[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Transfer Hammer / Additional Potential

LoiterinGGodLoiterinGGod
Reactions: 100
edited August 2017 in General Chat
I have a lvl 156 blaster on which I bought a 17 starred fafnir with 6% att potential. On the same day, i saw a utgard gauntlet, which has the 30% boss dmg selling for approx. 15mil

As expected, I immediately purchased it after quickly browsing some threads about transfer hammer. Only then I realised I had a problem, I didn't know how to add the additional potential to the fafnir. I tried using potential scrolls and everything else but none seem to work.

So my questions are 1) how to add additional potential to a weap and 2) if let's say I manage to successfully transfer the boss dmg 30% pot to the fafnir which has a 6% att, should I keep it or should I sell at what price??

Thank you for the help!!! :)

Comments

• NyvorNyvor
    Reactions: 1,720
    edited August 2017
    What
  • PetalmagicPetalmagic
    Reactions: 7,660
    edited August 2017
    17 stars...?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited August 2017
    Fafnirs only go up to 15 stars in GMS.
    IKBuUOm.png?1
    Your weapon is most likely duplicated and hacked. You should replace it immediately and report the seller to Nexon in a ticket here if you can.
    Taking screenshots of the weapon and its replacement may be helpful.

Additional Potential is Bonus Potential, which can be added using a Bonus Potential scroll. Bonus Potential scrolls can be found as mob/boss drops, in event boxes and shops, and on the free market.
    If you mean adding lines to existing potential (I.E. you have 2 lines of potential and want 3 lines of potential), you should use a potential stamp. Potential stamps can be found from elite mobs, monster collection expeditions, and so on.
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    You can't transfer the 30% boss potential from the Utgard to the Fafnir, transfer hammer only allows you to transfer epic potential stats. You shouldn't anyway, having 17 stars is far more valuable than 30% boss.
    Neospector wrote: »
    Fafnirs only go up to 15 stars in GMS.
    Your weapon is most likely duplicated and hacked. You should replace it immediately and report the seller to Nexon in a ticket here if you can.
    Taking screenshots of the weapon and its replacement may be helpful..

They're probably on Luna, I'm pretty sure Blaster came out in EMS before the merge.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    Petalmagic wrote: »
    17 stars...?

EMS had a 20 star limit, those items that had stars beyond GMS's limit still have the stars that went beyond 15 post merge.

but to answer OP's question, You can't transfer the pot lines beyond epic to a different item, there is nothing in this game that allows you to do that. Considering how high the %'s are that you are talking about, the items must have unique or leg teir potential.

the transfer hammer only transfers normal potential (not bonus/additional) within the rare to epic range and no higher, and stars (and maybe a soul if it's a weapon).
  • OccireOccire
    Reactions: 1,935
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2017
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    the transfer hammer only transfers normal potential (not bonus/additional) within the rare to epic range and no higher, and stars (and maybe a soul if it's a weapon).

It transfers bonus potential as well, what it doesn't transfer is additional options/bonus stats, but we don't have those so that restriction doesn't apply.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited August 2017
    Occire wrote: »
    Catooolooo wrote: »

It transfers bonus potential as well, what it doesn't transfer is additional options/bonus stats, but we don't have those so that restriction doesn't apply.
    you're right it is additional stats that dont get transferred, i keep remembering that bug in the UI that said it didnt transfer bonus potential.

but since this is an EMS player they do need to worry/ know about that too as there are items in the Luna server that have additional stats on them (that is not getting shown in the UI)

I also forgot to mention that OP's plan wouldnt work anyway, due to the fact that both pot and bpot over write the pot and bpot lines of the item it's getting transferred to.