[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My Damage Sucks

Comments

• AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    Getting your diligence up should, as far as I and others know, help you pass scrolls a bit more easily. It'll be tedious but getting all slots passed with gollux scrolls is the way to go. If you failed all but one, I would suggest just throwing an innocence scroll at it(pretty sure the legion coin shop has em, if not they're more than likely in some coin shop for the anniversary crap) rather than trying to 10% your way through five slots.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2019
    Cresc wrote: »
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    Think a little bit harder kid. Assuming he's gonna use at least silver blossom ring, he's gonna have 5 boss accessory (ring, pink cup, eye, face, ventus) which is gonna give him +20 all stat and +10 att. And until he gets sup gollux earring and pendant, he's gonna have 7 boss accessory (sidus and cht pendant) which is gonna give him additional +10 all stat/att and 10% ign def. In total, sticking with aquatic and power crystal is gonna give him +30 all stat, +20 att and 10% ign def, which is much more cost efficient and will give more boost to his dmg than 2 line epic, 70% spell trace, 10-12 star sw face and eye accessory (whether it triggers u or not, that is the best work he will be able to do on sw gears in his current position). So stop trying to give terrible cost inefficient gear set up tips to someone who seems like he's doesnt have much funding.

What is the point of this post? Within the same post that you quoted, Aggraphine writes that SW Face/Eye does not have to be MorningAfterSeven's main focus until replacing boss accessories with their gollux counterparts (which he/she is already in the progress of). Moreover, once he/she does so, the bonus effects that the boss accessory set gives will be negligible, making SW Face/Eye in fact better in the grand scheme of things.

Read the entire post.
    I agree. SW face/Eye is better in the grand scheme of things. But not in OP's current situation. Seemed liked Aggraphine agreed as well since he said it shouldn't be main focus right now, then he goes on saying, in the same post you're referring to,
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    Hell, thinking on it more now, sweetwater is the best eye/face equip he can go for, because it's an entirely self-sufficient process.

and then proceeds to bark at me because he can't read things in context. The point of my post was correcting this @ss.
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2019
    Guildmate dropped one and gave it to me, haven't been that lucky (again) lol
    KVE8MYU.jpg

At least I'm almost at 600k C9DE6211979D0161D9BC17BE5A1E4B8DAFFB3C6E
    Petalmagic
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Locking the tier adds 10k at legendary, thankfully the only time I've ever forgotten once myself on the lab server.
    Took around 200k to get it back to legend. Even with being able to buy honor it took awhile.
    If there's anything you take out of that post, that ONE LINE is what you should remember.
    If you have the time available, I think Corsair gives summon duration

What was it, 10k to lock the tier and then another 5 per locked line?

Finally had a chance to look, it's +10k to lock (100 > 10100) Then +3k for the first line (13100) and 5k for the second line. (18100)
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Guildmate dropped one and gave it to me, haven't been that lucky (again) lol
    KVE8MYU.jpg

At least I'm almost at 600k C9DE6211979D0161D9BC17BE5A1E4B8DAFFB3C6E

I'm not sure what's been thrown at that ring, but it's not gollux scrolls unfortunately. You'll want to remedy that at some point.
  • DarkPassengerDarkPassenger
    Reactions: 8,980
    edited April 2019
    you might want to reset hyper stats and dump into dmg and crit dmg/crit rate, unless youre doing CRA and above, you dont need ignore enemy defense. Or you can put into dmg, boss dmg, and crit dmg
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited April 2019
    I'm not sure what's been thrown at that ring, but it's not gollux scrolls unfortunately. You'll want to remedy that at some point.

Definitely Gollux scrolls, patiently collected every day for 6 days. lol

@darkpassenger really? Many told me that if I want to boss I desperately need IED and Boss dmg O_o
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

Definitely not Gollux scrolls. Those give 3 allstat and 4 att/m.att per slot. Your ring looks like it was scrolled with some kind of Chaos scroll (and failed half its slots).

• AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019

@darkpassenger really? Many told me that if I want to boss I desperately need IED and Boss dmg O_o

Were there any other scrolls on it before you started with gollux scrolls? Because the weapon and magic attack values, as well as the four base stats, should all be of equal amounts like this one that I found on google. It's a really odd stat spread for gollux scrolls, unless something's changed recently so they give a random range of stats now.
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »

Definitely not Gollux scrolls. Those give 3 allstat and 4 att/m.att per slot. Your ring looks like it was scrolled with some kind of Chaos scroll (and failed half its slots

Not kidding. Bought it at the store, then bought the 6 scrolls before starforcing it. No previous scrolls whatsoever :D
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    That's not possible though. Your stat values don't add up. Every superior gollux ring I see in google image results, the largest stat discrepancy is one stat being 1-6 points higher than the rest. Are you sure you used advanced gollux scrolls and not something else from the same coin shop you got the ring from?

Either way, it would be beneficial to, at some point, drop an innocence scroll on it and try again. The ring has an out-of-the-box maximum slot count of 6, which can be increased to 8 with golden hammers, and you've only passed three of them. If it were four or five passes, I would recommend you go the clean slate route.

Also, I want to make sure you understand, this post isn't meant as "you're wrong and here's why", but rather as "okay what the hell is going on here".
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

Definitely not Gollux scrolls. Those give 3 allstat and 4 att/m.att per slot. Your ring looks like it was scrolled with some kind of Chaos scroll (and failed half its slots

Not kidding. Bought it at the store, then bought the 6 scrolls before starforcing it. No previous scrolls whatsoever :D

You used these scrolls?
    unknown.png

Did you get Hell Gollux carries for the coins to buy them? Without that you wouldn't have been able to afford one per day.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited April 2019
    Yeah, IED is only needed for cvel and above. If youre not doing those types of bosses IED isnt vital.

Another way to increase damage without it actually being visible in stats is leveling up your boost nodes.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited May 2019
    You used these scrolls?
    unknown.png
    Did you get Hell Gollux carries for the coins to buy them? Without that you wouldn't have been able to afford one per day.

Hellux carries, and yep, and only used those scrolls :)
    I don't use cash shop, btw (no real € on a game anymore, lol)
    @aggraphine I've been thinking about making a new ring, or is it better to try and clean it?

And... speaking of rings... which ones should I equip other than the superior gollux one?
    (I mean game rings, not gacha/cash shop ones)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    Well, making a new ring would require you to run up another character to do gollux, as the four rings and earrings are single-purchase items(which we all know is stupid, but it is what it is I suppose). Easiest thing to do is throw an innocence scroll at it, the ones you'll find the most of have a 50% pass rate. And again, you don't have to do it now, but it's something you'll want to do in the future to squeeze more damage out of that one ring.

As for the other three ring slots, people seem to use a number of different setups, depending on the money they have for getting rings. I think the most common route people go is three gollux rings(superior, reinforced and solid) and then a meister ring in the fourth slot. Meister rings, however, are horrifically expensive due to them being a craftable ring that can go up to 25 stars.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited May 2019
    Event rings arent bad place holders while you get the rings mentioned by Aggraphine.

They usually come with or can get up to 20 attack. just lack star forcing capability hence them being placeholders.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited May 2019
    Range slowly growing (slowly slowly slowly lol)
    BbRVRaR.jpg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    That's some good solid work, what'd you do this time around?
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited May 2019
    That's some good solid work, what'd you do this time around?

right :D
    Now I've got this, (still scrolling, tho)
    NmLhJtr.jpg

(gonna cube it as soon as I get a pot stamp on it)
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited May 2019
    If you've got a decent legion going, you can get three pot stamps(as well as master craftsman cubes) from the legion coin shop per week. Other than the pot it's a good ring for where you're at.

I would suggest doing masteria through time at some point when you have an hour or so to kill, it'll get you a bet of a better medal than your current one, giving 15 allstat and 8 attack as compared to your current medal's 7 allstat and 3 attack. Here's a reddit comment on how to get going on it. When you get to the end of act 3, you have a dialog choice, the only change is the chair and android you're given. If you go here, you can see the different rewards each choice gives you. Both androids come with a shop function as well.
    MorningAfterSeven