[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

It's time for a change.

Comments

• cheezburger85cheezburger85
    Reactions: 1,190
    edited December 2017
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    Cadena91 wrote: »
    The only thing that needs to be done is on Nexon's end. Rather than punish players (largely Reboot players) by killing farming, how about Nexon hire more minimum wage GMs to ACTUALLY follow up on bot reports. I've been playing Reboot for over a year now and have NEVER seen a GM in person. I've reported botters numerous times in public maps (ghost ship) and still see them there every day for weeks. It literally takes just a few seconds to get a report, tp to the map, and confirm the botting.

But NO. Billions a year in profit...but Nexon can't afford to hire more GMs. Instead they all sit on the ticketing system like customer service reps. Just punish the players instead, it's obviously their fault.
    [ /spoiler]

Couple hundred mill per year now

I don't think the problem is because we don't have enough GM, I think Nexon themselves is the problem, I just think that if they really really want to, they can fix this problem, not completely, but I'm pretty sure they can get rid of at least 80% hackers/botters.

If only Nexon America were the owners of GMS, everything could change, mesos rate were higher by a LOT, almost not a single hacker.

What are you talking about? they're the owners of GMS.

Nexon Korea are the owners, Nexon America is their sub branch. the big decisions are decided in Korea.

I'm pretty sure that KMS would be sad if they were to figure out the amount of hackers in GMS.
    bootlicker wrote: »
    Or maybe... just maybe they don't really want to get rid of the botters or the meso selling businesses that are left to spam their services unchecked.... because it makes them side money?

I have to admit but I also thought that, somehow, maybe, they're making "side money".
    I mean, how come there are THAT amount of hackers in the game? it doesn't even make any sense at all!

Maybe an insider? Corporate espionage at work. But it’s a dangerous topic to discuss.

That's true, but still, she might has a point.

In my opinion, the main problem is that, I think, Nexon doesn't really care THAT much about it, I mean they do care about and that's why some hackers get banned but if they were REALLY care about it, I'm pretty sure that there'd be a massive number of hackers who get perm banned.
  • RandomThoughtsRandomThoughts
    Reactions: 400
    edited December 2017
    hey i hear you. i don't want to have to suffer because of the hackers. i would really love to be able to use my Reward points for a change. however, i know full well that getting angry and demanding action is never the way to go. there are actions Nexon can take to help limit damage caused by hackers and other cheaters, but it can take time.

some people may say IP ban anyone found hacking. that wont work because of IP spoofers. some might say insa-ban them or rather then ban em, send them to a special map where they cant do anything. what if they were not a hacker or a botter? cheaters suck in any multiplayer game. but as long as there is a market for them, they will continue to ruin legit players experience.

I like the second part here. If people are suspected of cheating by the system, move them to a special map where they have to do a randomized series of checks to escape. (Randomized button presses if no GMs are on, or whatever a GM says if they're monitoring the room.) If they fail multiple times, remain in the room for too long doing the same thing, or insta-DC, their account gets temporarily banned and needs to be appealed. Continued trips to the special map will be grounds for a perma-ban.

Anyway, something about this clicked as I read it, so I wanted to share.
  • Cadena91Cadena91
    Reactions: 1,060
    edited December 2017
    hey i hear you. i don't want to have to suffer because of the hackers. i would really love to be able to use my Reward points for a change. however, i know full well that getting angry and demanding action is never the way to go. there are actions Nexon can take to help limit damage caused by hackers and other cheaters, but it can take time.

some people may say IP ban anyone found hacking. that wont work because of IP spoofers. some might say insa-ban them or rather then ban em, send them to a special map where they cant do anything. what if they were not a hacker or a botter? cheaters suck in any multiplayer game. but as long as there is a market for them, they will continue to ruin legit players experience.

I like the second part here. If people are suspected of cheating by the system, move them to a special map where they have to do a randomized series of checks to escape. (Randomized button presses if no GMs are on, or whatever a GM says if they're monitoring the room.) If they fail multiple times, remain in the room for too long doing the same thing, or insta-DC, their account gets temporarily banned and needs to be appealed. Continued trips to the special map will be grounds for a perma-ban.

Anyway, something about this clicked as I read it, so I wanted to share.

Really good idea, but then again, we can say as many ideas as we want to, but Nexon never really listen to us anyway, so I'd say that it's a waste of time.
    Sherri