[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.220 Moonlight Magic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Anyone else think the wonderoid thing is too hard?

Comments

  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 1,900
    Posts: 336
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Ah TMS, from MMF and this you give us some of the most unfair and brutal things that make us want to quit.
  • TheOutlanderTheOutlander
    Reactions: 1,230
    Posts: 83
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Isn't obvious, I'm convinced by this point that Nexon uses bots to play test their events.
  • thrakkesthrakkes
    Reactions: 1,815
    Posts: 344
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Is it me or I am the only one going to laser section? o-0 Anyways in that part if i fail the big jump with rope (or even if i pass cuz there is another one farther which is impossible), i send android the farthest possible to left with teleport and D command in laser part, then I go to bottom on conveyor belt and I take ladder and continue. I might send a video of how I do it later, of course it's gonna be B1 of other roid rescues, because after saving 1 roid, the others are harder to save. Maps very similar but with some more difficulties and more accidents (more extra coins).
  • PengyPengy
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 3
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Hiya, I made a full runthrough guide for Rhea. While this isn't a video for Aster, every non-Aster rescue is roughly the same, where the main differences are the accident reports. If you don't want to be surprised by an accident report after clearing 50%+ of a stage, I suggest you intentionally trigger the accident report sooner, as they only occur once. Pretty much everything that is done in a non-Aster rescue is applicable in Aster's rescue.

    Rhea full:


    Aster B1:


    As for portions of the jq that I'm seeing most people struggle with, a few tips:

    B4 lasers - only cross a laser as its animation is ending - see 1:34 in the Rhea video for non-Aster's equivalent. Note that Aster's rescue has a safe spot after the first laser, and you aren't required to jump onto the next belt. Aster only: I found it easier to pick up Aster rather than have her jump off the end of the conveyor belt. Just make sure not to throw her too soon.
    B1 gas - take it easy, particularly for those still struggling with Aster. The top gas has a shorter interval than the bottom gas, so keep that in mind when deciding when to move. Quite frankly, the only way to pass through this section is practice and being able to recognize when and where you should move, and when you should not. Note that the gas for non-Aster rescues is different from Aster's, and that there are 2 variants.
    B1 lasers - While I do know that some people prefer going reverse on the conveyor belt, I can tell you that the moving lasers are MUCH easier once you understand how they work. As for how they work, moving lasers have 3 patterns on loop. You need to be able to recognize the different patterns in order to pass. See 10:54 in my Rhea video, I slow down the footage so you can see exactly when it is safe to pass.

    (B2 and B3 are relatively straightforward)

    1F - if you make it this far, firstly, congratulations. The main thing here is to not get bugged out by dying as you enter the exit portal. If you get bugged out, you will have to restart the entire JQ from B4. How do you avoid this? You kill the guards before they kill you. The guards do not spawn as you trigger the quicktime event at each gate; they spawn when you get really close. See 18:16 in my Rhea video for an example. I also suggest you grab an HP regen familiar such as Mano if you do not have stance and/or natural hp regen. Yeah, familiars do despawn really quickly, but you can continuously summon them until your hp replenishes.

    Hopefully this helps those of you who are still struggling.
    TheHoANeospector
  • TomerTopTomerTop
    Reactions: 770
    Posts: 11
    Member
    edited May 2017
    By the way, just managed to finish B1 on Aster and saved her.
    just git gud guys kappa
    no, seriously, it was hellish.

    WAIT
    THERE ARE 8 ANDORIDS? I THOUGHT THERE WERE ONLY 4
    JESUS CHRIST
  • ZqribbleZqribble
    Reactions: 515
    Posts: 10
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Well regarding the thread topic, I do believe the difficulty could be turned down a notch. I put in several hours trying to complete this thing and I found it a bit too tedious for what the event can/will yield. Challenges are fun and I found it infuriating "thrilling" to take part. But if a large portion of the player base is struggling to complete it or get any sort of enjoyment from it, then I believe that's grounds for modification. Despite having completed a few rescues, I do agree that an event like this shouldn't largely revolve around a nearly impossible JQ for a lot of people and barring them from participating any further if they can't overcome that one aspect.

    I'll agree in part that it does take some practice and muscle memory for certain instances but some people just lack the reflexes/hand-eye coordination to complete the course. Aside from fixing the bugs,glitches etc. that a lot of people seem to be having, the one thing I would modify is to checkpoint at the end of B1 before having to about face back towards the beginning. It'd mostly be a tremendous time savor from those pesky steam pipes. That and being able to leave from and return to the mission from where you left off.

    Good guide Pengy. It helped.
  • TheHoATheHoA
    Reactions: 1,900
    Posts: 336
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Pengy wrote: »
    Hiya, I made a full runthrough guide for Rhea. While this isn't a video for Aster, every non-Aster rescue is roughly the same, where the main differences are the accident reports. If you don't want to be surprised by an accident report after clearing 50%+ of a stage, I suggest you intentionally trigger the accident report sooner, as they only occur once. Pretty much everything that is done in a non-Aster rescue is applicable in Aster's rescue.

    Rhea full:


    1F - if you make it this far, firstly, congratulations. The main thing here is to not get bugged out by dying as you enter the exit portal. If you get bugged out, you will have to restart the entire JQ from B4. How do you avoid this? You kill the guards before they kill you. The guards do not spawn as you trigger the quicktime event at each gate; they spawn when you get really close. See 18:16 in my Rhea video for an example. I also suggest you grab an HP regen familiar such as Mano if you do not have stance and/or natural hp regen. Yeah, familiars do despawn really quickly, but you can continuously summon them until your hp replenishes.

    Thanks for this - it showed me that only B4 got changed a lot. (even B1 barely felt different, maybe even slightly easier) Also I didn't know about that thing on 1F
  • LadysioLadysio
    Reactions: 1,215
    Posts: 94
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Not gona lie i did this event on my kanna main 1 time and thats it, farmed the rest of the coins in the mobs place...let me just be clear on this, 10 2x drop coupons for 40 coins last 1 hour, kenshin the map, 15 mins x5 times +the extra ticket=893 coins for day 1, day 2: 1032(got into the last map+boss kill), day 3:(4th map with multi layer guards at entrance to asire) 1203... yeah got my android and heart in 3 days of just grinding now im literally grinding to buy out all the other items and that damage skin is the most gorgeous damage skin i have ever seen in maple well worth the price!
  • SilvaSilva
    Reactions: 1,085
    Posts: 110
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Yep. After nearly 4 hours, i quitted. FOUR HOURS. No minigame should take that long. NEVER.
    B1 is just...broken. I don't even know what u recieve if you complete it.
    I can't do it. My eyes hurt. My fingers are numb. Parokour /platforming in MS. Who the fk thought that was a good idea?

    4 HOURS? That's nothing, I spent more than 30 hours on the Jump Quests and finally completed it on the 2nd day. The key is patience.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Silva wrote: »
    Retr0_ wrote: »
    Yep. After nearly 4 hours, i quitted. FOUR HOURS. No minigame should take that long. NEVER.
    B1 is just...broken. I don't even know what u recieve if you complete it.
    I can't do it. My eyes hurt. My fingers are numb. Parokour /platforming in MS. Who the fk thought that was a good idea?

    4 HOURS? That's nothing, I spent more than 30 hours on the Jump Quests and finally completed it on the 2nd day. The key is patience.

    Still shouldn't be that dang hard. =3=
  • Retr0_Retr0_
    Reactions: 1,655
    Posts: 142
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Now that i've completed it a couple of times, it takes roughly 30 mins for a full run.
    First time doe....nightmare mode. But still, i find it a tiny bit addicting.
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Posts: 1,165
    Nexon
    edited May 2017
    as much as this event infuriates me, i still love it tbh. i'm happy having a jump quest actually be difficult in the game, it's been so long since I've had a challenge.
  • RewasabRewasab
    Reactions: 500
    Posts: 12
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Fennekin wrote: »
    There should really be checkpoints between floors... I appreciated that they're trying something a lot more interesting than collecting spammy event drops, but goddamn lol.

    I dunno, maybe we're complaining too early? I remember a lot of people complaining about MMF, but it turned out there were a lot of cheesy tricks you could do to fudge your way through it lol. Granted, each MMF level was only 2 mins, while these seem like they take longer per attempt...

    Also, are the wondroids voiced? Are they the generic "You must be my boss! teehee" ones? If they have unique voices, I might need them...

    Sorry to dissapoint you but they do have the same silly voice as all other androids, which is a real shame, i bought the Rheadroid and was very dissapointed after hearing that voice.
    Ill probably buy a male one too, just to check if the voice is the same.
    And for everyone complaining about the difficulty. I think the difficulty is just fine, after all before this the only option to get a similar heart was to spend billions of mesos or get lucky with marvel after spending real money, i had been using the STAR heart from the zombie infection event so im glad i get the chance to do this and get an excellent heart for free, however, there is still an important complaint i have, actually 2 complaints:

    - There are a lot of bugs, from falling to the floor to dying after completing a stage and getting stuck in limbo, you can't expect people to deal with the harsh difficulty and a whole lot of bugs at the same time
    - Some of the insta-game overs for the wondroids have no way of actually predicting or avoiding them, this is specially true for Aster, which is cruel considering Aster is the "tutorial" part of the jq and its the most cruel with its wondroid game overs (you literally get a game over in B4 just for walking into the goal portal without any way of knowing that would happen) imagine all the people that are busting their butts to do the first level of the jq, and when they finally succeed at avoiding the spiked wall they get returned to the begining without them being able to do anything about it.

    Mind you, after you finish the JQ for the first time, you get used to the crap the game throws at you and become very profficient at staying one step in front of the game
    i've already completed the JQ 7 times, yesterday alone i did 2 entire runs in less than an hour, dying only once in each run. if you manage to overcome the difficulty spike of B1 you will see that the JQ gets dissturbingly easy on further attempts. i know most people can do this, you still have time, keep trying! watch some of the video guides, you will succeed! i know you guys can do it!
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Ladysio wrote: »
    Not gona lie i did this event on my kanna main 1 time and thats it, farmed the rest of the coins in the mobs place...let me just be clear on this, 10 2x drop coupons for 40 coins last 1 hour, kenshin the map, 15 mins x5 times +the extra ticket=893 coins for day 1, day 2: 1032(got into the last map+boss kill), day 3:(4th map with multi layer guards at entrance to asire) 1203... yeah got my android and heart in 3 days of just grinding now im literally grinding to buy out all the other items and that damage skin is the most gorgeous damage skin i have ever seen in maple well worth the price!

    Honestly...i wanna get the Damage skin on my Bowmaster or something...but I am NOT doing that JQ again =3= I legit cry through this event because I need to relieve the stress.
  • SanctitySanctity
    Reactions: 410
    Posts: 4
    Member
    edited May 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    as much as this event infuriates me, i still love it tbh. i'm happy having a jump quest actually be difficult in the game, it's been so long since I've had a challenge.

    Even if some people like this event because they like this kind of jump quests it still shouldn't have been the main part of the event with everything locked behind it.
    Most people don't like jump quests or find this one way too difficult.
    What's even worse is that even if you spent 20 days doing the other quests to get to 1000 coins you still can't get the android you want unless you did the jump quest and saved it so everyone who can't do the jump quest still won't be able to get the androids.
    I hate this event because of that and unlike you I'm not happy when the whole event is locked behind this jump quest.
    They should at least make it so you can get the android you want as long as you got the coins.
    Petalmagic
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    Posts: 576
    Member
    edited May 2017
    And I, just haven't even bothered trying =D
    bumbertyr
  • bumbertyrbumbertyr
    Reactions: 6,400
    Posts: 1,165
    Nexon
    edited May 2017
    Sanctity wrote: »
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    as much as this event infuriates me, i still love it tbh. i'm happy having a jump quest actually be difficult in the game, it's been so long since I've had a challenge.

    Even if some people like this event because they like this kind of jump quests it still shouldn't have been the main part of the event with everything locked behind it.
    Most people don't like jump quests or find this one way too difficult.
    What's even worse is that even if you spent 20 days doing the other quests to get to 1000 coins you still can't get the android you want unless you did the jump quest and saved it so everyone who can't do the jump quest still won't be able to get the androids.
    I hate this event because of that and unlike you I'm not happy when the whole event is locked behind this jump quest.
    They should at least make it so you can get the android you want as long as you got the coins.

    Yah i see where you're coming from, being unable to get everything because of it does seem a little harsh, though at the same time it does give those that managed to complete it something special to show off. Hard work pays off!
  • DaxiDaxi
    Reactions: 1,800
    Posts: 141
    Member, Private Tester
    edited May 2017
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    as much as this event infuriates me, i still love it tbh. i'm happy having a jump quest actually be difficult in the game, it's been so long since I've had a challenge.

    Basically this, I've really enjoyed having something a little harder. I hope Nexon doesn't nerf it.
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    Posts: 1,572
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Daxi wrote: »
    bumbertyr wrote: »
    as much as this event infuriates me, i still love it tbh. i'm happy having a jump quest actually be difficult in the game, it's been so long since I've had a challenge.

    Basically this, I've really enjoyed having something a little harder. I hope Nexon doesn't nerf it.

    :T -as I am still in misery over Rhea- and I can't JQ to save my dang life.
  • Its2Sharp4UIts2Sharp4U
    Reactions: 5,695
    Posts: 875
    Member
    edited May 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    :T -as I am still in misery over Rhea- and I can't JQ to save my dang life.
    If you're still willing to try, which part are you struggling on? There are quite a few of us that can guide you to victory.