[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.250 - Mayple Island Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Damien's sword

ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
Reactions: 1,470
edited October 2018 in General Chat
Why is extra damien sword appearing even though no one in my party died? Even when they die, they die due to other pattern besides 7/7 brands. So why is additional sword appearing out of nowhere for no reason and make the run cancer?

Comments

• MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    It's an anti-hacking measure caused by someone excessively lagging, and thus triggering the extra swords. There's nothing that can be done about it other than waiting out the time limit for the swords/restarting/finding a less laggy channel to run in. =(
  • scholar624scholar624
    Reactions: 3,315
    edited October 2018
    Next time you come across another rouge blade, can you take a screenshot and include what time, date, and server you had the misfortunate run on?
  • zoutzakjezoutzakje
    Reactions: 1,380
    edited October 2018
    This happened to me several times on solo runs, even though i didn't seem laggy at all. Even if i was, lagging shouldn't trigger anti-hacking measures, no? In each of these cases it's not just 1 extra sword that appeared, it was a whole bunch of them. Made the run impossible to finish and it didn't seem like the extra blades expired either.
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    zoutzakje wrote: »
    This happened to me several times on solo runs, even though i didn't seem laggy at all. Even if i was, lagging shouldn't trigger anti-hacking measures, no? In each of these cases it's not just 1 extra sword that appeared, it was a whole bunch of them. Made the run impossible to finish and it didn't seem like the extra blades expired either.

Well hacks tend to cause a lot of actions that happen in a short amount of time, so if you're lagging upon entering the absolutely-top-notch hacking detection system we have will think your lag is hacks.

Funny how the hacking system catches legit players more than the hackers themselves...
  • L4d2jpnL4d2jpn
    Reactions: 2,060
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2018
    If the channel/server doesn't seem laggy do a full shutdown (restart) your PC. shutdown /r /t 0

If the channel itself is so laggy there's not a whole lot that you can do. The server lags, you attack a few times while it's lagging and anti-hack measures trigger to spawn a ridiculous amount of swords. Similar to how Magnus meteors come raining down on the full map.
    Reactions: 735
    edited October 2018
    [Removed]

How's that for Damien being annoying eh?
  • NeospectorNeospector
    Reactions: 9,760
    Volunteer Forum Moderator
    edited October 2018
    2600 wrote: »
    [Removed]

How's that for Damien being annoying eh?

While your sentiment is noted, don't encourage hacking or ask others how to hack, even jokingly.
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited October 2018
    scholar624 wrote: »
    Next time you come across another rouge blade, can you take a screenshot and include what time, date, and server you had the misfortunate run on?

XD why? Are you guys gonna take a look at the screenshot and fix the bug that hasn't been fixed for long azz time?? loooooooool
  • ShokunKaYoShokunKaYo
    edited October 2018
    Mira wrote: »

Well hacks tend to cause a lot of actions that happen in a short amount of time, so if you're lagging upon entering the absolutely-top-notch hacking detection system we have will think your lag is hacks.

Funny how the hacking system catches legit players more than the hackers themselves...

Serously, they just need to stop trying to do stuff to prevent hacking. I'm not even being condescending or sarcastic when saying this. They're just going in over their head and end up hurting the legit players, while hackers are not even slightly affected. Just let hackers hack since they''re not really smart enough to do anything about it, and just get rid of all the anti-hack spaghetti codes that are hurting the legit players. Honestly, hackers are scums, but at least we're getting cheap epic, clean slate and innocent scrolls. At current point, hackers are actually more helpful to legit players than the dev teams are.
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited October 2018
    ShokunKaYo wrote: »
    Mira wrote: »

Serously, they just need to stop trying to do stuff to prevent hacking. I'm not even being condescending or sarcastic when saying this. They're just going in over their head and end up hurting the legit players, while hackers are not even slightly affected. Just let hackers hack since they''re not really smart enough to do anything about it, and just get rid of all the anti-hack spaghetti codes that are hurting the legit players. Honestly, hackers are scums, but at least we're getting cheap epic, clean slate and innocent scrolls. At current point, hackers are actually more helpful to legit players than the dev teams are.

Its a amazing idea but like I always note in these threads nexon or who ever they hired to come up with these ideas don't get it like we do. The issues are caused by presumed legit players who prob have multi clients or multi pc's and hack on those mules while collecting the loot. I am confident the staff and people maybe have a idea about it, or heard about it along the way. The anti hack measures are in most bosses but are in place so no one just runs in and blows up the bosses with hacks. there was a issue in bera or I think khaini I recorded which a player rank 1st and dojo, as well as killed ursus in 10-20 secs. How did this happened? easy hacks or time delay hacking. I record and document most of these things while playing and my friends do the same. We cant do much but we can only record and document it to throw it in their faces and ask what are they doing. I always since day 1 brought these things up but I never seen any change or effort for it, just people blowing hot air. I think the most u can do bro is learn how to boss with the anti hacking in place look at it this way its great training and you learn how to win the legit and natural way without cheating.