[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.249 - Minar Picnic Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

New Wondroid mobs not dropping anything?

RedLeafHeart777RedLeafHeart777
Reactions: 930
edited January 2020 in General Chat
In Wondroid season 1 and 2, we could enter the Aspire building and kill monsters for trait items and coins.

However, the monsters of season 3 don't drop anything even after finishing the whole quest.

That means we can only get 30 coins per day through daily quests. So total of 900 coins for story completion + (30 coins * 30 days) = 1800 (estimated, could be less)

Not even enough to afford 1 Wondroid and Glimmering Wondroid Heart.

What's worse is that after finishing season 3, the monsters in the forest are replaced with new ones, making it impossible to farm for old Aspire coins.

Is this a glitch, or an intended thing?

Comments

• DarkDaveDarkDave
    Reactions: 980
    edited January 2020
    After completing all the quests from wondroid season 3, i re-enter the forest and mobs do not drop anything, neither season 1 - 2 and 3. Just got 30 coins from 2 quests that are completed each day. So the event lasts for 25 days thats in total 30x25 = 750 coins
    How do i buy more stuff from the coin shop?, am i missing something?
    How do you get season 1 coins if you have already completed all quests?
  • dorkydorky
    Reactions: 730
    monsters in the forest are dropping traits and coin, no drops in aspire though
  • RexaarRexaar
    Reactions: 3,645
    edited January 2020
    You can farm for season 1 coins after finishing season 3 by unlocking investigation mode (5 daily entries) by doing a portion of the season 1 quest line.
  • Engo79Engo79
    Reactions: 500
    edited January 2020
    Hey,

I just rescued aster from aspire but I can not finish the quest. It was really hard so I put some effort in it.
    When I look into my quest notifier it says "complete" but I cannot finish the quest by talking to Sephia or someone.
    Is that the reason why I cannot do investigation mode?
    How can i rescue the other droids?

Please help
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited February 2020
    EDIT: Issue solved.
  • ShadEightShadEight
    Reactions: 3,110
    edited January 2020
    It seems like we can't buy out the shop with just 30 chips a day (even with 900 from the quest). The only way is to do S3 and dailies on at least 3-4 characters and transfer it the chairs , damage skins and effect to your main. Good luck trying to get in with multiple characters.
  • ThatRandomShadeThatRandomShade
    Reactions: 1,250
    edited January 2020
    Since theres no mention of coin drops from season 3 mobs in the Known Issues section, then 30 coins a day might be an intentional decision by the devs which is stupid since once you buy one of the 1200 coin wondroids you will only have 600 coins left which can only buy you the Scion effect item, hopefully they change this.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    Reactions: 3,135
    edited February 2020
    I really hope this changes because only 30 coins a day is really too low!
  • BelloPallyBelloPally
    Reactions: 1,905
    edited February 2020
    They really need to add other means of obtaining chips because 30 Memory Chips per day is just absurd.

Assuming you do dailies every day, the total amount of chips you can gain is 1740. (including 900 chips you get from the storyline)

You can hardly buy 2 things from the shop with that much amount of chips.
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited February 2020
    you get a choice of one of the new roids or a heart for season 3 but not both...
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited February 2020
    Was any of this fixed?
  • PlaySpencerPlaySpencer
    Reactions: 735
    edited February 2020
    CrystalOra wrote: »
    Was any of this fixed?

Nope~~ as you can see from the lack of moderator presence. 30 is all you get.
    Enjoy your 1 purchasable item per character for S3. Dont plan to save up for next year...etc

At the end of the event duration, all Aspire Memory Chips and Aspire Commemorative Coins will be removed.

^Patch Notes
  • CrystalOraCrystalOra
    edited February 2020
    no reason to continue doing the S3 content when you can't make enough to get anything after the first quests are completed.
  • StarryKnightStarryKnight
    Reactions: 1,935
    edited February 2020
    The real kicker... If you want both the Scion chair and Skyroid on a single character, you will have to complete the entirety of S1, S2, and S3 on at least two separate characters. This is because both of these purchases require all three seasons to be completed to gain eligibility, and it is impossible to afford the chair after purchasing Sky. So you will need to redo everything on a second character, then forgo purchasing sky in order to purchase the chair, then transfer the chair through storage to your main. If you want the Scion chair, the scion effect and the Skyroid on a single char... yup. Three separate characters need to complete the entirety of S1, S2 and S3.

I have to believe that the mobs are *suppose* to drop the coins, but for some reason an oversight happened and fixing it proved too difficult in the time allotted, because it makes no sense to create an event in which it is impossible to purchase more than a single high ticket item from the shop on a single character after completing the entirety of all three seasons...