could DC/crash during the JQ.

    And I agree that there should be some kind of checkpoint if you DC/Crash.

    Well then, I'll keep complaining if you see it that way. I don't care anymore what you call it.

    No one should have to put in 7 hours into a piece of content that's supposed to be fun and/or challenging (this is a game, after all, with nice virtual prizes. It shouldn't be tackled like it's a day at your job, anxiety and rage and all. Some people don't have that kind of time to dedicate to this) That is exactly what's wrong. By your own admission, it was a nightmare. Do you think it was worth it? Would you be willing to do it again? The fact that you don't see anything wrong with how much time you spent and continue to defend this event kind of raises an incredulous brow from me.

    Hellye boi, 12 stars, leg pot, perma heart, cute android. And it's just ONE day. I spent 7 hours to practice and get what I wanted. You still have 24-25 days of event to finish it. BUT, like you mentioned, it depends, maybe those who are casual, have a time-consuming job, have finals, exams, etc, may not be able to complete it.
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Hellye boi, 12 stars, leg pot, perma heart, cute android. And it's just ONE day. I spent 7 hours to practice and get what I wanted. You still have 24-25 days of event to finish it. BUT, like you mentioned, it depends, maybe those who are casual, have a time-consuming job, have finals, exams, etc, may not be able to complete it.

    Good on you. You think it's worth it. Most people disagree and would like for this to be made easier. I still don't know why you think the flaws I pointed out is "complaining" other than the sheer reason that YOU managed to put in 7 hours and complete this, but you do you and let me keep "complaining".
    WatcherCCG
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Hellye boi, 12 stars, leg pot, perma heart, cute android. And it's just ONE day. I spent 7 hours to practice and get what I wanted. You still have 24-25 days of event to finish it. BUT, like you mentioned, it depends, maybe those who are casual, have a time-consuming job, have finals, exams, etc, may not be able to complete it.

    Good on you. You think it's worth it. Most people disagree and would like for this to be made easier. I still don't know why you think the flaws I pointed out is "complaining" other than the sheer reason that YOU managed to put in 7 hours and complete this, but you do you and let me keep "complaining".

    Without any bug, crash/DC/Lag issue and a checkpoint upon crashing/DCing, do you think it'd be doable and fair?
  • WatcherCCGWatcherCCG
    Reactions: 970
    Posts: 42
    Member
    edited May 2017
    I'm going to add that they need to remove the oneshot damage on the map hazards, as well. JQs are meant to punish mistakes, sure, but I can't think of one I've experienced that can instantly kill a player with something other than fall damage, (unless the Black Haven JQ does it, haven't leveled high enough to see that hell).
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Without any bug, crash/DC/Lag issue and a checkpoint upon crashing/DCing, do you think it'd be doable and fair?

    No, because

    1. There's still the fact that those random android breakdowns happen that forces you to start over. As I've said, they're unpredictable and they cannot be prevented.

    2. A checkpoint shouldn't be made ONLY if you crash or DC. They should be made at various crucial intervals. People should also be allowed to exit the level or game without having to restart the entire 4 floors.

    I acknowledge everyone has different skill levels for these JQ's and you cannot cater to everyone. The androids and hearts are great prizes and they shouldn't be easily gotten, but that isn't to say that something that's supposed to be challenging should be turned into a nightmare by the sheer fact that things beyond a player's control happen such as life or a simple DC.

    However, the reason I'm even making a racket is because the event DOES have bugs, the game DOES crash/DC/lag without a safety net to save your progress, and it DOES have the bulldung random android breakdowns. When those things are addressed, I'll concede. But until then, I'll keep banging pots.
    WatcherCCG
  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Without any bug, crash/DC/Lag issue and a checkpoint upon crashing/DCing, do you think it'd be doable and fair?

    No, because

    1. There's still the fact that those random android breakdowns happen that forces you to start over. As I've said, they're unpredictable and they cannot be prevented.

    2. A checkpoint shouldn't be made ONLY if you crash or DC. They should be made at various crucial intervals. People should also be allowed to exit the level or game without having to restart the entire 4 floors.

    I acknowledge everyone has different skill levels for these JQ's and you cannot cater to everyone. The androids and hearts are great prizes and they shouldn't be easily gotten, but that isn't to say that something that's supposed to be challenging should be turned into a nightmare by the sheer fact that things beyond a player's control happen such as life or a simple DC.

    However, the reason I'm even making a racket is because the event DOES have bugs, the game DOES crash/DC/lag without a safety net to save your progress, and it DOES have the bulldung random android breakdowns. When those things are addressed, I'll concede. But until then, I'll keep banging pots.

    Now I can understand your points. We shall end this discussion now, send tickets, create forum posts and hope for the best.
    WatcherCCG
  • TooFab4UTooFab4U
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 8
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    It's really easy actually. I mean, c'mon, I finished Roxxy in 1 hour and 20 mins. Watch these videos, guys.

    It's funny because this second video actually shows them getting hit but being able to survive for some mythical reason. I'm sure if everybody had second chances like that they'd be less mad at how dumb this JQ is. The lasers are difficult to read and the hitboxes and timing on the steam are ridiculous to read when you're trying to backtrack, especially by jumping your way through the conveyor belt.

    Also the fact that there is no checkpoint at the false ending on B1 is extremely irritating, meaning that you're wasting so much time if you do die and restart.

    The whole "joke failure" things are also truly terrible game design, sure you get coins for it, but you get pushed all the way back to the start because of some unknown "mistake" that you made. Yet they discount those "mistakes" in future runs, meaning that those failures shouldn't have existed in the first place and solely exist to infuriate and waste time. If they wanted to throw in a couple jokes here and there, then give us a small pop up on the side of the screen and don't reset the mission.

  • GargulaGargula
    Reactions: 855
    Posts: 71
    Member
    edited May 2017
    TooFab4U wrote: »
    Gargula wrote: »
    It's really easy actually. I mean, c'mon, I finished Roxxy in 1 hour and 20 mins. Watch these videos, guys.

    It's funny because this second video actually shows them getting hit but being able to survive for some mythical reason. I'm sure if everybody had second chances like that they'd be less mad at how dumb this JQ is. The lasers are difficult to read and the hitboxes and timing on the steam are ridiculous to read when you're trying to backtrack, especially by jumping your way through the conveyor belt.

    Also the fact that there is no checkpoint at the false ending on B1 is extremely irritating, meaning that you're wasting so much time if you do die and restart.

    The whole "joke failure" things are also truly terrible game design, sure you get coins for it, but you get pushed all the way back to the start because of some unknown "mistake" that you made. Yet they discount those "mistakes" in future runs, meaning that those failures shouldn't have existed in the first place and solely exist to infuriate and waste time. If they wanted to throw in a couple jokes here and there, then give us a small pop up on the side of the screen and don't reset the mission.



    Go to 3:29mins, that's the trick. You chose a place to focus on, you analyse when the laser will turn off at that place and then you go to that place and stand still.
    And then at the moment the laser turns off, you walk and gg.
  • UnforgivennnUnforgivennn
    Reactions: 1,555
    Posts: 209
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Gargula wrote: »
    Without any bug, crash/DC/Lag issue and a checkpoint upon crashing/DCing, do you think it'd be doable and fair?

    No, because

    1. There's still the fact that those random android breakdowns happen that forces you to start over. As I've said, they're unpredictable and they cannot be prevented.

    2. A checkpoint shouldn't be made ONLY if you crash or DC. They should be made at various crucial intervals. People should also be allowed to exit the level or game without having to restart the entire 4 floors.

    I acknowledge everyone has different skill levels for these JQ's and you cannot cater to everyone. The androids and hearts are great prizes and they shouldn't be easily gotten, but that isn't to say that something that's supposed to be challenging should be turned into a nightmare by the sheer fact that things beyond a player's control happen such as life or a simple DC.

    However, the reason I'm even making a racket is because the event DOES have bugs, the game DOES crash/DC/lag without a safety net to save your progress, and it DOES have the bulldung random android breakdowns. When those things are addressed, I'll concede. But until then, I'll keep banging pots.

    You do realize that the android breakdowns and accidents are necessary right? You have to discover them all at least once and then that's it

    It won't happen again after that and you also get aspire coins for encountering them
  • PhoenixKumoPhoenixKumo
    Reactions: 2,730
    Posts: 266
    Member
    edited May 2017
    You do realize that the android breakdowns and accidents are necessary right? You have to discover them all at least once and then that's it

    It won't happen again after that and you also get aspire coins for encountering them

    Necessary in what way? How could being forced to restart a whole level be "necessary"? If they wanted to use this, they could just as easily make popups and NOT have you restart a whole level. They could make you punch in a combo of keyboard keys and fix them on the spot so you could go on your merry way. Or you could CHOOSE whether to engage in a breakdown. Or you could get a "fun fact: android breakdowns" the first time you complete a level. The ways they could do this better is limitless.

    The same incident may not happen again, but there are others hidden in places you don't expect and they pop up when you wouldn't expect it and you don't even know how many of these incidents you'll encounter so yeah, I'd say that even if you don't get the same thing happening again, it might as well be happening over and over again because they have the same result.