[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

It's time for a change.

Comments

• HeweyHewey
    Reactions: 440
    edited November 2017
    Arwoo wrote: »
    Because the people that buy NX are also hackers/botters.

This is extremely rare as most hackers know that from the moment they hack, they risk losing their account. Most hackers are smart enough not to make investments into a sinking ship.
    And that's why nexon listens to ban appeals that mention the phase of "buying NX", "I bought NX", etc. If they IP banned those people, they would lose a lot of money and will be forced to shut this game down.

You're right when you say that some players try using the fact that they spent as part of their appeal message. However, I can say that it doesn't make a difference. While most hackers typically don't spend a dime on the game, that dime's not going to save them if they get caught.
    nexon America will never change the process to sign up for a new account and ask for personal info like phone numbers and stuff because they don't want to spend any of their money for extra security. Remember the MTS leak?

There's a lot to factor with setting up extra security measurements on our end compared to KMS. This is because we service many regions and not just one country. One big concern is that if a new process is introduced, how many existing players will be unable to play because they don't meet that criteria or can provide such private information?

This game is doomed and nothing will help it recover. You'll just have to accept it and play with hackers, botters and meso sellers.

We haven't given up against hackers and botters. While some of our recent attempts may not have been the best, we're trying our best to keep taking new approaches to address the illegitimate players.

I honestly cannot see why, event though it is undeniable that GMS implement patches from KMS, that there is a staggering difference between the amount of botting/hacking /duping going on over there. I mean, if you guys take patches from them, why not also implement what their security system to cease or at least decrease the amount of illegitimate people from doing what they are doing in GMS at this moment.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2017
    Hewey wrote: »

This is extremely rare as most hackers know that from the moment they hack, they risk losing their account. Most hackers are smart enough not to make investments into a sinking ship.
    And that's why nexon listens to ban appeals that mention the phase of "buying NX", "I bought NX", etc. If they IP banned those people, they would lose a lot of money and will be forced to shut this game down.

You're right when you say that some players try using the fact that they spent as part of their appeal message. However, I can say that it doesn't make a difference. While most hackers typically don't spend a dime on the game, that dime's not going to save them if they get caught.
    nexon America will never change the process to sign up for a new account and ask for personal info like phone numbers and stuff because they don't want to spend any of their money for extra security. Remember the MTS leak?

There's a lot to factor with setting up extra security measurements on our end compared to KMS. This is because we service many regions and not just one country. One big concern is that if a new process is introduced, how many existing players will be unable to play because they don't meet that criteria or can provide such private information?

This game is doomed and nothing will help it recover. You'll just have to accept it and play with hackers, botters and meso sellers.

We haven't given up against hackers and botters. While some of our recent attempts may not have been the best, we're trying our best to keep taking new approaches to address the illegitimate players.

I honestly cannot see why, event though it is undeniable that GMS implement patches from KMS, that there is a staggering difference between the amount of botting/hacking /duping going on over there. I mean, if you guys take patches from them, why not also implement what their security system to cease or at least decrease the amount of illegitimate people from doing what they are doing in GMS at this moment.

This is exactly what I was thinking, we all know we can't get rid 100% of every single hacker, but we can definitely get rid of most of them and make a big change!
  • cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited December 2017

Yeah, you have a point, but we also need more GM's, I doubt we have enough.
  • SuperSaiyan3SuperSaiyan3
    Reactions: 985
    edited December 2017

I'm not sure if we have enough GM's or not but we definitely need a better systems in order to prevent hackers.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    edited December 2017

I'm not sure if we have enough GM's or not but we definitely need a better systems in order to prevent hackers.

Yes, but also more GM, everytime I'm training, I get ksed a lot of times by hackers, it's seriously getting annoying, because even though I change channels, I find myself changing channels over and over, like more than 10 times sometimes, so I think we should really get rid of those hackers.
  • GomenasaiGomenasai
    Reactions: 1,295
    edited December 2017

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing, there's WAY TOO many hackers in GMS.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited December 2017
    Gomenasai wrote: »

Maybe they just can't copy exactly everything that KMS has?
    edited December 2017
    Gomenasai wrote: »

Maybe they just can't copy exactly everything that KMS has?

I don't think it makes any sense to be honest, since GMS does copy everything exactly as it is from KMS, so it should be possible.
  • GranpaBaconGranpaBacon
    Reactions: 100
    edited December 2017
    The only thing that needs to be done is on Nexon's end. Rather than punish players (largely Reboot players) by killing farming, how about Nexon hire more minimum wage GMs to ACTUALLY follow up on bot reports. I've been playing Reboot for over a year now and have NEVER seen a GM in person. I've reported botters numerous times in public maps (ghost ship) and still see them there every day for weeks. It literally takes just a few seconds to get a report, tp to the map, and confirm the botting.

But NO. Billions a year in profit...but Nexon can't afford to hire more GMs. Instead they all sit on the ticketing system like customer service reps. Just punish the players instead, it's obviously their fault.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017
    The only thing that needs to be done is on Nexon's end. Rather than punish players (largely Reboot players) by killing farming, how about Nexon hire more minimum wage GMs to ACTUALLY follow up on bot reports. I've been playing Reboot for over a year now and have NEVER seen a GM in person. I've reported botters numerous times in public maps (ghost ship) and still see them there every day for weeks. It literally takes just a few seconds to get a report, tp to the map, and confirm the botting.

But NO. Billions a year in profit...but Nexon can't afford to hire more GMs. Instead they all sit on the ticketing system like customer service reps. Just punish the players instead, it's obviously their fault.
    [ /spoiler]

Couple hundred mill per year now
    edited December 2017

Yeah, they always punish us instead of punish the hackers themselves.

I say, let's do Gomenasai's first idea, the censored letters thingy, I think it might work out.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    edited December 2017

[ /spoiler]

I don't think the problem is because we don't have enough GM, I think Nexon themselves is the problem, I just think that if they really really want to, they can fix this problem, not completely, but I'm pretty sure they can get rid of at least 80% hackers/botters.
  • Mercedes4Ever31Mercedes4Ever31
    Reactions: 1,215
    edited December 2017
    Cadena91 wrote: »

[ /spoiler]

I don't think the problem is because we don't have enough GM, I think Nexon themselves is the problem, I just think that if they really really want to, they can fix this problem, not completely, but I'm pretty sure they can get rid of at least 80% hackers/botters.

If only Nexon America were the owners of GMS, everything could change, mesos rate were higher by a LOT, almost not a single hacker.
    edited December 2017

[ /spoiler]

If only Nexon America were the owners of GMS, everything could change, mesos rate were higher by a LOT, almost not a single hacker.

What are you talking about? they're the owners of GMS.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited December 2017

[ /spoiler]

Nexon Korea are the owners, Nexon America is their sub branch. the big decisions are decided in Korea.
  • BigBlackCannoneerBigBlackCannoneer
    Reactions: 650
    edited December 2017
    ahhh so you want a fafnir chain??? pay 1 bil or kill chaos vellum like 50 times. wanna kill chaos vellum? bruh get a fafnir weapon
    YakudleSherri
  • bootlickerbootlicker
    Reactions: 1,475
    edited December 2017
    Or maybe... just maybe they don't really want to get rid of the botters or the meso selling businesses that are left to spam their services unchecked.... because it makes them side money?
    edited December 2017

[ /spoiler]

Nexon Korea are the owners, Nexon America is their sub branch. the big decisions are decided in Korea.

I'm pretty sure that KMS would be sad if they were to figure out the amount of hackers in GMS.
    bootlicker wrote: »
    Or maybe... just maybe they don't really want to get rid of the botters or the meso selling businesses that are left to spam their services unchecked.... because it makes them side money?

I have to admit but I also thought that, somehow, maybe, they're making "side money".
    I mean, how come there are THAT amount of hackers in the game? it doesn't even make any sense at all!
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited December 2017

[ /spoiler]

I'm pretty sure that KMS would be sad if they were to figure out the amount of hackers in GMS.

I have to admit but I also thought that, somehow, maybe, they're making "side money".
    I mean, how come there are THAT amount of hackers in the game? it doesn't even make any sense at all!

Maybe an insider? Corporate espionage at work. But it’s a dangerous topic to discuss.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    edited December 2017

[ /spoiler]

Maybe an insider? Corporate espionage at work. But it’s a dangerous topic to discuss.

That's true, but still, she might has a point.