[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

I hit 250 in Lab. Where is the reward?

DuschaDuscha
Reactions: 520
edited August 2018 in General Chat
I hit 250 in Lab on my Dark Knight Thevae on the 27th. Pretty proud of myself. However, the only reason why I spent 18 hours a day playing Lab was for a reward at the end.

To hit level cap I was forced to buy 2x exp coupons from the cash shop and MPE tickets nearly every day with Nexon cash I'd otherwise have never purchased. I got little sleep, and embarrassingly didn't have the chance to leave the house other than for short walks. My longest stint was about 30h awake, trying to adjust my schedule around a maintenance. Trying to hit 250 consumed my life.

And now the 250 legion block has been dropped to level 200. Five days before the event ends.

I spent a day thinking of a more polite way to say this, but I feel entitled to a reward. People brought up the questions with hitting 250 in Lab weeks before the event began, such as here and here. The block requirements has been repeated multiple times in the official patch and Lab specific notes here and here that you get a block for reaching 250, and it was even made into a graphic. This is not a simple mistake, it is deliberate. Nexon didn't change the requirement of hitting 250 until August 23rd, five days before the event ended - and the change only seems mentioned on the forums and Discord by Aru. If nothing is given to me, I'd have wasted an exorbitant amount of effort on a false promise.

I feel cheated out of my time and scammed out of my money. I don't want some shallow apology, I want compensation for my efforts. I don't want the legion reward to be brought back up from level 200 to 250 now, because that would involve lying twice and disappointing even more players. Daxi probably feels the same way on this.

My question to Nexon is:

Have there been talks about issuing an equivocal reward to players who've hit 250 in Lab - and when can we expect to hear word about it?

Thanks for your time. Discussion's open to the forums on this whole situation.

Screenshot_1618.png

Edit: I obtained two 250 Lab Legion pieces, +25 att and +35 att. I am satisfied now.

I'll take this opportunity to give my quick thoughts on how Lab could be improved in the future. I'd love to see more people hit 250, and it'd have to be made easier. Here are some things that could be changed:
- Longer event duration. Add a couple weeks so Lab's up over a month.
- 100% permanent map burn, or at least faster burn regeneration. An active player base sub 200 and hackers post 200 can really mess with progression.
- Additional 3x exp coupons given out after reaching level 200. Disconnecting while on 3x is devastating.
- 3x event weekend days. Encourages weekend play.
- Passive exp beginner tab skill that gives extra +% base mob experience after dying at level thresholds such as from 200-250. Makes re-leveling more forgivable.

And perhaps the biggest change I'd like to see:
- Exclusive rewards for killing difficult bosses like Hard Magnus and Chaos Root Abyss. Offers players more of an option to play Lab as a risky endeavor and less as a grinding simulator post 200. Von Leon was a great start; let's expand it!

I'm incredibly relieved that my time leveling wasn't for naught. I'm sorry if peeps were looking forward to getting two level 250 blocks and instead only got one. Here's to hoping the next rendition of Lab will offer a greater chance for people hitting level cap!

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    A sense of pride and accomplishment.
    HHG1KrimlockNebulPlutiaSlicedTime
  • gimmy768gimmy768
    Reactions: 410
    edited August 2018
    dax did not feel the same way you do. dax was alright and cool with the requirement changes and he was doing it because he wanted a challenge so he did it without any regrets.
    Plutia
  • TamireliaTamirelia
    Reactions: 1,335
    edited August 2018
    I stopped at 200 in Lab but I kind of agree, you guys did a lot of work for that block, I feel like you should at least get something else out of it, like your lvl 250 chair in your main world (though if you got to 250 on Lab you probably already have a 250 on your main world).

• KrimlockKrimlock
    Reactions: 1,840
    edited August 2018
    250 in less than 30 days AND on a server that has death=reset to lvl 10, training in places that are by all rights should kill you to even sniff at them (even if you was playing the sorta kinda cheaty class for this server at the time lol) and god only knows the bosses that do 1/1 attacks you fought and lived through.

Yes you should get at the least a hall of fame room on the regular server saying im (insert name here) and i dominated LAB! that would be the least that they could do.
  • TsundereKyuTsundereKyu
    Reactions: 2,120
    edited August 2018
    nobody told you that you HAD to do this. sooooooooo..............this is on you :eyes:
    PlutiaYoongiWONDERGUY
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited August 2018
    nobody told you that you HAD to do this. sooooooooo..............this is on you :eyes:

To be fair, up until probably three or four days ago, no one was certain of how the rewards worked, whether you'd get everything just for hitting 200 or if you had to get to 250 for everything.
  • YoongiYoongi
    Reactions: 1,735
    edited August 2018
    While 250 in lab is commendable, nexon did not ask you to buy all the nx, nor did they tell you stay up 30 hours straight or do anything that you did.
    Games are meant to be played because you enjoy them, not just because you're entitled to rewards. It doesn't sound to me like you had any fun at all and instead were frustrated.

I can agree that a reward would be nice, as Lab was an event server, but still. You shouldn't feel entitled just because you lost sleep, didn't leave the house, etc. You made those choices, no one told you to.
    NybbleRoseDrop
  • gundum584gundum584
    Reactions: 100
    edited August 2018
    I mean i kind of disagree as far as i know from day one the actual quest in game tells you that you only have to hit lvl 200 and when you complete that quest that is how you get the legion block so imo it's on you for assuming that the quest wasn't correct.
  • NybbleNybble
    Reactions: 205
    edited August 2018
    Yoongi wrote: »
    While 250 in lab is commendable, nexon did not ask you to buy all the nx, nor did they tell you stay up 30 hours straight or do anything that you did.
    Games are meant to be played because you enjoy them, not just because you're entitled to rewards. It doesn't sound to me like you had any fun at all and instead were frustrated.

I can agree that a reward would be nice, as Lab was an event server, but still. You shouldn't feel entitled just because you lost sleep, didn't leave the house, etc. You made those choices, no one told you to.

LOL xD, I love this, Some people did it just for the lols or to prove something, not because they are entitled to some "reward" that way of thinking is so... stupid, like bruh you knew what the rewards were like wtf, now you want special treatment even though THE NOTES said what you will get...
  • YinYangXYinYangX
    Reactions: 3,995
    Member, Private Tester
    edited August 2018
    gundum584 wrote: »
    I mean i kind of disagree as far as i know from day one the actual quest in game tells you that you only have to hit lvl 200 and when you complete that quest that is how you get the legion block so imo it's on you for assuming that the quest wasn't correct.

The website and the original reward intent was that you had to hit lvl250 for the highest tier legion block (otherwise you'd get the lvl 150 blocks), like the op said, Arwoo only announced the lvl200 = lvl250 enhanced legion block ~a week ago. The op didn't assume anything.
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited August 2018
    First of all the original KMS event was for 200 as well, not 250 (assuming i heard this correctly). Looking at GMS' history it's unlikely they would change this.
    Secondly, reaching 250 is such a ridiculous requirement for such a short-lived event. It should have raised red flags and deterred you from purchasing any nx coupons or losing sleep over it. Your inability to stop for a second and think about it rationally is nobody's fault but your own.
    I apologize if i sound harsh, but i do not look kindly upon this kind of sense of entitlement. From day one people were questioning the 250 requirement. You knew what you were getting into. You got the best legion block so be happy and be proud that you made it all the way to 250.
    Whether the false info at the event page was a mistake or done on purpose is irrelevant. Everything nexon says or does should be taken with a grain of salt.
  • NybbleNybble
    Reactions: 205
    edited August 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    First of all the original KMS event was for 200 as well, not 250 (assuming i heard this correctly). Looking at GMS' history it's unlikely they would change this.
    Secondly, reaching 250 is such a ridiculous requirement for such a short-lived event. It should have raised red flags and deterred you from purchasing any nx coupons or losing sleep over it. Your inability to stop for a second and think about it rationally is nobody's fault but your own.
    I apologize if i sound harsh, but i do not look kindly upon this kind of sense of entitlement. From day one people were questioning the 250 requirement. You knew what you were getting into. You got the best legion block so be happy and be proud that you made it all the way to 250.
    Whether the false info at the event page was a mistake or done on purpose is irrelevant. Everything nexon says or does should be taken with a grain of salt.

KMS never had this tho... this was from TMS
    YinYangX