[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

request: merge familiars with monster collection

csmpcsmp
Reactions: 850
Member, Private Tester
edited March 2018 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
I know familiars are very popular, but no one (at least I know) collects monster book cards anymore, mainly because a lot of the sets can't be completed because the monsters don't exist anymore.

Maybe you could remove the monster book and merge familiars with monster collection. Also if people do use the set effects, then have certain regions give a stat effect along with the medal upon completion.

just a thought.

Comments

• DaxterbeerDaxterbeer
    Reactions: 7,195
    edited March 2018
    i want to be able to use my wolf underling across all of my characters.
  • RenniRenni
    Reactions: 3,085
    edited March 2018
    Some of the familiars aren't in monster collection, so they would need to add those monsters, but then many of them are uncommonly fought in-game (Wolf Underling, Noo Noo, Dragonoir, etc). Merging familiars with Monster Collection also isn't a good idea because it would be unfair to players who have, for instance, Wolf Underling on more than one character.
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    edited March 2018
    bad idea for multiple reasons the first of which is that they are not even the same kind of thing and serve different purposes, second it would be even more buggy as most of the familliars that exist are not in monster collection and it would be bugged more for being a different system that comes from KMS being tied to a system that comes from JMS that KMS doent have.

what GMS needs to do is update the whole Codex/Familliar system up to what's current in JMS (cause JMS has several years worth of updates on their familliar and codex system and dont have the bugs we have)

but they seem too lazy to do that because people have been waiting for GMS to make an update to it as far back as 2012
    PhantomMasterThiefRenniPirateIzzy
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Member, Private Tester
    edited March 2018
    Catooolooo wrote: »
    bad idea for multiple reasons the first of which is that they are not even the same kind of thing and serve different purposes, second it would be even more buggy as most of the familliars that exist are not in monster collection and it would be bugged more for being a different system that comes from KMS being tied to a system that comes from JMS that KMS doent have.

what GMS needs to do is update the whole Codex/Familliar system up to what's current in JMS (cause JMS has several years worth of updates on their familliar and codex system and dont have the bugs we have)

but they seem too lazy to do that because people have been waiting for GMS to make an update to it as far back as 2012

This^ Unless JMS/TMS/CMS will decide to merge their Crusader Codex/Familiars W/ Monster Collection, or KMS will decide to implement it and will not have any bugs with it, the 2 things should be separate.

Also in the past Arwoo told us in the Official Discord that they are working on a Revamped Codex/Familiars.
    ( i don't know if it's the JMS, TMS, or CMS, or maybe a combination of all three, but i hope that we will get it soon ( and without bugs )