[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.228 On Air: Glimpse of Joy Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

Crusader Codex Revamp

CatoooloooCatooolooo
Reactions: 5,625
Posts: 1,213
Member
edited September 2016 in Suggestions, Feedback, and Requests
This suggestion will likely go ignored but I'm going to put it out there for the 100th time with some of my own Ideas on how to improve it.

The first thing I want to hit on, are the issues with the current version of the Codex. just flipping through the codex right now, there are many duplicate pages of monster cards, when each page should always contain new monsters and even among these pages there are monster cards that can not be obtained due to the monsters that dropped them being removed.

I think It's Vital that the pages be re-managed and old cards (not familiars) be removed from the main part of the codex (will expand on this idea later). Doing these things will make it much easier to view what cards still need collecting for sets. there also needs to be some kind of internal developer system or Reminder that when an area is getting removed or completely revamped (See Kerning Square, Mushroom Castle..etc) that any non-returning monster cards should be removed from the card collection count, pages of the collection codex and Set Collections; However, I think that there should also be a "Retro Codex Collections" page dedicated to the removed codex cards, where, It's only purpose is for collectors who like to collect them. If the "Retro Collections" be comes a feature it would also make sense to have a "Retro Cards" pack that you can buy for meso from some vender.

The second issue I would like to hit on , are missing cards, familiars, sets, and drop data for the "new" current mobs in the game.

I understand that it might be hard to get things like this implemented right when the changes happen but it clearly can happen (looking at those Dark World Tree familiars) so I believe the next step to improving the codex is to at least roll out the monster cards of mobs not in the codex, as well as, collection sets for the areas they are located in so we can also have drop data for these mobs. The familiars should come after but I can understand a delay with them due to new abilitys needing to be added to each one; However, I know that other versions (CMS, TMS and JMS) already have this covered for a lot of content already so it would be more effective to take what they have for card data, set data, and familiar data and translate it.

The third thing I want to hit on are some core features of the Codex and Familiars that are in other versions.

What many of us players have noticed and also known about for a long time are the very distinct features of some familiars that only work if you can summon more than a single familiar, these abilitys come from JMS where they can summon more than 1 familiar at time among other things; however, the drawback is that you have to "fuse" the monster cards together before you add them to your collection. I think it would be great if GMS had this feature, but allowed us to summon any 3 of any familiar already in our collection.

I will point out that JMS did also have a familiar potential system added to their familiars in the same update, where potential was added to any familiar card that dropped or came from a pack, and low cost familiar cubes (only like 100~300 points iirc in JMS) but I dont think that's necessary for us (but I would rather have the system be on the same footing as JMS so it can still be maintained and prevent the issues we currently have)

There are also the CMS and TMS versions of the codex, that have a different UI and some new systems. While they dont allow for summoning 3 familiars they do allow you to have 3 codex set effects on at once. Which is a neat feature but I dont agree with the other features of the CMS and TMS version which were centered around familiar potential, but the UI they have is good and clean.
MaryseKerqxonSkyTheDestroyerStarrySWolfPhantomMasterThiefLegionPothIXastrosnotJettLuvsUSherriLightningSpark

Comments

  • KThxBaiNaoKThxBaiNao
    Reactions: 11,690
    Posts: 300
    Member
    edited September 2016
    I didn't know those regions had those features.
    On a personal note - I definitely agree about cleaning up the codex.

    I've forwarded all your feedback to the team. :)
    CatoooloooMegaSciencePhantomMasterThiefliljayyyyLilyflowerSherri
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    Posts: 73
    Member
    edited September 2016
    omg yes I want this so much <333333333333 please fix codex :3
  • FawkoFawko
    Reactions: 2,360
    Posts: 120
    Member
    edited September 2016
    Hoping this is fixed soon and that the codex becomes actually completable
  • IvangoldIvangold
    Reactions: 2,985
    Posts: 587
    Member
    edited September 2016
    Geez, 3sets at once? imagine all the %pdr we could get!
    Just hope we can still twice click in monsters just like today, don't wanna be ripped at 49f in oz ;\
  • gathergather
    Reactions: 1,010
    Posts: 20
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

    Geez, 3sets at once? imagine all the %pdr we could get!
    Just hope we can still twice click in monsters just like today, don't wanna be ripped at 49f in oz ;\
    Flaws with having 3 sets at once is some people will complain for example so and so can't find character cards of this monster.... cause that area is locked or we cant access it (Omega Sector) as well as the old mushroom castle set effect can not be completed. Other things that might need to be addressed is adding the new mobs such as the future perion mobs, scrapyard and black heaven mobs and the dark world tree mobs.
    In terms of pdr well there's 2 choices apart from Leafre set. Hoblin Goblin Set, Mu Lung Set do add 15% pdr.
  • StarrySWolfStarrySWolf
    Reactions: 1,155
    Posts: 73
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Also I have been trying since forever to get the ellin forest fairies cards and familiars do they have familiars anyway the ancient fairy shining fairy have never dropped cards to my knowledge or familiars PLEASE FIX CODEX</3 as well as make pantheon monster drop familiars and cards as well and is anyone aware of the drop list for joke weapons currently honestly sometimes i find joke weapon randomly that aren't even included in the monster drop in the codex XDDDD but if there is a green shiner available out there I would like one
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited October 2016
    gather
    gather said:

    Ivangold
    Ivangold said:

    Geez, 3sets at once? imagine all the %pdr we could get!
    Just hope we can still twice click in monsters just like today, don't wanna be ripped at 49f in oz ;\
    Flaws with having 3 sets at once is some people will complain for example so and so can't find character cards of this monster.... cause that area is locked or we cant access it (Omega Sector) as well as the old mushroom castle set effect can not be completed. Other things that might need to be addressed is adding the new mobs such as the future perion mobs, scrapyard and black heaven mobs and the dark world tree mobs.
    In terms of pdr well there's 2 choices apart from Leafre set. Hoblin Goblin Set, Mu Lung Set do add 15% pdr.
    how far into my suggestion did you read? cause I covered all of that.
  • Bahamut_XBahamut_X
    Reactions: 1,080
    Posts: 35
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Might be one commonly suggested option given to move the retro/retired sets to another location.

    Another option I could think of is inspired by an area in World of Warcraft known as the Caves of Time. Certain areas were revisited from the series cumulative lore and turned into either raids or instances. Given that the concept isn't an entirely new idea. I would toss that with a few of the books from the Choose Your Own Adventure series, namely the Cave of Time book and the sequel Return to the Cave of Time.

    Hence why my thoughts about what we have as retired assets being re-purposed for another area.

    Oddly enough we already have a bit of lore that is already similar to said area with the Grand Athenaeum or Helios Tower entrance to Ellin Forest. I'm sure there could be a way to use the old content and make it into a new area that revisits the retired content for newer players that haven't experienced it. I know we had something similar with the old event where we got to mess around in the old maps and it would actually be a nice break from seeing the same set of maps ad infinitum.

    I'm not saying keep the same levels, given we have a fair bit of low level content for those who do bother to take the time and explore. Just to play around with the concept is what could be considered given that it would be something that could come after we have the 5th job release.

    Not saying that it has to take the form of an exact replica of the original theme dungeons or party quests.
    JettLuvsU
  • liljayyyyliljayyyy
    Reactions: 1,300
    Posts: 62
    Member
    edited October 2016
    KThxCleanUpNao
  • CatoooloooCatooolooo
    Reactions: 5,625
    Posts: 1,213
    Member
    edited October 2016
    Bahamut_X
    Bahamut_X said:



    Oddly enough we already have a bit of lore that is already similar to said area with the Grand Athenaeum or Helios Tower entrance to Ellin Forest. I'm sure there could be a way to use the old content and make it into a new area that revisits the retired content for newer players that haven't experienced it. I know we had something similar with the old event where we got to mess around in the old maps and it would actually be a nice break from seeing the same set of maps ad infinitum.

    I'm not saying keep the same levels, given we have a fair bit of low level content for those who do bother to take the time and explore. Just to play around with the concept is what could be considered given that it would be something that could come after we have the 5th job release.

    Not saying that it has to take the form of an exact replica of the original theme dungeons or party quests.
    thing thing about that is that it would require more work than fixing the Codex and most likely will end up the same say as Twisted aqua road.
  • PhantomMasterThiefPhantomMasterThief
    Reactions: 3,195
    Posts: 480
    Member, Private Tester
    edited October 2017
    Bumping This up! , Please Revamp the crusader codex, this is actually a really nice feature from jms that is brought over to gms,

    give us the Updated JMS Crusader Codex Revamp please. :)
  • Vio2Vio2
    Reactions: 200
    Post: 1
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Bumping This up too! hoping to se the Crusaders Codex getting an update
  • SherriSherri
    Reactions: 3,035
    Posts: 306
    Member
    edited November 2017
    Ooh I'd love to see this updated too! When I first started playing the game, I always had a familiar following me around. :)