[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.251 - GO WEST! Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

This is not a ban appeal

Comments

  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited November 2018
    mercymerc wrote: »
    kyuusarii wrote: »
    I was banned last night for "speed hacking" at soulful erdas on my Kanna. While my main is nowhere as near accomplished as you are, I have spent the last 2 weeks unhealthily grinding, and had finally hit 240 in a fairly short amount of time compared to the average player, and tossing that away would be the last thing on my mind. After several tickets, I was given the message that my ticket will be escalated as well.
    Hot damn, if I have to wait a month like you did and still are, I'm going to be extremely tilted.

    My main(kanna main btw) got banned for the same reason last night. They said I was "speed hacking" at labyrinth side path. I dont know if i should keep sending tickets, I don't spend on this game, the probably won't care.

    Don't send a lot of tickets, they might consider it as abuse of the ticket system, I would recommend just asking for your case or appeal to be sent and reviewed by a Senior GM, sure it will take some time, but if your case was a false ban, a senior GM will notice it after they review and investigate it. Obviously, no guarantees but it's a better chance if you are legit.

    My guess, and I could be wrong, is that customer support GMs don't have the clearance or authorization to fully investigate bans and appeals, so they just go by the data given from the logs and auto ban system, and they'll always say the ban stands.
  • kyuusariikyuusarii
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited November 2018
    mercymerc wrote: »
    My main(kanna main btw) got banned for the same reason last night. They said I was "speed hacking" at labyrinth side path. I dont know if i should keep sending tickets, I don't spend on this game, the probably won't care.

    Did they tell you if a GM spotted you? Because that's what they claimed to me:
    The account was witnessed by an in-game GM using third party hacking tool on the character "ShikokuKami" in the map "Extinction Zone: Spirit Zone" doing damage speed hack.
    (While I swear it originally said speed hacks so I guess I read wrong, it doesn't really make a difference when I wasn't using any "third party programs" or hacks)
    If we did get banned for the exact same reason, there's probably a higher chance of it being a mistake on their end
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited November 2018
    The day I get banned, it's basically a "So long soldier..." salute to the account. Even if I did nothing wrong. :/ Again, I hope all goes well soon and everybody here who's banned in the wrong eventually comes up in the right and gets back into the game. Still working on a name change to get de-numbered.
  • mercymercmercymerc
    Reactions: 200
    Posts: 3
    Member, Private Tester
    edited November 2018
    yup, got the same response.
    Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

    I understand that you wanted to appeal about your banned account. Our records indicate this account to be violating our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. The account was witnessed by an in-game GM on the character "michifuzz" in the map "Arcana: Labyrinthine Cavern - Side Path" doing Damage Speed Hack. Because of this, your account was blocked from accessing the game.

    Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ban I am unable to release your account. As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for more information.

    Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.​​
    Sincerely,

    GM Polydo
    I trained there during 2x(around 10am pst) and got banned like 6 hours after.
  • SpuddySpuddy
    Reactions: 620
    Posts: 52
    Member
    edited November 2018
    mercymerc wrote: »
    yup, got the same response.
    Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

    I understand that you wanted to appeal about your banned account. Our records indicate this account to be violating our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct. The account was witnessed by an in-game GM on the character "michifuzz" in the map "Arcana: Labyrinthine Cavern - Side Path" doing Damage Speed Hack. Because of this, your account was blocked from accessing the game.

    Unfortunately, due to the nature of the ban I am unable to release your account. As always, players are required to follow the rules. Feel free to read through our Terms of Use and Code of Conduct for more information.

    Should you have any questions or concerns in regards to another matter, please do not hesitate to submit a new ticket with a detailed explanation of the issue.​​
    Sincerely,

    GM Polydo
    I trained there during 2x(around 10am pst) and got banned like 6 hours after.

    I wanna say that some places are really hidden GM territory, although if you never did any hacks they should further investigate that. What sucks is the people who have played the game for years, and had a few payments into the game and HAVE followed rules.. they get banned over one teeny weeny fault that doesn't involve a hack.
  • kyuusariikyuusarii
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Side Path is a pretty popular map though, I always go there if I don't have CLP
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    Reactions: 950
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2018
    I was unbanned today guys. Over 10 weeks but it’s finally happened. Thanks for all the support and good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
    Spuddycarmenpop22
  • HanzSoloHanzSolo
    Reactions: 525
    Posts: 7
    Member
    edited November 2018
    How is the stack of power elixers for all the dailies missed.
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    Reactions: 950
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2018
    HanzSolo wrote: »
    How is the stack of power elixers for all the dailies missed.
    Naw they autoclosed my ticket so I couldn’t even respond. xd

  • kyuusariikyuusarii
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Got a message last night from a GM (wasn’t even a senior GM) and turns out all he did was check the logs and gave me the same false positives the logs showed, that the previous GMs did as well. I’m now banned from submitting tickets too. I guess I’m done.
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    Reactions: 950
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2018
    kyuusarii wrote: »
    Got a message last night from a GM (wasn’t even a senior GM) and turns out all he did was check the logs and gave me the same false positives the logs showed, that the previous GMs did as well. I’m now banned from submitting tickets too. I guess I’m done.
    Wow. That’s ridiculous. I heard from someone else who was waiting that a GM who wasn’t a Senior GM replied and he is also staying banned. I wonder if the recent major bans lately has made nexon push some tickets who were waiting for a Senior GM to a regular gm to try and speed up the process... ugh.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    Posts: 2,669
    Member
    edited November 2018
    CaseyCasey wrote: »
    kyuusarii wrote: »
    Got a message last night from a GM (wasn’t even a senior GM) and turns out all he did was check the logs and gave me the same false positives the logs showed, that the previous GMs did as well. I’m now banned from submitting tickets too. I guess I’m done.
    Wow. That’s ridiculous. I heard from someone else who was waiting that a GM who wasn’t a Senior GM replied and he is also staying banned. I wonder if the recent major bans lately has made nexon push some tickets who were waiting for a Senior GM to a regular gm to try and speed up the process... ugh.

    or they did the 50/50 split decision
  • kyuusariikyuusarii
    Reactions: 300
    Posts: 9
    Member
    edited November 2018
    Well, the worst thing is, I can't even appeal for it any more. I'd be fine waiting another 2 months asking specifically for a senior GM, but I can't even now. :/
  • CaseyCaseyCaseyCasey
    Reactions: 950
    Posts: 26
    Member
    edited November 2018
    kyuusarii wrote: »
    Well, the worst thing is, I can't even appeal for it any more. I'd be fine waiting another 2 months asking specifically for a senior GM, but I can't even now. :/
    Ugh sorry. Sucks.