[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

[Contest] Design a MS Discord Background - Winners

Comments

• ZanSenpaiZanSenpai
    Reactions: 1,435
    edited November 2017
    Oh interesting... Just found out on twitter LOL well since I don't have time to draw anything coz of work.
    Should this do? My last year's work when I was so excited about 5th Job, Zero's 5th skill Chrono Break was a beaut! SO I drew my character with the skill being used
    Also...the background was actually screenshot of the skill itself so I won't take credit for that, except for the clock platform
    AHdOH5M.jpg

Update:
    since the contest has been extended, I'd like to use this one as newer version since I got myself a type 9 weapon, just colored this the whole morning and afternoon. and I did lineart 1st yesterday the whole night. It was really hard since I used a mouse to the whole thing except the background, its the same screenshot as above. Goodluck guys :)
    hu0cTTk.jpg

IGN: ZanSenpai
    World: Broa
    RenniJoTheWeirdoxKiiChanPeekAtChuMageOfBattles
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    Reactions: 1,920
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Ah darn, I recently started to work on something but I doubt I'll finish it before the date... ah well.

We're working on seeing if we can extend the date due to the busy timing of this contest.
    However, we also want to keep it fair at the same time to those who entered already within the specified time so it may not be by much.

Hey no problem, I completely understand :)
  • CatharanthusCatharanthus
    Reactions: 1,115
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2019
    5X22aXm.jpg

IGN: Hierophantom (edit: I'm Millefleuris now, if anybody still checks this thread)
    World: Yellonde
    RenniKhongiKeyan the EvanAventyrxKiiChanPeekAtChuEhynoireChirnobylNeurobeatMageOfBattlesand 1 other.
  • ArwooArwoo
    Reactions: 17,755
    edited November 2017
    Update: We were able to negotiate a one week extension for this contest. As specified in the original post, if any participant would like to make changes or add onto their submission, they're more than welcomed to do so. Loving many of the entries so far and cannot wait to feature them all with hopefully more to come!
    RenniJoTheWeirdo
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    edited November 2017
    Sorry, I'm experiencing some minor issues with work this week in RL and sadly enough don't have enough time to finish the drawing I was working on, on time. Therefore I'll upload something I drew last year. When my other drawing is finished I'll make sure to share it with you guys on Twitter. QhJfrQR.png
    Rennichaoscauser
  • LunarianLunarian
    Reactions: 510
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    IGN: Lunarian
    World: Windia

https://imgur.com/a/m5ng8
  • NanashiNanashi
    Reactions: 500
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    IGN: YotsugiDoll
    World: Windia

https://imgur.com/a/8giH3
  • MageOfBattlesMageOfBattles
    Reactions: 4,280
    edited November 2017
    5X22aXm.jpg

IGN: Hierophantom
    World: Yellonde

This is totally my new desktop background.
    Catharanthus
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited November 2017
    Judging is currently underway!
    Thank you to everyone who participated in this contest and best of luck :)
  • ArwooArwoo
    edited November 2017
    Good day everyone!

Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry for this contest, but a few things to note for the winner selection and some exciting news for artists. For this contest, we kept winners to those who created a piece for the purpose of this contest. I do know some of you were short on time and submitted an entry of existing artwork, but we do want to reward those who put in the time to make something from scratch!

However, this got us thinking... What if we allowed MapleStory artists to submit a wallpaper at any time and we could swap out the landing page background image every month? We would love to see new and existing artwork submitted for the sole purpose of us featuring them through our Discord server!

Anywho, without further adieu, please give a round of applause to our winners:
    Grand Prize Winner

Hierophantom:
    ZfzNAKf.jpg

Runner Ups

Recalci:
    Qjctfgb.png

Squeaki:
    znmrIUp.png

ZanSenpai:
    k1URfhY.jpg

JoTheWeirdo:
    HoEzAnO.png

Lunarian:
    zDNCCdO.jpg

Please inform me if prizes haven't been delivered by: 12/01! Again, thank you guys for joining and we'll be sure to open up an official page where you guys can submit your artwork to be featured on our Discord invite page.

Until next time~
    JoTheWeirdoRenniCatharanthus
  • JoTheWeirdoJoTheWeirdo
    edited November 2017
    Uuuh, I see I never mentioned my IGN and World on my post so I'll post it now

IGN: HawtNoodles
    World: Reboot

Sorry for the inconvenience, and congratz to all the winners.
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2017
    Congratulations to the winners!

Arwoo, you need to clean up your post a bit - you left some commentary from the Look of the Month in there.
    Also, it's "without further ado", not "without further adieu".

As for more submissions - you did say you were going to change the background every month, so it seems there will always be room for more submissions.
  • EvanelleOnyxEvanelleOnyx
    Reactions: 940
    edited November 2017
    Ack! I missed this contest!
    Count my dismay at my tardiness as a vote in favor of the discord accepting new art submissions!

Also, Gratz winners! These are lovely <3
  • AestheticusAestheticus
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2017
    No one appreciates simplicity anymore
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited November 2017

I appreciate simplicity sometimes, but if you're referring to your entry, your design is not my aesthetic. That's just my opinion, though. After all, art is subjective. Maybe you'll have better luck next time. Also, I recommend being more respectful to others.

Though I kinda wish we got to see more entries, there were some nice designs. Congrats to the Hierophantom, and to the other runner-ups! :)
  • AestheticusAestheticus
    Reactions: 620
    edited November 2017
    Renni wrote: »

I appreciate simplicity sometimes, but if you're referring to your entry, your design is not my aesthetic. That's just my opinion, though. After all, art is subjective. Maybe you'll have better luck next time. Also, I recommend being more respectful to others.

Though I kinda wish we got to see more entries, there were some nice designs. Congrats to the Hierophantom, and to the other runner-ups! :)

I was trying to go for a Square Enix type feel. If you look at all the FF games and their covers, it is where you'll see I got my inspiration from -> 1190212760-00.jpg