[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

My Damage Sucks

Comments

• rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited April 2019
    AKradian wrote: »
    riza wrote: »
    But what I know you need is Str stats and Attack stats

Mechanics use DEX, not STR.

whichever I got him ;) I teach u how to be maple among maplers. if your in bera server it is if not gl :D
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    Reactions: 19,415
    edited April 2019
    @MorningAfterSeven word of advice, ignore absolutely everything riza tries to tell you about how to do, well, anything in the game. At best, he'll just restate what I and others told you on the first page of this thread and act like it was his idea all along, and at worst he'll tell you things that are flatly wrong.
    PetalmagicSlicedTimeMorningAfterSevenYinYangX
  • rizariza
    edited April 2019
    Aggraphine wrote: »
    @MorningAfterSeven word of advice, ignore absolutely everything riza tries to tell you about how to do, well, anything in the game. At best, he'll just restate what I and others told you on the first page of this thread and act like it was his idea all along, and at worst he'll tell you things that are flatly wrong.

I can see a ducklings around this lake, honestly

@MorningAfterSeven I say this as someone who has helped a lot of people increase their ranges and help with training. I say as I said before do ursus runs and do monster park. Also, get yourself a spider and if you have a Kanna friend and train and farm. It should take a month or less to get to 1-1.5 mil without spending money in game if you are on your own. It can take a week with a partner or help, but yea farm items and get more dex and you be fine. Also, aggrafired isn't the best to give advice couldn't even give lucsean proper advice or answer a simple question, but also another tool to use is youtube as there are mech guides and around but GL and keep it positive :D
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    riza wrote: »

I can see a ducklings around this lake, honestly

@MorningAfterSeven I say this as someone who has helped a lot of people increase their ranges and help with training. I say as I said before do ursus runs and do monster park. Also, get yourself a spider and if you have a Kanna friend and train and farm. It should take a month or less to get to 1-1.5 mil without spending money in game if you are on your own. It can take a week with a partner or help, but yea farm items and get more dex and you be fine. Also, aggrafired isn't the best to give advice couldn't even give lucsean proper advice or answer a simple question, but also another tool to use is youtube as there are mech guides and around but GL and keep it positive :D

Oh you mean when he asked for, and received, advice on clearing things such as root abyss, then went on to deny the assistance over and over and over again? Because he ultimately, rather than wanting actual advice, wanted people to echo his opinions that the normal root abyss bosses were too hard? He was given solid advice by several other people, and still he chose to ignore all of it and go off on some unrelated tangent about how long he's played the game. Even neospector came into that thread to consolidate what everyone else had said across three pages to a single post. Did he take the advice then? Nope. He went and made a thread in rants and raves to whine about how unfair the game is to solo players. And then another thread in rants and raves when his first one got locked. Ultimately those were both merged with his original thread.

Is this the same lucsean that you're saying I couldn't help? The one who I and many others tried to help while he threw it all back in our faces like a petulant toddler who didn't want to eat his vegetables? The only proper advice, as you so blithely put it, would have been to fall over myself in agreeing that normal root abyss was too hard for a solo player.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AKradianAKradian
    Reactions: 40,310
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    @Aggraphine and @riza , kindly take your personal bickering to PMs.

Let us all wait for @MorningAfterSeven to inform us of their progress based on advice already given.
    MorningAfterSevenscholar624
  • MorningAfterSevenMorningAfterSeven
    Reactions: 1,125
    edited April 2019
    Sorry guys, had few spare times in this holidays, so I had just a free hour a day and had to dedicate to dailies lol
    Situation is like this at the moment :)
    RukSmRw.jpg

I'm currently focusing on symbols and Gollux :)
    Let's see if we can grow enough :)
  • rizariza
    edited April 2019
    Sorry guys, had few spare times in this holidays, so I had just a free hour a day and had to dedicate to dailies lol
    [img]blob:https://imgur.com/b37c98e7-a18a-4511-896a-f94f16b38ced[/img]

You can do it know that the power is within the holder be one with it and you shall find the answers
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019

I don't know what the hell happened with your link, but it's impossible to view. I can't really comment on whatever progress you've made as a result. If you can fix that at some point that'd be great. For future reference, the direct link is what works with the image tag. Direct link, of course, being the one that ends in a file format, such as jpg or png.
    MorningAfterSeven
    edited April 2019

I don't know what the hell happened with your link, but it's impossible to view. I can't really comment on whatever progress you've made as a result. If you can fix that at some point that'd be great. For future reference, the direct link is what works with the image tag. Direct link, of course, being the one that ends in a file format, such as jpg or png.

fixed the link, I just took the wrong url lol
    RukSmRw.jpg
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    That's a pretty solid improvement so far. What did you do?

Another thing you'd benefit greatly from is your inner. You'd have to ask a mechanic main what specifically you need. But keep saving up honor and wait for an event(occasionally a sunny Sunday thing) that gives a 50% reroll discount. All you do is keep rolling, basically, until you hit legendary. The downside is you may not actually get to legendary in 534k+ honor. Don't lock the tier until you actually get to legendary either, because locking prevents it from moving upwards and downwards. Once you get to legendary, NEVER REROLL YOUR INNER WITHOUT LOCKING THE TIER. I did it once, it ended poorly. Don't do it, man. Got to legendary within 150-200k honor, rolled it twice unlocked and it took another 400k or so to get back to legendary again. Locking the tier will add, I believe, 5 or 10k to the reroll cost.
    FuhreakMorningAfterSeven
  • FuhreakFuhreak
    Reactions: 7,440
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019

Looks like their arcane force jumped up about 40.
    Another thing you'd benefit greatly from is your inner. You'd have to ask a mechanic main what specifically you need. But keep saving up honor and wait for an event(occasionally a sunny Sunday thing) that gives a 50% reroll discount. All you do is keep rolling, basically, until you hit legendary. The downside is you may not actually get to legendary in 534k+ honor. Don't lock the tier until you actually get to legendary either, because locking prevents it from moving upwards and downwards. Once you get to legendary, NEVER REROLL YOUR INNER WITHOUT LOCKING THE TIER. I did it once, it ended poorly. Don't do it, man. Got to legendary within 150-200k honor, rolled it twice unlocked and it took another 400k or so to get back to legendary again. Locking the tier will add, I believe, 5 or 10k to the reroll cost.

Locking the tier adds 10k at legendary, thankfully the only time I've ever forgotten once myself on the lab server.
    Took around 200k to get it back to legend. Even with being able to buy honor it took awhile.
    If there's anything you take out of that post, that ONE LINE is what you should remember.
    If you have the time available, I think Corsair gives summon duration
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Fuhreak wrote: »
    Locking the tier adds 10k at legendary, thankfully the only time I've ever forgotten once myself on the lab server.
    Took around 200k to get it back to legend. Even with being able to buy honor it took awhile.
    If there's anything you take out of that post, that ONE LINE is what you should remember.
    If you have the time available, I think Corsair gives summon duration

What was it, 10k to lock the tier and then another 5 per locked line?
    MorningAfterSeven
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    Reactions: 3,220
    edited April 2019
    1. Use occult cubes to roll 2 line dex% on level 120 or below for hat, top, bottom, shoes, gloves, pendant and belts, then transfer hammer them to appropriate lvl150/160 gears. Rolling occult cubes on lvl120 gears or below cost significantly lower meso, so that's gonna save you some money. Shoulder and cape doesn't have ez transfer hammer intermediate between level 120 and level 160, so you're gonna have to use some meso to roll 2 line dex% on them. Same for gollux rings and earring.
    - Go make friends with some people, or join guilds and try to get carries for hellux for full superior gollux accessories, and N Damien/Lotus for Absolab weapon, shoes, gloves, cape and shoulder. This, along with root abyss hat, top and bottom will give you 3 RA, 5 Absolab set effect, which is pretty much the best set for people not going for arcane set.

2. As for face/eye accessory, just use what you have right now (aquatic letter and condensed power crystal), but put epic 9% dex on the pot. People will tell you to get commerci eye/face accessory, but honestly boss accessory set is gonna be better for you since you look like you're not super funded player. People go for commerci eye/face accessory because their level cap gives extra stat% on potentials and you can 22 star them, but that's only useful if you're well funded. For unfunded player, 22 star is pretty much unachievable and extra stat% is not really that big of a deal since you'll most likely remain at epic pot at best. Boss accessory set eye/face accessory will give u much more bang for the bucks since it will also give you some nice set effects.

3. As for weapons, make necromancer weapon into epic 9% Att pot and transfer it to absolab wep. For emblem and 2ndary, also make them into 9% attk epic potential. If you find it not going to 9% att no matter what, just settle with 6% att and 1 usable line (either dex%, dmg%, crit rate%, or ign defense %).

4. For bonus stat, at this point just settle with any +all stat% on your armor. When you have more meso and legion coins to spend, use powerful rebirth flame to get good bonus stat on your armor. Convert n% all stat to n x 10 value and add that to +dex bonus stat (i.e for 3% all stat and +24 dex bonus stat, it's [3 x 10]+24=54). Roll the bonus stat until you get at least 70 value of bonus stat. For weapon, absolab gun's 2nd tier +att bonus stat is +60, so aim for that.

These will help you boost your range, but you'll also have to work on your 5th job boost cores to enhance your 4th job skills. Google what skills to enhance for mechanic. Then proceed to quit the game cause mechanic suc big bad balls xD
    MorningAfterSeven
  • AggraphineAggraphine
    edited April 2019
    Sweetwater does have the advantage of being tier 4 potential, allowing for 7% stat at epic, 10 at unique and 13% at legendary, as well as gaining more stats from spell traces. It doesn't need to be a priority right now, but I would still look into sweetwater eye and face accessories after you fill out your gollux gear(full superior, reinforced ring, possibly solid if you've no other options). That way, you'll keep the boss set effect until you start breaking it for gollux, at which point sweetwater eye/face will be much better off.

Plus side to sweetwater, it comes out of the npc at epic tier.
    Penguinz0 wrote: »
    2. As for face/eye accessory, just use what you have right now (aquatic letter and condensed power crystal), but put epic 9% dex on the pot. People will tell you to get commerci eye/face accessory, but honestly boss accessory set is gonna be better for you since you look like you're not super funded player. People go for commerci eye/face accessory because their level cap gives extra stat% on potentials and you can 22 star them, but that's only useful if you're well funded. For unfunded player, 22 star is pretty much unachievable and extra stat% is not really that big of a deal since you'll most likely remain at epic pot at best. Boss accessory set eye/face accessory will give u much more bang for the bucks since it will also give you some nice set effects.

The bolded part is such a stupid thing to tell someone. "Epic potential is probably the best you'll ever be able to do". Don't sit there telling him that. He asked for ways to improve his damage, it's disingenuous to tell him to just accept epic-tier and low-level equips because he's unfunded. Hell, thinking on it more now, sweetwater is the best eye/face equip he can go for, because it's an entirely self-sufficient process. There's no paying out the ass to others for an item, only whatever meso costs are accrued from throwing cubes at them.

And honestly? If you're offering him advice on how to improve his gear, keep your opinions on his class to yourself. Just because you don't like mechanics doesn't mean everyone shares your dislike.

TL;DR: he asked for ways to improve his character, not what to settle with.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2019
    Sweetwater does have the advantage of being tier 4 potential, allowing for 7% stat at epic, 10 at unique and 13% at legendary, as well as gaining more stats from spell traces. It doesn't need to be a priority right now, but I would still look into sweetwater eye and face accessories after you fill out your gollux gear(full superior, reinforced ring, possibly solid if you've no other options). That way, you'll keep the boss set effect until you start breaking it for gollux, at which point sweetwater eye/face will be much better off.

Plus side to sweetwater, it comes out of the npc at epic tier.

The bolded part is such a stupid thing to tell someone. "Epic potential is probably the best you'll ever be able to do". Don't sit there telling him that. He asked for ways to improve his damage, it's disingenuous to tell him to just accept epic-tier and low-level equips because he's unfunded. Hell, thinking on it more now, sweetwater is the best eye/face equip he can go for, because it's an entirely self-sufficient process. There's no paying out the ass to others for an item, only whatever meso costs are accrued from throwing cubes at them.

And honestly? If you're offering him advice on how to improve his gear, keep your opinions on his class to yourself. Just because you don't like mechanics doesn't mean everyone shares your dislike.

TL;DR: he asked for ways to improve his character, not what to settle with.

Lol oh me oh my we have a triggered turd here. Does his gears look like he's spent any real $$ on the game to u? No. So obviously I was saying that he's gonna remain epic tear at best since he's not spending real money on the game (unless he gets damn lucky with master crafts man cube). "Dont sit there and telling him that?" I can see ur pathetic self righteousness led u to think that I'm somehow sitting on ivory tower and telling the dude he can't make it or something? I was giving him realistic tips that will actually help the dude. U r just reading my **** out of context and shadowboxing like an idiot lmao. Get ur head out of ur @ss kid
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2019
    Hell, thinking on it more now, sweetwater is the best eye/face equip he can go for, because it's an entirely self-sufficient process. There's no paying out the ass to others for an item, only whatever meso costs are accrued from throwing cubes at them.

Think a little bit harder kid. Assuming he's gonna use at least silver blossom ring, he's gonna have 5 boss accessory (ring, pink cup, eye, face, ventus) which is gonna give him +20 all stat and +10 att. And until he gets sup gollux earring and pendant, he's gonna have 7 boss accessory (sidus and cht pendant) which is gonna give him additional +10 all stat/att and 10% ign def. In total, sticking with aquatic and power crystal is gonna give him +30 all stat, +20 att and 10% ign def, which is much more cost efficient and will give more boost to his dmg than 2 line epic, 70% spell trace, 10-12 star sw face and eye accessory (whether it triggers u or not, that is the best work he will be able to do on sw gears in his current position). So stop trying to give terrible cost inefficient gear set up tips to someone who seems like he's doesnt have much funding.
    "He asked for ways to improve his character, not what to settle with." Lmao. Well by that logic just tell him to get full arcane set. Why not? Are u gonna tell him to settle with absolab or fafnir because he's unfunded??????? Lol
    Lmfao well no sh*t sherlock it's a damn joke. Is the context and xD at the end not enough for u to understand a joke? Do u need me to put "warning! This is a joke" in parenthesis for u to tell what a joke is? Boy u must be a fun to hang with at parties xD
  • MiraMira
    Reactions: 4,160
    Member, Private Tester
    edited April 2019
    Lol oh me oh my we have a triggered turd here. Does his gears look like he's spent any real $$ on the game to u? No. So obviously I was saying that he's gonna remain epic tear at best since he's not spending real money on the game (unless he gets damn lucky with master crafts man cube). "Dont sit there and telling him that?" I can see ur pathetic self righteousness led u to think that I'm somehow sitting on ivory tower and telling the dude he can't make it or something? I was giving him realistic tips that will actually help the dude. U r just reading my **** out of context and shadowboxing like an idiot lmao. Get ur head out of ur @ss kid

I'm a completely free player and all my gear is, at minimum, unique with 2 stat lines, and a bunch of my stuff is Legendary. It is nowhere near as impossible to get to unique as it used to be back in the day. It may not be as quick as the people that waste money on this game, but it is definitely achieveable in a reasonable time limit.
    MorningAfterSeven
  • Penguinz0Penguinz0
    edited April 2019
    Mira wrote: »
    I'm a completely free player and all my gear is, at minimum, unique with 2 stat lines, and a bunch of my stuff is Legendary. It is nowhere near as impossible to get to unique as it used to be back in the day. It may not be as quick as the people that waste money on this game, but it is definitely achieveable in a reasonable time limit.

Well clap clap my dude. Tell the op how to do that in "reasonable time limit".
  • CrescCresc
    Reactions: 535
    edited April 2019
    Think a little bit harder kid. Assuming he's gonna use at least silver blossom ring, he's gonna have 5 boss accessory (ring, pink cup, eye, face, ventus) which is gonna give him +20 all stat and +10 att. And until he gets sup gollux earring and pendant, he's gonna have 7 boss accessory (sidus and cht pendant) which is gonna give him additional +10 all stat/att and 10% ign def. In total, sticking with aquatic and power crystal is gonna give him +30 all stat, +20 att and 10% ign def, which is much more cost efficient and will give more boost to his dmg than 2 line epic, 70% spell trace, 10-12 star sw face and eye accessory (whether it triggers u or not, that is the best work he will be able to do on sw gears in his current position). So stop trying to give terrible cost inefficient gear set up tips to someone who seems like he's doesnt have much funding.

What is the point of this post? Within the same post that you quoted, Aggraphine writes that SW Face/Eye does not have to be MorningAfterSeven's main focus until replacing boss accessories with their gollux counterparts (which he/she is already in the progress of). Moreover, once he/she does so, the bonus effects that the boss accessory set gives will be negligible, making SW Face/Eye in fact better in the grand scheme of things.

As for improving range, work on leveling up your symbols (which it look's like you're already doing) and remember to not become apathetic with Arcane River Dailies as the STAT boost along with increased damage to Arcane River Mobs will help tremendously. Additionally, in one of the STAT window screenshots that you posted, it appears that you allocated ~40 points (the equivalent of 6 levels) into DEX, which is not ideal at your current stage as MAINSTAT derived from hyperstats is not effected by %stat from your equips. Ideally, you should be dividing up your hyper stat points into damage, boss damage, crit damage, crit rate (if needed), and ied.

edited April 2019

Gave pot and bonus pot to whatever I could and cubed some other stuff. So far, I've been doing gollux to get some good gear and scrolls (yeeee, failed 5 scroll out of 6 on a superior gollux ring! lol)

p.s. guys:
    it's she/her/hers, not he/him/his lol
    giphy.gif

p.s. #2 guys:
    please, calm down, no need to argue like that :)
    scholar624Fuhreak