[New Users] Please note that all new users need to be approved before posting. This process can take up to 24 hours. Thank you for your patience.
Check out the v.248 - Strawberry Farm Festival Patch Notes here!
If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the Forums Code of Conduct: https://forums.maplestory.nexon.net/discussion/29556/code-of-conducts

False bans back again?

Comments

• wolluswollus
    Reactions: 300
    edited June 2020
    I have been playing for more than 10 years legally and after this last patch they banned me for no reason
    Really Nexon?
    Greetings Mapler,

Thank you for contacting Nexon Player Support.

I understand your concerns. However, please be informed that the action has been thoroughly investigated by our game team, and we have arrived at the same conclusion: the account was found to be involved in an activity which violated our Terms of Use or Code of Conduct, which resulted in a ban being placed on to your account. I sincerely ask for your understanding in this matter.
    Sincerely,
    GM PinkySly
    Nexon Player Support
  • ColoursonColourson
    Reactions: 630
    edited June 2020
    Since it seems like everyone''s getting banned because Nexon doesn't like us AFK in the game and doing other stuff and aren't intended to hurt Maple at all. I wonder how long it'll take them to repeal the false bans?
  • xyoobtsabxyoobtsab
    edited June 2020
    YES! I'm having the same issue.
    I've been playing for over 10 years now and today they told me I was banned for hacking or some third party stuff.
    I was just like WTF!? I just log in as usual...
    GMS! You guys need to do a better job.
    You'll lose a lot of players doing this...
    Help us solve this false issue.
  • xyoobtsabxyoobtsab
    edited June 2020
    It seems like I wasn't the only one, and not just that but it's happening really recently to a lot of players.
    I hope it doesn't lead to us all leaving maplestory...
    We've lost enough players already.
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    Colourson did you got banned as well?
  • chaoscauserchaoscauser
    Reactions: 4,740
    Member, Private Tester
    edited June 2020
    9 hours and no answer on my ticket , pretty laughable .. I've had better support from small indie companies.
  • ColoursonColourson
    Reactions: 630
    edited June 2020
    Colourson did you got banned as well?
    yep
    "...this account's MapleStory access has been removed after illegal third-party programs specifically created to affect MapleStory gameplay were detected active..." my ass
  • zzzluisxdzzzluisxd
    Reactions: 500
    edited June 2020
    Hello everyone, I am very offended by maplestory, I have been accused of using illegal programs, I want to report my last hour of the game
    world: Bera
    ID: Archerluis14

06/16/2020, 4:16 pm

"I was training in Caver Lower Path, about 1 hour after I had collected NODESTONES, I left the map and went to NPC to take my nodestones apart, but I made a mistake writing the PIC and then he gave me DC, after that he went in and told me that my account is banned "

after that I felt devastated, after playing 10 years maplestory, investment of time and money, the game accuses me with a very serious fault

I think I am not the only person affected, I have reviewed contemporary cases to mine and it turns out that there are more than 20 cases that were reported in the week that passed, I think that the GMS is not managing the game well, with this they are causing that the people reject the game, since there is no good study of the cases, they always send the same answer, without specifying the damage or saying how I alter the game, they do not require anything, it is not fair and I think that we should present our claims to all those affected

Greetings guys
    ARCHERLUIS14
  • zzzluisxdzzzluisxd
    edited June 2020
    Hello everyone, I am very offended by maplestory, I have been accused of using illegal programs, I want to report my last hour of the game

"I was training in Caver Lower Path, about 1 hour after I had collected NODESTONES, I left the map and went to NPC to take my nodestones apart, but I made a mistake writing the PIC and then he gave me DC, after that he went in and told me that my account is banned "

after that I felt devastated, after playing 10 years maplestory, investment of time and money, the game accuses me with a very serious fault

I think I am not the only person affected, I have reviewed contemporary cases to mine and it turns out that there are more than 20 cases that were reported in the week that passed, I think that the GMS is not managing the game well, with this they are causing that the people reject the game, since there is no good study of the cases, they always send the same answer, without specifying the damage or saying how I alter the game, they do not require anything, it is not fair and I think that we should present our claims to all those affected

Greetings guys
    ARCHERLUIS14
  • zzzluisxdzzzluisxd
    edited June 2020

Greetings guys
    ARCHERLUIS14[b]
  • ApocalyptianApocalyptian
    Reactions: 2,330
    edited June 2020
    I have lost count of how many we have found all across here, reddit, and Facebook. It seems like most of us were afk at the time in maps perhaps getting exp or rise coins. But 20+ wow....there are no words. I bet there are many more that just haven't caught up with us yet, or shared thier experiences.
    We can only hope if this many legits are effected by this turn of events that they will actually do something.
    I have not heard back from them since this morning when they claimed to escalate my ticket to the senior gm my husband spoke to. We are hoping so hard that no news is good news.
    We will keep you updated though and good luck as always on your tickets. Something has to change, we cannot lose hope!
  • AlgodonaAlgodona
    Reactions: 1,005
    edited June 2020
    The saddest part of this is that they respond to the tickets in the same way for everyone, that implies that they do not take the time to investigate in depth !!

In the end Nexon is the most favored with this because if we want to return to MapleStory we will have to invest time and MONEY!

No more false positives !! behind each account there is a story of dedication and love for the game that in the end must be respected ...
  • ThonanyThonany
    Reactions: 600
    edited June 2020
    I have lost count of how many we have found all across here, reddit, and Facebook. It seems like most of us were afk at the time in maps perhaps getting exp or rise coins. But 20+ wow....there are no words. I bet there are many more that just haven't caught up with us yet, or shared thier experiences.
    We can only hope if this many legits are effected by this turn of events that they will actually do something.
    I have not heard back from them since this morning when they claimed to escalate my ticket to the senior gm my husband spoke to. We are hoping so hard that no news is good news.
    We will keep you updated though and good luck as always on your tickets. Something has to change, we cannot lose hope!

I hope they give you a good answer and solve the problem for all of us.
    for my part, it is impossible to contact support every ticket I send results in the same response of copying and pasting :/
  • rizariza
    Reactions: 3,025
    edited June 2020
    I have noticed for since we been getting our new updates that a lot of afk bans have been happening which people who afk in-game have been getting ban permanently.

I have been told this by many maplers and wanted to know if these afk bans had been happening to other people and if there is a way to get unban from those bugs which ban you for doing absolutely nothing.

I am very upset about this as many people invested a lot of times in the game only to be ban for not hacking, duping or doing anything against tos but simply just being there!!!

I want to know about this cause we have soo many issues in the game and problems that should be ban but banning people for asking?

This is the lowest form of voiceless, this is the lowest form of decency and the lowest form of managing committed players to a game.

I want to know if this had been happening to others, as well as if Nexon had taken actions to correct this error?
  • zzzluisxdzzzluisxd
    edited June 2020
    :)
  • iLufriceiLufrice
    Reactions: 410
    edited June 2020
    First time posting on the forums, I was also banned for 'suspicious third party programs' and was also afk at the time of the ban. I am glad I stumbled upon this thread because now I know I am not the only one that was affected by their 'thorough investigations'. I lost hope after two failed appeal tickets and I've read the horror stories on reddit that excessive tickets will lead to a ban from their support as well..
  • PathLovePathLove
    Reactions: 450
    same for me!i got banned for no reason today!after 10 hours and no respond from nexon! my acc is around 60k stats and fz totem! ty nexon!
  • Phungus123Phungus123
    Reactions: 200
    I've also been banned by the auto-ban system
    World:Reboot
    IGN:Blankstep
    Level: 237 28k Stat
    Class: Shadower
  • PowersPowers
    Reactions: 100
    Glad to see I’m not alone , also got false banned few hours ago while afking in el nath, seems like all we have in common is we all afked and got banned , sent a ticket but no response yet, I will update once I get a response ,
  • Haruchon99Haruchon99
    Reactions: 210
    edited June 2020
    Just another False-ban rant post. I hate Nexon. I guess i gotta thank them too now that they released me from their own hell-made game called Global Maple Story.
    This is how you lose loyal player base Nexon, keep it up.
    You truly do not believe it is true until it happens to you.

9y0uwmj5b5651.png?width=1279&format=png&auto=webp&s=af180974d26281c771aae7eb931a8d4021c39ac7
    xyoobtsab